Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds 2

The IGN video has over 88 thousand views, about 89, and when I clicked on it it had 87.

Alphons

Cipher
Is it too early for "Outer Worlds is actually a great RPG, especially if we compare it to a sequel" thread?

Shrimp

Arbiter
I cannot believe they're doubling down on this shit. Do they actually think that their generic trailer will endear people to their generic game just because they're pointing out how generic everything is?
The target audience loves it
iFbvvKf.png

Codex Year of the Donut
"we did the thing we're critiquing but it's funny because we're critiquing it!"
I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and show oldsidian what nusidian is doing

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Imagine meeting someone like that. Some autist who thought this trailer had any sense of humor. Is this the Californian sense of humor or what? Because I have met many Americans and they had great sense of humor, so it cannot be an American thing.

Codex Year of the Donut
Imagine meeting someone like that. Some autist who thought this trailer had any sense of humor. Is this the Californian sense of humor or what? Because I have met many Americans and they had great sense of humor, so it cannot be an American thing.
californian brain parasite

Jackpot

Learned
I liked the trailer.
It's not some big-brained deconstruction of E3, they're basically just saying what everyone already knows, but I thought the blunt honesty of it was funny.
A shame the writing in the first game itself is so extremely safe and generic.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's not some big-brained deconstruction of E3, they're basically just saying what everyone already knows, but I thought the blunt honesty of it was funny.
"we did the thing that people dislike but because we made fun of it it's ok"
nah fuck that

Compare that to Swen 'massive balls' Vincke who releases his AAA games as early access for everyone to see all the flaws and experience actual early gameplay themselves. That is shitting on video game trailer behavior, not stupid jokes while doing the same exact thing.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still don't get why people are shocked when they elected to do DLC well after the game launched. It's not like they announced it at launch and had to commit to it, they actively planned DLC based on the game's reception.

Jackpot

Learned
"we did the thing that people dislike but because we made fun of it it's ok"
nah fuck that

Compare that to Swen 'massive balls' Vincke who releases his AAA games as early access for everyone to see all the flaws and experience actual early gameplay themselves. That is shitting on video game trailer behavior, not stupid jokes while doing the same exact thing.

I mean, Obsidian is Microsoft's bitch now.
Like most games at E3, they were probably required to have a trailer despite no real aspect of the game being ready to be shown.
Some marketer somewhere decided that the game needed a trailer at E3 to "renew brand awareness" or some shit.

Obviously its better to only show the game when there is something of value to show, but if you're contractually obligated to make a trailer, I don't think poking fun at the circumstances is bad.

Reader

Scholar
I actually think that the teaser is kinda bold but i don't think it will help them to change the game's reputation.

I mean ok i understand you've placed your lesbians everywhere and killed the writing. But you also made character's and gear's progression incredibly boring.
Were lesbians responsible for the gameplay too? What Boyarsky and Cain actually did except the concept?
Your shills and simply retarded people who posted "it's New Vegas in space" shit helped you first time because we wanted to believe in it despite all the signs.
It won't work second time.

Codex Year of the Donut
obshitian will do it again with AVOWED and it turns out to be nothing like TES games and people realize they got bamboozled again by obshitian and AVOWED 2 will sell negative copies

Shrimp

Arbiter
obshitian will do it again with AVOWED and it turns out to be nothing like TES games and people realize they got bamboozled again by obshitian and AVOWED 2 will sell negative copies
Outer Worlds sold over 2.5 million copies. Never underestimate brand loyalty or Obshitian zealots, they are the kind of people who would purchase a literal dog shit if it had Obsidian's logo on it.
"b-but they made a good game 15 years ago!" is their go-to argument for why you should buy their latest game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Interesting that Obsidian seems to adopt the practice of announcing games really early. First Avowed, not this. It's not even clear which game is coming first (although right now I'd guess TOW2).

Why? Isn't most of the studio assigned to Awoved and they're just starting TOW2?

TOW 2 gets to benefit from all the work they've already done for TOW. On top of that, Avowed is allegedly in or climbing out of a Parker production hell.

Reader

Scholar
Obshitian zealots
There is no such group. At least in meaningful massive term.
People believed in names. Plus Steam popamole ofc.
PoE had Avellone and Sawyer names on it and kickstarter was real.
Outer Worlds had Boyarsky/Cain.
Avowed...Avowed has puny 5.8k members on reddit, that's your zealots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom