Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

CoronerZg

Augur
As for the flickering, I seem to remember that turning off vsync solves it.
Didn't help... some folks say you need to force AA x2, but that did not help either. I tried to set process affinity to 1 core, as that was the issue for some older games, also didn't help.

Anyone else has any ideas?

Tigranes

Arcane
All these EE fans just proving that you really can cashgrab with some terrible half-assed shit product as long as you get one or two things right somehow, take off the original product, mark yours up, and call it 'enhanced', and consumer will just consume.

I bought it on sale (75% or 50% off i believe so very little money). Has a few additions over a modded BG that i personally prefer, each to his own and all that. I don't see a problem since it's hardly forced upon anyone.

If you want to make a cash grab there are far more easy options in the industry and which would appeal to a way, way larger crowd of people.

EE also means new and/or younger people are introduced to the series, that's a total win to anyone who's a fan of similar games since the demand for such games will go up.

Given that they actually pushed the originals off retailers for a time, I wouldn't quite say it was 'unforced'.

Speculations about market aside, I'd also rather play a superior product for free (from the original purchase), instead of choosing to suffer/dodge the NPCs, fugly UI and other aberrations for additional $.

Gargaune

Magister
Given that they actually pushed the originals off retailers for a time, I wouldn't quite say it was 'unforced'.

Speculations about market aside, I'd also rather play a superior product for free (from the original purchase), instead of choosing to suffer/dodge the NPCs, fugly UI and other aberrations for additional $.
I don't really get this argument, Beamdog's bundling the original editions with their Enhanced Editions, at least on GOG. If we're talking price, yes, they practically doubled it from €8 to €16, but consider that most of you who bought BG back in the day presumably paid a lot more at the time and if you're happy with your classic copies then you don't have a horse in this race. And where new players are concerned, they get plug-and-play versions of games where "age" isn't that much of a factor - what's better value, BG EE at €16 or PoE at €36?

mkultra

Augur

Then do that and stop pretending you have to buy the EE if you own the originals?

About NPC's and UI, there are mods for that obviously. Can't even remember what the original UI looks like tbh.

I would say the EE is probably the better purchase for newbies since they can get away with not using any resolution mods and such.

CoronerZg I have a wealth of them, but Melcar is correct that the majority are available still through G3, SHS, and PPG. I have some really good mods that are more obscure, like shapeshifter improvements (sadras), wizard slayer improvements, and the absolutely outstanding wild mage spell expansion. The wild mage one is very difficult to find these days. This is mod list and install order I used prior to the EEs.

Game 1
Game 2
No CD Hack
Ascension
Wheels of Prophecy
Baldur's Gate 2 Fixpack

Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Baldur's Gate Trilogy Tweaks

--------------------
Baldur's Gate 1 Mods
--------------------
Baldur's Gate I Restored Narration
Baldur's gate Lightmaps
Baldur's Gate Unfinished Business
Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests & Encounters
NPCs
Baldur's Gate NPC Project
Level 1 NPCs
Sword Coast Strategems I
Baldur's Gate Tweaks

---------------------------
Baldur's Gate 2 Mods & Else
---------------------------
Baldur's Gate 2 Unfinished Business
Pocket Plane Group Quest Pack
Assassinations
Pocket Plane Banter
iepBanter
Baldur's Gate 2 Creature Fixer
Oversight
Rogue Rebalancing
Improved Horns
Item Revisions
One Pixel Productions
Baldur's Gate II Sheild Animation Fix
PnP Free Action
Wildmage Expansion
WizardSlayer Mod
Shapeshifter Mod
Spell Revisions
Picky Familiars
PnP Celestials
Sword Coast Strategems II
gMinion
Baldur's Gate II Tweaks
aTweaks
eSeries (PC Scripts)
WideScreen
Generalized Biffing
Throne of Bhaal Extender
Refinements
This looks great. Can I bother you to share it?

Sure. PM me a link to a drop box or similar, and I'll put them on it. I think in total, these amount to around 350-500mb.

Tigranes

Arcane

Then do that and stop pretending you have to buy the EE if you own the originals?

About NPC's and UI, there are mods for that obviously. Can't even remember what the original UI looks like tbh.

I would say the EE is probably the better purchase for newbies since they can get away with not using any resolution mods and such.

What are you even talking about? Who are you talking to? I've been playing the originals all this time.

My opinion is that the EE is a poor product and overall inferior to the original experience, but that it's unfortunately become a 'default' option. Is that simple enough to process for you?

It's not my problem if you can't even remember the superior UI design.

Tigranes

Arcane

I don't really get this argument, Beamdog's bundling the original editions with their Enhanced Editions, at least on GOG. If we're talking price, yes, they practically doubled it from €8 to €16, but consider that most of you who bought BG back in the day presumably paid a lot more at the time and if you're happy with your classic copies then you don't have a horse in this race. And where new players are concerned, they get plug-and-play versions of games where "age" isn't that much of a factor - what's better value, BG EE at €16 or PoE at €36?

An apple is on sale for 8 euros. Some dude comes along says here's an enhanced apple that's 16 euros, but we'll also give you the original apple. Except now you can't buy the original apple for 8 euros anymore. You have to buy the enhanced apple even if you don't want it.

It's completely irrelevant what the apple cost 50 years ago. Even if you love the enhanced apple, why would you twist yourself all round to defend an unnecessary removal of consumer choice?

mkultra

Augur
My opinion is that the EE is a poor product and overall inferior to the original experience, but that it's unfortunately become a 'default' option. Is that simple enough to process for you?

...and mine is that EE is far superior. Is that easy enough to "process" for you?

It's not my problem if you can't even remember the superior UI design.

never said its your fault i prefer a modded UI over the original... googled an image of it, lol no, it's pretty damn awful in comparison to how you can make it with mods - as in not needing that ugly backdrop, really prefer to see more of the game, it's useless to obscure the game with an ugly texture below the UI.

My UI:

J2r4mQZ.jpg

way better, and the EE UI is ugly as well, mods is where it's at.

Tigranes

Arcane
You are free to like the EE, I can't control your tastes.

You just couldn't handle someone criticising EE and got your panties in a knot around people being "forced" to buy EE or some weird shit that nobody ever said.

As for modded UI, I think your one looks much better than the EE UI, which looked much worse than the original UI. Ugh on those sprites, though.

Gargaune

Magister
An apple is on sale for 8 euros. Some dude comes along says here's an enhanced apple that's 16 euros, but we'll also give you the original apple. Except now you can't buy the original apple for 8 euros anymore. You have to buy the enhanced apple even if you don't want it.

It's completely irrelevant what the apple cost 50 years ago. Even if you love the enhanced apple, why would you twist yourself all round to defend an unnecessary removal of consumer choice?
I think you're missing my point there. I'm arguing that the IE titles haven't been significantly deprecated by the passage of time relative to new products of the same type, like PoE or Tides of Whatever. They're old but not outdated, they're still better than most modern competitors, and the EE treatment makes them just as easy to run by new players. And in light of that, even with Beamdog hiking the price, they're still excellent value for new buyers.

Now, my argument here was about value to consumers, but if you wanna get into market rationales, it's actually more straightforward - Beamdog bought the licenses to these IE titles, so of course they made their own package standard. And they settled on that €16 tag because they believe that to be the point of maximum profit, either via full price or discounted sales. And the latter, by the by, is a relevant detail that often gets overlooked, the EEs go on deep sale regularly.

Tigranes

Arcane

I think you're missing my point there. I'm arguing that the IE titles haven't been significantly deprecated by the passage of time relative to new products of the same type, like PoE or Tides of Whatever. They're old but not outdated, they're still better than most modern competitors, and the EE treatment makes them just as easy to run by new players. And in light of that, even with Beamdog hiking the price, they're still excellent value for new buyers.

Now, my argument here was about value to consumers, but if you wanna get into market rationales, it's actually more straightforward - Beamdog bought the licenses to these IE titles, so of course they made their own package standard. And they settled on that €16 tag because they believe that to be the point of maximum profit, either via full price or discounted sales. And the latter, by the by, is a relevant detail that often gets overlooked, the EEs go on deep sale regularly.

They can sell whatever they want at whatever price they want. But I don't see why it's good for any consumer that they went and reduced consumer choice by taking the originals off the shelves. The only party that particular move benefits is the corporation, not the consumer.

Whether Beamdog sells at $16 or $160, or whether it goes on sale, is irrelevant to that point.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Removing the old versions was kind of unnecessary. It's not as if most people wouldn't buy the EE anyway.

Gargaune

Magister
They can sell whatever they want at whatever price they want. But I don't see why it's good for any consumer that they went and reduced consumer choice by taking the originals off the shelves. The only party that particular move benefits is the corporation, not the consumer.

Whether Beamdog sells at $16 or $160, or whether it goes on sale, is irrelevant to that point.
It's not irrelevant, you just keep confusing my point. You're arguing that having to buy the more expensive EE bundle just to get the classic build is a reduction in consumer choice, and I'm stating that even in these circumstances, Beamdog's offer is still better value than many modern competitors'. These aren't mutually exclusive, you're arguing a point of principle whereas I'm saying that in practice it doesn't amount to much, especially given the EEs' propensity to go on deep discounts.

Radiane

Cipher
Wanted to play a BG 1 game, tried the EE version.
Ran into a strange bug late game in the city of BG.
Last save wasn´t too far away, but still lost interest.
I mean, after I don´t know how many years, they should be able to deliver a somewhat bugfree BG 1, right? RIGHT?
Now, I kinda regret that I trusted Beamdog in the first place-
BTW, when will the EEs be "finally" patched? 2043 or when?
I want my original BG back!!!
So, moral of the story, I should have sticked to the mods and not some EE from a dubious developer:(

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ps Archwizard Hank look what’s gotten in the water since your LP started…

I write 40 solid pages (or so my text editor tells me) of LP every month to warn you guys, not encourage you. Holy fuck. I mean, I really shouldn't have expected anything less, but god damn. Also update 16 is coming along nicely thanks for asking

Since I'm here and bound by the topic, I'd like to take this aside to blanketly warn anyone off of mods that advertise "HUGE AMOUNTS OF CONTENT!" or "OVER 200 NEW SPELLS!" or "HOURS OF GAMEPLAY!" or any other such ridiculous claim. While they will technically deliver on these claims, the problem with big mods (aside from the obvious issue of quantity being prioritized over quality) is that most of them just aren't very good at telling you what the hell you're supposed to do, and this is a terminal problem in the world of modding, where modders are intentionally cagey about things like walkthroughs and overall help because heaven forbid we "spoil the experience" for you. For a lot of mods, the only detailed walkthroughs you can find on the web aren't even for the latest versions you can download, so it's a crapshoot as to whether or not the listed solution is the solution that still works.

The best mods are smaller mods that focus on one specific idea and don't try to change too many facets of the game, as if I even have to state this. Stuff like smaller self-contained quests, short dungeons, or NPCs that don't try to make themselves the center of the game's universe. I'd also like to state for the record that automatic mod managers are a mistake. If you don't know what you're installing, chances are up to 75% of what the installer suggests for a "recommended installation" will be terrible.

In the interest of being constructive, here's at least one mod from my ridiculous mod list that stood out to me as being decent. There are a couple of others, but the modlist isn't in front of me at the moment so I don't have their names.
https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/npcs/glam-npc-pack/
I've only tested Vynd, and he seems to have originally been a standalone mod. I can't vouch for the other NPCs listed on this page, but Vynd is decent and jives fairly well with the rest of the game... Assuming you have the BG1 NPC Project enabled and the other vanilla NPCs are equally chatty. He kind of never shuts up.

In short: BG modders are wankers.
& Most can't even be bothered to do a readme.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I mean, after I don´t know how many years, they should be able to deliver a somewhat bugfree BG 1, right? RIGHT?
So, moral of the story, I should have sticked to the mods and not some EE from a dubious developer:(

Was it the poison bug? I ran into a bug they introduced where the
party was poisoned
and the cure didn't work. That was about a year ago.

Radiane

Cipher

Was it the poison bug? I ran into a bug they introduced where the
party was poisoned
and the cure didn't work. That was about a year ago.

No, it was somewhere in that tower you ascend, and along the way you can collect all those books. (Collecting books is so fun ! And time consumming) I had arranged them so nicely in my inventories, and then something unexpected happened (which didn´t happen in the original Saga at all), but it´s been too long, smt like some guys attacking me unprovoked and my party not being able to initiate dialogue or something. If I think about it, this COULD have been a feature.. but then again, not really. Not even the guys at Beamdog are so dope enough to alter that scene in such a retarded way... Or... at least I hope...

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Well the game breaking bug I encountered was something I've never come across in 20 years of playing BG, so what Beamshit can't accomplish is anyone's guess. :roll:

Tigranes

Arcane

It's not irrelevant, you just keep confusing my point. You're arguing that having to buy the more expensive EE bundle just to get the classic build is a reduction in consumer choice, and I'm stating that even in these circumstances, Beamdog's offer is still better value than many modern competitors'. These aren't mutually exclusive, you're arguing a point of principle whereas I'm saying that in practice it doesn't amount to much, especially given the EEs' propensity to go on deep discounts.

OK. I agree that it's a different argument about whether Beamdog's package is good value. Not sure why that matters, since you replied to me when I was making a different point about consumer choice. I also don't agree that it's good value, as I think we would all have been perfectly fine if Beamdog and its EEs never existed.

There are a ton of shit games out there that of course have some positives (it would be hard for there to be none), and are regularly discounted to peanut price. But the question as to whether a game has enough positives to be worth $2 on sale isn't really a meaningful discussion, is it? It's two freaking dollars, it's not hard to meet that bar.

Gargaune

Magister
OK. I agree that it's a different argument about whether Beamdog's package is good value. Not sure why that matters, since you replied to me when I was making a different point about consumer choice. I also don't agree that it's good value, as I think we would all have been perfectly fine if Beamdog and its EEs never existed.
We'll have to agree to disagree. My experience with modding IWD2 really drove home the benefits of a plug-and-play EE, and ignoring any other features that's enough of a value proposition in my opinion.

Sykar

Arcane
You installed over 100 BG mods by using a mod manager and have no serious complaints?

You are not setting a high standard for taste or discernment.

ps Archwizard Hank look what’s gotten in the water since your LP started…

My log:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #116 // Remove Thieving Start Bonuses from Bard and Ranger Skills: v10
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tougher Sendai (ToB Required): 13
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Continuity: 13
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Cleric Kits: 13
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v26beta2
~UB/SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok: v26beta2
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #106 // 1ppv4: Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #111 // 1ppv4: Thieves Galore -> BGII - Unique Thief Avatars
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #113 // 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #114 // 1ppv4: Softer Spell Effects
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #201 // 1ppv4: Consistent spell and scroll icons
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #203 // 1ppv4: Restored flame sword animations
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #204 // 1ppv4: Colourable Quarterstaves
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #205 // 1ppv4: Legacy Shields
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #206 // 1ppv4: Additional Shield Animations (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #207 // 1ppv4: Wizards' Staves (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #208 // 1ppv4: Additional Helmet Animations (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #209 // 1ppv4: Attachable wings (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #210 // 1ppv4: Increased paperdoll object variety (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #401 // 1ppv4: Improved projectile effects
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #300 // 1ppv4: Fixed animations for solars and elementals
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.80
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities: Refinements v 3.31
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #20 // "SwashImoen" -> "SwashImoen", full revision (suggested): Refinements v 3.31
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default): Refinements v 3.31
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes: Refinements v 3.31
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v30
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #21 // "SwashImoen" -> "SwashImoen", simple kit change (undocumented): Refinements v 3.31
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Shapeshifting fix -> Heal on shifting back to human (Default): Refinements v 3.31
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Universal lesser mage robes: Refinements v 3.31
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.80
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.80
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Delay High Level Abilities: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2291 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table Only: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v16
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2111 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at their level (not twice their level): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Prevent Simulacra and Projected Images from using magical items: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows with nonmagical "fine" ones: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Replace +1 magical weapons with Fine ones: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3041 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Stores sell a maximum of 5 Arrows of Dispelling: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Move the Cloak of Mirroring: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Change Carsomyr so that its Dispel on contact power grants a saving throw: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 2/3 the normal rate: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Allow the Cowled Wizards to detect spellcasting in most indoor, above-ground areas in Athkatla: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4160 // Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 10,000 gp: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4170 // Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 40,000 gold pieces: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4200 // Retrieve Dropped Items from Hell: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4210 // Randomise the maze in Watcher's Keep: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4215 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4218 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Remove all ammo from random containers: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4230 // Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> Only selected spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn get HLAs: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6031 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6041 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6103 // Potions for NPCs -> Two thirds of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies -> Genies have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6530 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have a substantial hit point increase: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders -> Give beholder rays some chance to "burn through" spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6562 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // More resilient trolls: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8040 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Mildly increased difficulty: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8090 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8130 // Prevent resting in the Illithid city: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30
~SETUP-VIRTUE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Virtue

Mostly bug fixes, restored content, SCS, Ascension and some other stuff. No mod manager needed and Beamderp can suck it.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Does anyone remember for dual classing whether you get proficiency points during your second class progression at all?
Like for, say, putting points into Grandmastery after dualing to a non-Fighter? Depends on the engine. BG2/EE engine, yes (even though it's against AD&D rules). BG1 engine, no, you can only put additional points into what the second class is normally allowed.

Sykar

Arcane
Does anyone remember for dual classing whether you get proficiency points during your second class progression at all?
Like for, say, putting points into Grandmastery after dualing to a non-Fighter? Depends on the engine. BG2/EE engine, yes (even though it's against AD&D rules). BG1 engine, no, you can only put additional points into what the second class is normally allowed.

Ah sorry. I mean how many points you accrue in total. Say Fighter 7/Mage 8 for example. Do I get the proficiencies of both respective classes or just fighter?
Also how do Saving throws progress? Do they stand still during leveling the second class or is there any improvement?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Ah sorry. I mean how many points you accrue in total. Say Fighter 7/Mage 8 for example. Do I get the proficiencies of both respective classes or just fighter?
Also how do Saving throws progress? Do they stand still during leveling the second class or is there any improvement?
Proficiency points: you only get them from your current class, so a F->M would be stuck with the Mage's slow point gain. Saving throws: whichever is better after you finish dualing. Not sure about before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom