Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drakortha

Liturgist
2022? What a big load of nothing.

Whatever happened to Bethesda's idea of announcing games closer to their release date?

Guess that whole idea went out the window once they got a few cash cow online service games under their belt that they can milk. Fucking trash developer.

I swear the whole reason Starfield even exists is to drag things out while funneling players into F76 and ESO. Same reason they keep name dropping Elder Scrolls 6, even though they likely haven't even started developing it. Bethesda's entire marketing strategy has no substance, it's dogshit.

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I never expected anything out of this, but I have to say, by the lord, this has to be the blandest art direction ever seen in a setting hundreds of years into the future with space exploration. There's real world hardware out there that looks more futuristic than this tripe. It's not even retrofuturism (future as imagined by people of the apollo era). It's just anachronistic retro in the most boredom inducing way.

2epxzjG.jpg

Wm2q781.jpg

X3EWIuE.jpg

Bethesda's alternate future is one in which humanity shouldn't even have been able to get past the moon.

Wunderbar

Arcane
The only gameplay-related thing that was shown in that trailer is diegetic HUD (you can see ammo counter on a gun). And maybe that robot/mech.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Official trailer:

Ladder.

Window.

Table.

Gun.

Box.

Bulletin board.

Starship.

Robot.

Outpost.

Space helmet.

SPACE!

WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR: A space butthole sucked in a satellite. There's something mysterious out there, and that something will definitely not be space orcs.

Yes, this game will have it all. It will be a space game with space objects and space characters in it, the foolproof Bethesda "check enough things off the list and it's a world and an RPG" method.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Listen here.
Humankind has found alien tech which lets you go interstellar. This tech was left by aliens which you soon meet upon arrival. What you didn't know is you're the key in fighting upcoming galactic war. Yes, aliens do exist. But not all things go easy.
Write this down.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
How are they gonna make a good space game on the first attempt, when they can't even make a good RPG after 5 goes at it?!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Jeez the finger painting art style must be a wet dream for VR?! I bet it will look good on screens too, and Skyrim in space could be great.. I am not sure they respect the idea of gameplay though. I bet this will be 90% NPC yapping and travel, and 10% janky pew pew popamole combat like a glorified Outer Worlds. They may surprise me?

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
It would be cool if the game's main quest revolved around first contact, even cooler if aliens didn't even exist in the game. I'm so sick of generic fantasy sci-fi, where everyone's uncle is an exotic yet still humanoid, still human-sized, and even still sexually-attractive-to-humans alien.

Giskard

Augur
It would be cool if the game's main quest revolved around first contact, even cooler if aliens didn't even exist in the game. I'm so sick of generic fantasy sci-fi, where everyone's uncle is an exotic yet still humanoid, still human-sized, and even still sexually-attractive-to-humans alien.

But where would that leave the players that only want Loverslab Mods???

Alphons

Cipher
Some quests were leaked, interesting that they're trying something new.
Space Preston Gravey: Aye, Captain! Another outpost needs your help! I'll mark it on your map.

Objective added: Wipe out Space Raiders/ Space Ghouls/ Space Supermutants at [Location name].

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Intro script was leaked too;
Hey you, you're finally out of stasis. You were trying to cross the warp gate, right? Walked right into that alien ambush, same as us, and that space pirate over there. Damn you Spacecloaks. Altair was fine until you came along. Aliens were nice and lazy. If they hadn't been looking for you, I could've stolen that shuttle and be halfway to Alpha Centauri. You there. You and me - we shouldn't be here. It's these Spacecloaks the aliens want. We're all brothers and sisters in suppression fields now, space pirate. Shut up back there! And what's wrong with him, huh? Watch your tongue. You're speaking to Niel Spacecloak, the true Galactic Emperor. Niel? The President of Earth? You're the leader of the rebellion. But if they've captured you... Oh science, where are they taking us? I don't know where we're going, but the void awaits. No, this can't be happening. This isn't happening. Hey, what planet are you from, space pirate? Why do you care? A human's last thoughts should be of home. Mars. I'm... I'm from Mars.

Why are we coming out of warp? Why do you think? End of the line. Let's go. Shouldn't keep science waiting for us.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom