Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BABYLON'S FALL [PC, PS4]

hexer

Some of the combo moves are straight from Nier and I like the environment and those rolling beetles.
Should be fun on hard difficulty, we'll see!

Cat Dude

Savant
What I hate about Platinum games is there are a lot of special effects for every action. Be it kicking, punching, slashing or stabbing.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.platinumgames.com/news-january-7-2020/

Announcement regarding partnership with Tencent

We would like to announce we have received a capital investment from Tencent Holdings Limited as a basis for partnership. This partnership has no effect on the independence of our company, and we will continue operations under our current corporate structure.

We hope to use this capital to strengthen our foundation as a business and expand from game development into exploring self-publishing. We also hope that this partnership can give us a wider global perspective, while still creating high quality games that stay true to our name.

Thank you as always for your continued support. Please look forward to what we have in store.

January 7, 2020
President and CEO
Kenichi Sato

Cat Dude

Savant
https://www.platinumgames.com/news-january-7-2020/

Announcement regarding partnership with Tencent

We would like to announce we have received a capital investment from Tencent Holdings Limited as a basis for partnership. This partnership has no effect on the independence of our company, and we will continue operations under our current corporate structure.

We hope to use this capital to strengthen our foundation as a business and expand from game development into exploring self-publishing. We also hope that this partnership can give us a wider global perspective, while still creating high quality games that stay true to our name.

Thank you as always for your continued support. Please look forward to what we have in store.

January 7, 2020
President and CEO
Kenichi Sato

Chinese propaganda coming soon

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Store page for the main game.

It's $10 cheaper than FF7 remake! Just pay $40 more for capes and accessory!

N0rn

Novice

Posted 6 hours ago, got 27 likes, and the gameplay shown looks like shit as well. Really pathetic. Is Platinum going to survive this? I can't see this sell more than a few thousand copies max, especially since it's releasing right next to Elden Ring.

ADL

Prophet
This looks uncharacteristically mediocre for Platinum and what troubles me is the guy in the comments saying the combat feels weightless and unsatisfying. If this were Bayonetta Diablo I'd be all over it but it's not.

Suicidal

Arcane
I remember I saw the trailer for it during some E3 many years ago and thought "hey, Platinum makes cool action games, maybe this will be a cool action game" but this looks terrible. What happened?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The game looks like shit and also had the abysmal luck of launching right around the time of the biggest RPG of the year.
ELEX 2, obviously
What the fuck happened to Platinum? They went from putting out bangers year after year to being extremely hit or miss. At least before, their bad games were mostly those smaller tie-in things like the Avatar (?) game and Ninja Turtles.

Also fuck live service games forever.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Square Enix is seeking fan feedback on how to improve Babylon’s Fall

It's a survey mainly about the graphics.
Thank you for playing BABYLON’S FALL.
We are running this survey to bring everyone an even better game experience and would appreciate it if you could answer regarding the graphics in particular.

Are the graphics really what broke the camel's back here or is it a scapegoat for underlying issues that resulted in horrendous sales figures?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Square Enix is seeking fan feedback on how to improve Babylon’s Fall

It's a survey mainly about the graphics.
Thank you for playing BABYLON’S FALL.
We are running this survey to bring everyone an even better game experience and would appreciate it if you could answer regarding the graphics in particular.

Are the graphics really what broke the camel's back here or is it a scapegoat for underlying issues that resulted in horrendous sales figures?
The game is shit, unfortunately, and unsurprisingly.

ADL

Prophet
guDUBvS.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom