Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Project Warlock II - now available on Early Access

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-warlock-2/project-warlock-2

https://af.gog.com/game/project_warlock_2?as=1649904300

ss_d115cad9f48b36fd4c73a26c10e6342c28f74d20.1920x1080.jpg

They say "Project Warlock II is looking at Quake and Unreal where Project Warlock’s eye was on Blood and Hexen."

Coming to Kickstarter on June 29, and Early Access on July 29.

Palmer - a dedicated disciple of Warlock wakes up in his castle's bedroom. His master nowhere to be found, castle overrun by demons, and only his trusted arsenal as means to stop them and make sense of it all - the young warlock must now collect himself, his guns, recharge the staff and make his way to a nearby stronghold spewing hordes of the hideous monsters.

belka_12.jpg

Project Warlock II picks up right after the events of the first game, shifting the perspective to that of three disciples of the first game's Warlock. Each perfecting their own discipline, with his or hers reasons to confront the old master. Utilising everything their mentor taught them, and harnessing the powers of combat magic, pyromancy and dark arts - Palmer, Urd and Kirsten must now put their hard earned skills to the test.

Get ready for three explosive episodes - each revolving around a different Warlock with their own skills, perks and arsenal, and featuring a distinct setting, menagerie of deadly monsters, requisite boss hulking in the darkness and more secrets, weapon upgrades, pickups and jumping, strafing, and spraying trigger happy action that you can shake a lightning staff at.

belka_10.jpg

doubleharveys.gif

- Each of the Warlocks carries a different arsenal based around their personas and playstyles
- Tools of destruction can be upgraded through special stations resulting in 20+ weapons for each Warlock
- Shotguns, machine guns, sniper rifles, grenade launchers, quad barrelled harvesters, swords, staffs, cannons - and that's just Palmer's toys

belka_04.jpg

freeezerer.gif

- In Project Warlock magic is only supplementing weapons, or - as some put it - totally useless
- In Project Warlock II each of the Warlocks has his or hers three cooldown-able skills to use and support gun- or magic-play

belka_09.jpg

floorbump.gif

- Project Warlock's monsters defining trait was their relentlessness. That same applies to describe their strategy, Tactics. And - probably - problem solving approach. As the saying goes - when you're a hammer everything looks like a Warlock trying to pump you full of hot magical lead
- Project Warlock II's monsters jump, run, hold back when needed, hop, whirl and use each of the different attacks on their disposal to make your life as miserable as only a pigdemon with welded-shut cestuses and spiked back can

belka_13.jpg

headwrap.gif

- Each world consists of six huge, sprawling levels - size of each roughly 5-10 times bigger than any individual level of Project Warlock
- Expect to spend up to one hour on each of the PWII's levels, or more to find all the secrets, easter eggs, perks and achievements
- Experience multi-floored structures, platforms and buildings that literally elevate the gameplay from that of the original Project Warlock

belka_07.jpg

saver.gif

- Let's keep this one short. Project Warlock has no saving whatsoever.
- Project Warlock II has all the saving. Quicksave (F6), Manual Save (choose your slot) and Autosave. There is literally no other save that we could push in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

The first game was ok, even if it was very easy, and I'm not a sweaty tryhard even with retro shooters.

I never play max difficulty in those games, but I cleared this on max diff, dying just twice, to a boss that I did not initially understand the mechanics of, that's it.

Hopefully the added verticality will make this more enjoyable, and the player won't be so ridiculously OP after 4 or 5 levels with all the upgrades.

Draconis

Liturgist
First game was ok, definitely in the bottom tier when it comes to retro shooters but still worth playing if you like them imo. This looks to be an improvement in every way so far, cautiously optimistic.

Those enemy sprites look terrible compared to Warlock 1, god damn that's a downgrade. I guess making 2d sprites out of 3d models is less work but it sure as shit looks worse. Game might be alright though, liked Warlock 1 enough to finish it and the dude did a decent job making the levels feel distinct despite the limitations, so maybe the sequel will be even better in that regard. I do dislike the mega-level route rather than Warlock's bite-sized levels in small episodes though.

Not terribly excited but I'll keep an eye on it at least.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
I appreciated the amount of what seemed like personal investment in the first game from the dev, honestly overall impressive for a dev's first outing and likely a learning experience for him as well. Not sure what to make of this but I do hope he has some interesting tricks waiting for us.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1640300/view/2898619694830354679

NEW demo out now!
Combo counter, upgrade station, and more visual settings! The new demo version is ready for you to play!

Hello, adepts of the dark arts!

Project Warlock II will be featured on Steam Next Fest alongside hundreds of other exciting games. The event starts on October 1st, so save the date!

Ahead of the Festival we are happy to announce that we are releasing a brand new, revamped version of the demo today.

Some of the notable features in the new demo include:

A Combo Counter that illustrates how well you're doing

116f1983d18d9586093042af50b4815cece62868.png

An Upgrade Station that will allow you to upgrade your weapons in the demo

12800624890904cfc72484a16fa61380376ceaf9.png

A brightness slider for extra visibility

d853568774db5cbd6e54c6e3fe357fa738e40077.png

A saturation slider that also changes the way the game looks

1e6112ae4a1b3b593b6a318157b0dae541350816.png

We can’t wait until you try the new version of our demo and give us more feedback!

See you in the next update!

Please remember to follow Project Warlock II here on Steam, wishlist the game and tell your friends.

And - don't forget to share your feedback on the Steam forums!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
- In Project Warlock magic is only supplementing weapons, or - as some put it - totally useless
- In Project Warlock II each of the Warlocks has his or hers three cooldown-able skills to use

Does this mean there are only 3 spells?? (per character)

Irata

Scholar
I had some fun with the first one, but I never felt the need to use any magic besides the lightning ball that attacked multiple enemies so the wizard aspect of the game was wasted on me. It also felt like the later levels were designed in a hurry. If there was a demo of the sequel on Steam it looks like it is gone now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom