Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CRPGAddict

Narushima

Cipher
After he's been unable to reliably run an emulated game:
If someone gets it working for their own purposes or already has it working without these problems, then feel free to send me your configuration and version, and maybe I'll try again. (I do not want anyone to try to get the game working specifically for me, and I'll go so far as to refuse to play it or even acknowledge your message if it's clear that's what you've done.)

Who the fuck thinks like that?

Source: http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2021/04/brief-missing-ring-1982.html

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
True. He is clearly the most prestigious CRPG player in all of human history; who else should one get this working for, if not for him? For the unwashed masses? Surely not.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If someone gets it working for their own purposes or already has it working without these problems, then feel free to send me your configuration and version, and maybe I'll try again. (I do not want anyone to try to get the game working specifically for me, and I'll go so far as to refuse to play it or even acknowledge your message if it's clear that's what you've done.)

[Ed. The parenthetical in the above paragraph was a bad idea. Certain readers and I have a long, I hope friendly history in which they take any obstacle I face as a personal challenge and "help" me even when I've suggested based on the quality of the game that I don't realy want any help. In the end, they always come through anyway, as they did here, and I always play the game, as I did below. And in the end, I always appreciate their efforts in holding me true to the mission I have laid out, even if I act grouchy about it. I was making a commentary on this dynamic, but it comes across as harsh and ungrateful if you don't know the rest of the context. Perhaps it comes across as harsh as ungrateful even if you do. I apologize either way. I realize this is a dangerous thing to be joking around with if I honestly want readers to come forward and help, so I won't be doing it anymore.]

So it was just another classic Bolingbroke moment.

Narushima

Cipher
http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2021/05/revisiting-seven-spirits-of-ra-1987.html

As an atheist, I never understand how religious people are so accepting of being in a state of constant surveillance.

mlady-fedora.gif

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
As an atheist, I never understand

Found your problem. Hard to stand under anything when your head is lost in the clouds (or you've been convinced that you're above it all).

He gets the whole business exactly backwards. See:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Heb 11:1

I.e. the opposite of surveillance. Not seen. The word translated "substance" here is hypostates, which is literally under (hypo-, as in hypodermic = under the skin) standing (-states).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
He managed to finish Darkside of Xeen and goes all autistic about world-building

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I still need to play Disciples of Steel
Please do. Disciples of Steel is a real hidden gem. Great combat, interesting character system, simple, but compelling story and quests.
Now I wonder why our dear CRPG Addict mentions that game in his top list. After all, one of the local rulers has the animated pair of tits clad in a latex. :M
EDIT: Found her
Eo5CV.jpg

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Pity its buggy in areas. I was pissed off i would destroy encounters only later to get a quest for said encounter. Well, i didn't get compensated for already ridding the problem. Yeah, that sucked and I didn't collect as many allies for the final fight (which was pretty cool).

There are spelling mistakes as well and errors. I can't recall if i applied a patch or not. I had floppy disk version.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
He managed to finish Darkside of Xeen and goes all autistic about world-building
I really cannot stand this guy. I said it before and I'll say it again he sucks the fun out of everything and I think he does it on purpose.
If you're the developer of this game, how do you not make Picard demand a Tribble instead?
This is unforgivable. If he played the damn game then he knows the tribble joke already got used and why the hell would Picard want that instead of Earl Grey tea?
I'd love some geometry major to tell me what shape we have at this point. If the lines were straight, we'd simply have a couple of pyramids with rectangular bases (I don't believe "pyramid" presumes the base is square), joined at the bases. But instead, the graphic shows the lines arcing to each corner, forming something like a Reuleaux polyhedron but with a flat base.
Plays CRPGs for a living, but his suspension of disbelief falls apart the minute things get technical.
Either this is just to screw with players, or the game really has no handle on its own economy.
2 million experience points, as if experience isn't utterly worthless by this point in the game.
He's played how many M&M games and he still doesn't get that this is the norm?
:negative:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

seems he added an edit...

[Ed. The parenthetical in the above paragraph was a bad idea. Certain readers and I have a long, I hope friendly history in which they take any obstacle I face as a personal challenge and "help" me even when I've suggested based on the quality of the game that I don't really want any help. In the end, they always come through anyway, as they did here, and I always play the game, as I did below. And in the end, I always appreciate their efforts in holding me true to the mission I have laid out, even if I act grouchy about it. I was making a commentary on this dynamic, but it comes across as harsh and ungrateful if you don't know the rest of the context. Perhaps it comes across as harsh as ungrateful even if you do. I apologize either way. I realize this is a dangerous thing to be joking around with if I honestly want readers to come forward and help, so I won't be doing it anymore.]

I was reading some of the commentary as well. A little spicy but easily glossed over. Tbh, that is the first bit of his blog I have read in a long time. I only read his blog when specific google searching a game pops up.

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, it's weird how he takes silly games so seriously, but has no problems with more serious literature that IMO fails the suspension of disbelief test, like Malazan.
The important thing in a game is the game mechanics IMO, not lore and story; that's just a bonus if done well, and easy to ignore if done bad.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Pity its buggy in areas. I was pissed off i would destroy encounters only later to get a quest for said encounter. Well, i didn't get compensated for already ridding the problem. Yeah, that sucked and I didn't collect as many allies for the final fight (which was pretty cool).

There are spelling mistakes as well and errors. I can't recall if i applied a patch or not. I had floppy disk version.

I played a patched abanonware version. The only bug I can remember was the walls missing in parts of the final dungeon, but I was prepared for that.
Really great game, and a true hidden gem. I'm glad the CRPG Addict rated it so high and made me retry it after I got a bad first impression of it.

Ladonna

Arcane
He says some silly things (he has improved big time from how he used to be), but he has decent taste in CRPG's so far, and he is the only game in town if you want to see someone play every released PC RPG.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
With a mix of wealthy and crazy many things are possible - if he was a girl maybe even 10k. But I don't think it's 1000 bucks, more like 100-200 but I'm not deep into the blogreviewer type of content.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
With a mix of wealthy and crazy many things are possible - if he was a girl maybe even 10k. But I don't think it's 1000 bucks, more like 100-200 but I'm not deep into the blogreviewer type of content.

I think I get an idea

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
yeah, forgot that one! Oh, 257 patrons, that's quite a lot!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom