Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 + Summer Game Fest 2021 - June 10th to July 29th

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
nameless indies who get covered by major events and IGN articles about it

Oh, the geek-is-chic media and their corpos are definitely trying to make it seem as big as possible, and you are a mark falling for it.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
nameless indies who get covered by major events and IGN articles about it

Oh, the geek-is-chic media and their corpos are definitely trying to make it seem as big as possible, and you are a mark falling for it.
"if I pretend it doesn't exist, then it doesn't actually exist!"

"If the lying media says its so, then it is so."
See how many people buy Grandma Walking simulator or the carebear furry game, and see how many play fucking Call of Duty or something. See how much of this is just marketing, and how you are a mark falling for it.
Reminder, nothing runs better on MTV than songs saying FUCK MTV. Keep hyping up games by mentioning how shoehorned in the black ladies are, I am sure it secures a few grudge sales on a project nobody would otherwise look at twice.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Holy moly, the facial animations on Far Cry 6 look like hot garbage, especially in comparison to past games.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
and see how many play fucking Call of Duty or something. S
ah yes, the shooters that are totally different and not full of the same exact subject matter.
Like battlefield featuring amputee female soldiers fighting on the front lines of WW2

See, this is what I was talking about. This is you making caricatures. Call of Duty adding a female model for multiplayer or Battlefield (which commercially failed by the way) adding some lady in the trailer, and maybe a singleplayer map? This absolutely is not what they were showing earlier.
You are the opportunist trying to ground your fetish into reality, trying to tie in the Grandma Walking game into Call of Duty having female models, and claim it is the exact same political movement or whatever the fuck. Incidentally, the same thing that the journalists you "hate", but then cite as proof, are doing. Strange bedfellows, you and Polygon. Really makes me think.

Old Hans

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/c/guerrillacollective/videos

rzASTo6.jpg

yikes these guys all look like their part of some front to use video games as a platform to spread some shit ideology

"yo I love sonic the hedgehog, but let me tell you about the white devil and how he wanna kill all the black people"

Codex Year of the Donut
You are the opportunist trying to ground your fetish into reality, trying to tie in the Grandma Walking game into Call of Duty having female models, and claim it is the exact same political movement or whatever the fuck. Seek help, my dude.
"having female models"
maxresdefault.jpg

lol ok, whatever helps your delusions

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy fuck Developer Digital is unfunny.

"Hey kids, we are gamers too like you and unlike the other evul companies we dislike money"

vibehunter

Learned
You guys actually sit down to watch this drivel? Well thanks for wasting your time on my behalf and keeping me informed on the key takeaways, in any case. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is a Gearbox thing now also:

Competition between Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest and IGN's Summer of Gaming.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Geoff setting expectations: the Take-Two conference won't feature game announcements, it's all about "inclusivity and diversity in gaming".

:codexisfor:

EDIT: I'm not fucking with you: https://www.gamespress.com/en-US/USC-GAMES-JOINS-TAKE-TWO-INTERACTIVE-FOR-DIVERSITY-EQUITY-AND-INCLUSIO

WHAT: Take-Two Interactive Software is hosting an interactive panel on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for E3, featuring Jim Huntley, Interactive Media & Games’ Professor and Head of Marketing for USC Games, the #1 Games Program in North America.

WHEN/WHERE: The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Panel can be viewed during Virtual E3 on Monday, June 14 at 10:15am PT/1:15pm ET. on the official E3YouTube Channel.

WHY: The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Panel will showcase speakers fromUSC Games, Gay Gaming Professionals, Games For Change, and Girls Make Games.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Geoff setting expectations: the Take-Two conference won't feature game announcements, it's all about "inclusivity and diversity in gaming".

:codexisfor:

EDIT: I'm not fucking with you: https://www.gamespress.com/en-US/USC-GAMES-JOINS-TAKE-TWO-INTERACTIVE-FOR-DIVERSITY-EQUITY-AND-INCLUSIO

WHAT: Take-Two Interactive Software is hosting an interactive panel on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for E3, featuring Jim Huntley, Interactive Media & Games’ Professor and Head of Marketing for USC Games, the #1 Games Program in North America.

WHEN/WHERE: The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Panel can be viewed during Virtual E3 on Monday, June 14 at 10:15am PT/1:15pm ET. on the official E3YouTube Channel.

WHY: The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Panel will showcase speakers fromUSC Games, Gay Gaming Professionals, Games For Change, and Girls Make Games.
nooo this is just a caricature created by 4chan!! it doesn't exist!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any Duke Nukem news from Gearbox?

No. It was all Borderlands. You know Borderlands? We got a Borderlands game. And a Borderlands movie in the making. It's gonna be EPIC. What more you say? Well, we got this Borderlands game and movie.

AAA gaming is beyond dead. Only rehashes of rehashes and DLCs and expansions for already released games. This has to be the worst E3 I have ever seen.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Devolver's humor might be hit or miss but at least it has a personality. Now, compared to Ubisoft's utterly banal and hypocritical self-praise smell your own fart bullshit conference where they spent half of its runtime talking about how "Ubisoft teams managed to deliver this and that", "we focus on quality and diversity etc... " with Yves Guilefuckyou popping up to announce another dime in a dozen blockbuster game while still ignoring the abuse allegations headline from just a month ago. That is what made me like Devolver's more, at least they have games I want to play, not $100 pieces of 5000 polygon elfshit that include microtransactions presented in fake professional environment. Imagine advertising updates and TV shows in your video game presentation :hahano:

But seriously, Inscryption looks fucking insane.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Any Duke Nukem news from Gearbox?

No. It was all Borderlands. You know Borderlands? We got a Borderlands game. And a Borderlands movie in the making. It's gonna be EPIC. What more you say? Well, we got this Borderlands game and movie.

AAA gaming is beyond dead. Only rehashes of rehashes and DLCs and expansions for already released games. This has to be the worst E3 I have ever seen.
The only thing I found rather curious about Gearbox was seeing a grown man wearing a Hello Kitty sweater while talking about a game which its narrator is a deranged white teenager trying hard doing a ghetto lingo and a gay pride unicorn appears flying shooting rainbow rays on a dragon, ironically, this description fits perfectly the state of mind of the people that organized and made games for the E3 Summer Fest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom