Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 + Summer Game Fest 2021 - June 10th to July 29th

Codex Year of the Donut
Any Duke Nukem news from Gearbox?

No. It was all Borderlands. You know Borderlands? We got a Borderlands game. And a Borderlands movie in the making. It's gonna be EPIC. What more you say? Well, we got this Borderlands game and movie.

AAA gaming is beyond dead. Only rehashes of rehashes and DLCs and expansions for already released games. This has to be the worst E3 I have ever seen.
The only thing I found rather curious about Gearbox was seeing a grown man wearing a Hello Kitty sweater while talking about a game which its narrator is a deranged white teenager trying hard doing a ghetto lingo and a gay pride unicorn appears flying shooting rainbow rays on a dragon, ironically, this description fits perfectly the state of mind of the people that organized and made games for the E3 Summer Fest.
stop spreading lies about this caricature created by the man named 4chan

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Randy Pitchford's insistence on being the public face of Gearbox despite being very aware of how loathed he is and how people think of him will never not be astounding.

Hellraiser

Arcane
That leaked trailer shows absolutely nothing except the release date. I was at least hoping to see the Reptilian aliens. I want to be a Reptilian, damn it!

EDIT: Oh, Todd is on first at MS's stream? Thought it would take longer for him to show up.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Wow, Obsidian is so self aware with their trailer of the Outer Worlds 2 that they don't actually have any gameplay to show. Let alone make us feel that this may actually fix where they went wrong with Outer Worlds 1 and actually show us an interesting world.
Self referencing jokes on how you don't have anything to actually show don't make you sound clever. More than you should have waited until your project was more than an advertisement for the title.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Xj4aCH9.png

-----------------------------

Also, Outer Worlds 2 seems like one of those sequels nobody asked for.
I was very pleased with the first game... for about 5 hours. At that point you have all the weapons, all the companions, all the armor and abilities and everything. There are no new gameplay mechanics to unlock or further interactions to discover, and you just have to keep playing for le quirky xD dialogues and to see the bad, unfihisned feeling plot. This is the kind of game that absolutely doesn't need a sequel, because I bet most people had enough even before finishing the first game.

Maxie

I cringed so hard I think one of my teeth cracked

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom