Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow Warrior 3 by Flying Wild Hog

fork

So the second one copied Borderlands 2 because that was popular at the time, now this one copies Doom Eternal. Granted all the Build Engine games are copies of each other but at least they were copying good stuff, now it's shit copying shit.

Copying Doom Eternal is an improvement.

:retarded:

vibehunter

Learned
What exactly are they copying from Doom Eternal? The grappling hook?

If they remove the bullet sponge looter shooter stuff that was in 2, I’ll play it.

passerby

Arcane
What exactly are they copying from Doom Eternal? The grappling hook?

It may not be a bad thing and an incline over previous installments, but there is no denying that it's a stright up reskin of Doom Eternal, just watch that latest gameplay trailer.

I'm put off by the art style, too much circus and color saturation and random flashy shit on the screen for me to handle and I thought that previous Shadow Warrior already was unwatchable, but this is somehow even worse.

Last edited:

soulburner

Cipher
After watching the latest gameplay video I have three impressions: it looks too much like Doom Eternal (but with more "I don't see shit" kind of flashy graphics), has nothing left that I associate with the name Shadow Warrior and...

...the audio.

The balance seems all over the place, but the most annoying thing is how loud the weapons are. I mean, I can hear the shotgun, but the machineguns? They sound like a soft pew pew pew that is barely coming through the ambience.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
It looks like it is Shadow Warrior in name only now.

The first outing did try to capture some of the original spirit. The second game was its own thing.

I don't even know what this is.

Riskbreaker

It looks like a cross between Doom Eternal and Serious Sam 2.

It doesn't speak well of you if each new entry in your series is a reinvention and one that blatantly apes whatever the current hotness is - looter shooters for SW2, Doom Eternal here. You come off as a copycat with no confidence or vision.

I never played the original. I really enjoyed the reboot, but the sequel got a lot wrong. The developers seemed to think more is always better. It became a parody of itself mechanically and thematically. While not awful, it lacked the fun, charm, and quality of SW Returns. Wang also went from amusing to stupid, which all of the NPCs in SW2 seem to agree about in a weird self aware way.

SW3 appears that they are tripling down in this garish, zooming, stupidity. A shame.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
That trailer is the type of cringe that causes actual physical discomfort. Don't tell me there are people who find it smart or funny.

toughasnails

Leave it to Gamers (TM) to focus on the dumbest, most irrelevant issue imaginable. Just browse the top rated comments on yt, they are all ranting about the new VA. Not the game being completely different once again, not being the continuation of the first reboot game's tone and style and so on...

As for the game itself, I'll wait and see. I liked Doom Eternal and SW3 is wearing its influence of tis sleeve but SW2 was a mess. Ideally I'd love to see something closer to the first game but with deeper melee combat and overall tightened up but it's obvious we won't be getting that.

Hobknobling

Learned
That trailer is the type of cringe that causes actual physical discomfort. Don't tell me there are people who find it smart or funny.

I agree with him:
The humor is complete, total, utter, unspeakable cringe. Doom Eternal had some of the worst writing i've ever seen in a game, but i think this is worse.

In fact, it's so bad and cringe that i'll just say fuck the gameplay. Don't give a shit even if the game is good, this shit is unbearable to me.

Did they hire Anthony Burch?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Leave it to Gamers (TM) to focus on the dumbest, most irrelevant issue imaginable. Just browse the top rated comments on yt, they are all ranting about the new VA.

Of course it is relevant. The previous voice actor was bad, but this is even worse. You'll have to listen to his "funny quips" the entire game.

And they fired the previous voice actor because he was a white man, hired this guy because his parents are Asian.

gif-shaking-head-18.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom