Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

DeepOcean

Arcane
The amount of retards posting with the implication that they somehow expected an expensive, UE4 game releasing in 2022 to be a PC exclusive and will now not buy it because it is also on consoles is staggering.
Well, but releasing on the consoles isnt the only issue, the issue is exactly what you said, this is a multimillion project and we arent on 2004. Releasing on the consoles on 2021 means the pressure for accessibility to appease the console mainstream crowd on this must be huge and we might get a Metro Exodus with a huge but empty open world and lots of little question marks on a map to chase with fast travel. Basically, Stalker Creed, so, until they release more information, being skeptical is being smart about this.

Gargaune

Magister
Fuck it, I'm tentatively interested, but I'd rather have a GOG release. Need to see some proper open world gameplay, too, this had better not be STALKER: Heart of Metro 2033. It's no rush, maybe I'll finally play CoP by spring next year, but either way, this is the first potentially worthwhile thing I've heard come out of this E3 crap so far.

P.S. If they tack on some decorative skill trees, can we move this thread into General RPG? I'd certainly rather read about this than Horizon Zero Interest or Asswipe's Creed etc.

deuxhero

Arcane
64-km²? That's three times Vvardenfell, so expect empty/proc-gen space aplenty.

30+ firearms? I wonder if that's counting unique variants. Just under 40 different guns were usable in the first three games combined.

150 GB of space? WTF?!

prengle

Savant
sergey is a greedy coke-snorting cunt who wants more lamborghini money? wtf who could have possibly predicted this

also lol it's not releasing in april

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
allegedly comes out in a year but:
can't tell you what version of unreal engine they are going to use
don't have any gameplay to show (the trailer was pre-rendered and scripted)
can't tell you the system requirements yet
please preorder though
that'll be 60 dollars plus tip
oh? you want the full game?
that will be 110 dollars plus tip

:decline:

Latelistener

Arcane
As far as I can tell it could be SoC all over again. It promised so much, but delivered so little. The only reason why it's got a cult following is because the setting was good. And it only came out because THQ became involved and downsized the project.

CoP was able to partially deliver those promises, but it was a bit too late at that point. I mean, the original game didn't even have emissions.

You'll have to be insane to pre-order this for $60 after one scripted gameplay that didn't really show anything specific.

Curratum

The amount of retards posting with the implication that they somehow expected an expensive, UE4 game releasing in 2022 to be a PC exclusive and will now not buy it because it is also on consoles is staggering.
Well, but releasing on the consoles isnt the only issue, the issue is exactly what you said, this is a multimillion project and we arent on 2004. Releasing on the consoles on 2021 means the pressure for accessibility to appease the console mainstream crowd on this must be huge and we might get a Metro Exodus with a huge but empty open world and lots of little question marks on a map to chase with fast travel. Basically, Stalker Creed, so, until they release more information, being skeptical is being smart about this.

I'm not saying "don't be skeptical" or "preorder it now", I'm just saying it's illogical to be angry about a game being consolised when it's current year and it's selling on consoles.

Curratum

Trailer looks good.

Too good.

I'm waiting for the rug pull.

I don't even think the trailer looks too good. The system requirements are pretty chunky so I expect that sort of hardware to be able to produce those visuals, without any dumbing down on the visual side.

Of course, we still need to see more of the mechanics, interactions and interface, but I don't really expect much of a visual downgrade.

Saddens me that they seem to have hired proper, professional voice actors and the stalkers' voice lines are delivered a bit too smoothly and with a bit too much of a rehearsed movie actor voice, instead of the rough down-and-out genuine voices of the original games, but what can you do...

Drakortha

Liturgist
300px-Stalkersocizlom2.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Video was okay from a film perspective, but shown kinda debug-mode-on cringe gameplay (enemy standung 2 meters from you can't hit you but looks like professional soldier), but it clearly is so early it's definitely not coming out within 2 years. Overall, I'd rate it nothing/10, says literally null about the game (except it's gonna have nice graphics I guess).

thesecret1

Arcane
Map could be good despite its massive size if they utilize factions right. I mean CoP was pretty fun even outside of the "points of interests" because you could always run into some wild mutants, or meet a bandit squad while travelling around, and if they combined it with a more intelligent faction AI that actually tries to fight skirmishes against its enemies and take over locations, you could always find yourself in interesting situations. The only problem I see is whether they'll be able to fill the map enough with interesting stuff – not necessarily anything quest or anomaly related, just a random old house there, a burned out car there, so that it doesn't end up being "Hey, we have a 64km² map, 50km² of that is a procedurally generated forest"

Onionguy

Educated
Map could be good despite its massive size if they utilize factions right. I mean CoP was pretty fun even outside of the "points of interests" because you could always run into some wild mutants, or meet a bandit squad while travelling around, and if they combined it with a more intelligent faction AI that actually tries to fight skirmishes against its enemies and take over locations, you could always find yourself in interesting situations. The only problem I see is whether they'll be able to fill the map enough with interesting stuff – not necessarily anything quest or anomaly related, just a random old house there, a burned out car there, so that it doesn't end up being "Hey, we have a 64km² map, 50km² of that is a procedurally generated forest"

Stalker is probably the only series in existence, where i don't really mind traversing wider stretches of empty wilderness. It just feels so good to immerse yourself in those eastern environments, with nothing but their ambience and some occasional ruins here and there. On the other hand, 64km² sounds like a total overkill even with that idea in mind. That's where A-life 2 should really come into play and shine, by making everything far less predictable. It's not only about factions, but also about randomizing anomalies and artifact placement, making more frequent mutants migrations and population growths, and just tuning every encounter with strangers to feel tense as hell. Well adjusted A-life should force us into some sort of guessing game- does this gopnik, making his way down there in the scrapyard, really belongs to freedom or maybe he's some hostile loner/ bandit. should I approach him right away and ask to drink Cossacs with me or shoot him from afar/ leave him be, waiting patiently till he steps on that anomaly. Without this kind of events/choices, it's gonna be just another typical open world shooter.

thesecret1

Arcane
Stalker is probably the only series in existence, where i don't really mind traversing wider stretches of empty wilderness. It just feels so good to immerse yourself in those eastern environments, with nothing but their ambience and some occasional ruins here and there. On the other hand, 64km² sounds like a total overkill even with that idea in mind. That's where A-life 2 should really come into play and shine, by making everything far less predictable. It's not only about factions, but also about randomizing anomalies and artifact placement, making more frequent mutants migrations and population growths, and just tuning every encounter with strangers to feel tense as hell. Well adjusted A-life should force us into some sort of guessing game- does this gopnik, making his way down there in the scrapyard, really belongs to freedom or maybe he's some hostile loner/ bandit. should I approach him right away and ask to drink Cossacs with me or shoot him from afar/ leave him be, waiting patiently till he steps on that anomaly. Without this kind of events/choices, it's gonna be just another typical open world shooter.
Yeah, that's what I meant – with that sort of thing, it doesn't matter if the map is a bit empty (though the occassional ruin or point of interest are still very much needed) since the AI should create conflicts and stories and what not naturally. Especially if we end up having some good mods again. The map so big though that I fear they may not be able to really fill it enough despite all this. 64 is really an overkill, they should go for half that, and even then it'd be a tall order.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Please be good... Please, Jesus, make it good... I will be a good boy.

Bro..

Considering that their trailer was basically a pre-rendered demo.. and they are attempting to make a world this big with this much creep scope.. that they've been developing forrr.. what.. 4 years?
A small russian team known for Euro-Jank.. is going to now make a deep Metro style story on a shoe string budget rivalling the size and scope of many AAA games (combined) with integrated online, deep story, fully animated characters and for sure won't cut any corners on a map that large..

AKA:
64-km²? That's three times Vvardenfell, so expect empty/proc-gen space aplenty.
30+ firearms? I wonder if that's counting unique variants. Just under 40 different guns were usable in the first three games combined.

Lol :lol:

If anyone pre-orders this you deserve what you get - don't forget those multiplayer skins and those extra guitar songs..
Only if you pre-order the CYKA-BLYAT 129.99 edition though ; ))) Open your wallets comrades.

Ialda

Learned
Looks Metro-ified : more NPCs, more narration, less unforgivable military sim. No blowouts. The atmosphere seems a bit off.

But fuck it, it's STALKER, I will be there day 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom