Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Caim

Arcane
I don't recognize the Mystique-ripoff in the last image.
She's probably from that Hedon doom wad. The girl next to her is probably from Ion Maiden.
Yep, that's the demon/orc crossbreed Zan from Hedon, a Heretic/Hexen-inspired Doom mod turned standalone game (and paid, which cause a bit of a ruckus). And the one next to her is Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison from the Duke 3D successor Ion Fury (and also the two-stick shooter Bombshell, but we don't talk about that one because it's shit).

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Kz9y0n.png

lightbane

Arcane
Today I discovered a blog which some of you may or may not know, about abandonware/forgotten games not sold in GOG and offering prepackaged installers for convenience.
It also has games for the C64.

https://www.zombs-lair.com/about

Zomb's Lair is the passion project of a long-time PC gamer dedicated to bringing old classics to a modern audience, while eliminating all of the hurdles that that normally entails.

What you'll find here are installation packages that allow the relevant games to be installed and played on modern versions of Windows, with easy to use desktop and/or start menu shortcuts and an uninstall option for quick removal. All of the setup has been done for you beforehand, whether in DOSBox for DOS/Windows 3.1 games or via various video wrappers, engine replacers, patches, etc. for native Windows games. Some other platforms are included as well, like Amiga and Commodore 64. In all cases, all you have to do is install and you're set! I also create custom artwork for them to make them extra snazzy.

Packages will not be made for games that are available on services like Steam or GOG - those options are already available and at your disposal. This project is about reviving hidden gems that aren't available by any modern, legitimate means, in an effort both to introduce others to games that should not go forgotten and in hopes of preserving them for the future.

Please note that no games are hosted on this website - they're hosted on Archive.org. That said, if the copyright holder of a particular game wishes it to be removed, send an email to zombs.lair@gmail.com and I will request that they be removed from Archive.org.

Each game has links both to the relevant Archive.org page as well as direct links to the corresponding file on Archive.org for download.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom