Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drakortha

Liturgist
You have got to be a fucking retard to buy games from Bethesda. I will never forgive these fuckers for what they did to Fallout.

The retards on this forum will buy it day one because that's what the fanboys always do. They truly believe that Bethesda is the Golden Goose and that Todd Howard is Jesus Christ. It's not even a joke or a meme at this point. Those retards actually believe that! There is no hope for them.

ironmask

Arbiter
If you don't believe me then that's fine but your either a fanboy or you believed the fake marketing. There is nothing to suggest that Starfield will be a huge success. Infact quite the contrary. Under 100k on their latest upload is a pittance. That's less views than the average Youtuber. If you think that's enough public interest for a big budget title then I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe you're an idiot.
The official teaser on their Official youtube channel has 2 million views though and it's still going up. And the same teaser that's on the other channels have mostly 500,000 views at the moment. I don't even like Bethesda, I'm just being realistic. StarField being mediocre won't affect sales because most Bethdrones and modern gaymers love mediocrity.

"Starfield: In the year 2525, humanity has emerged from the Milky Way Galaxy and spread its wings across the universe, utilizing wormhole tunnels and quantum entanglement to travel across vast distances far faster than light. You play the role of a mysterious prisoner who finds himself being captured along with the leader of the galactic rebellious faction Nordax, and taken to be executed by the vast interstellar empire led by Cyborg-in-Chief Septim. But before the executioner can strike with their plasma-axe, an ancient space dragon, Toddricus the Vile, appears from the vastness of space, and allows you to escape in the ensuing chaos. Free at last, in front of you lies the galaxy of Milky Tamriel, ripe for exploration and interaction! How will you tackle your epic quest across the vastness of space, which might reveal your mysterious past and your secret identity as a space dragon?

We have long known that our fans enjoy being able to partake in ALL of our games content without any exclusion, so in a first for Bethesda's games, in Starfield™ you will actually be able to join BOTH of the game's main factions at the same time, without impacting the epic storyline in the least degree! Become BOTH the Cyber-Berserker of the Nordax AND the Robo-mini-septim of the Imperials at the same time, and reconcile the inherent differences of your dual identities via the Combo-Talent upgrades purchased separately in the Microsoft store, while the game's story morphs around your decisions into one giant ball of Awesome!"

Durian Eater

Learned
Did they hire someone--anyone--who can write, or will it be their typical shitpile for people who think walking around outside is compelling game content?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Fallout 4 Far Harbor shows that Bethesda have talanted designers who can come up with good stories, it's just the writing leadership sucks.
Emil Pagluarulo was a lead designer and lead writer on Skyrim and Fo4, but a couple of years ago he was moved to a Design director position.

Wunderbar

Arcane
ERYFKRAD if you mean the vault whodunit sidequest, then i didn't play it. I was talking about the main story of the DLC.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
It would be cool if the game's main quest revolved around first contact, even cooler if aliens didn't even exist in the game. I'm so sick of generic fantasy sci-fi, where everyone's uncle is an exotic yet still humanoid, still human-sized, and even still sexually-attractive-to-humans alien.
This. The problem however is that now people play RPGs only to romance elvesaliens. Better if furry aliens with cat ears.

Drakortha

Liturgist
The only good thing is the NASA-punk aesthetics. At least it is something different from the standard science fantasy tropes.

What the fuck is NASA-punk? They're just making this shit up now! I never heard this term before in my life, but now suddenly I'm seeing it mentioned everywhere. I have a question for you Fanboys; why do you so eagerly eat up Bethesda's bullshit marketing and then spew it out every time you open your mouth? Does it make you feel like a connoisseur? It's pathetic to see.

I don't give a flying turd about this games "artistic style" and neither should you! STOP SHILLING!

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
The only good thing is the NASA-punk aesthetics. At least it is something different from the standard science fantasy tropes.
What the fuck is NASA-punk? They're just making this shit up now! I never heard this term before in my life, but now suddenly I'm seeing it mentioned everywhere. I have a question for you Fanboys; why do you so eagerly eat up Bethesda's bullshit marketing and then spew it out every time you open your mouth? Does it make you feel like a connoisseur? It's pathetic to see.

I don't give a flying turd about this games "artistic style" and neither should you! STOP SHILLING!
People are dumb and think that "aesthetic that is a core element of the setting" equates to punk. This is of course wrong: a Whateverpunk setting is rebelling against the status quo that uses the technology de jure to maintain their hegemony at the cost of the common man. Cyberpunk does this right, but steampunk does this wrong because it almost always focuses on the fantastical adventures of the haves rather than the struggles of the have-nots (this type of steampunk is sometimes called cogfop, because it's about a bunch of rich people oblivious to the struggles of the common man glueing brass cogs to everything and calling it steampunk). Or solarpunk, which is portrayed as the green and inclusive utopia of the future but is actually told from the group that's in charge of a society of ecofascists.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Whatever NASA-punk is, the hope is that is something more grounded in hard science fiction and far away from boring science fantasy with elves in space. The hope is very slim though.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Whatever NASA-punk is, the hope is that is something more grounded in hard science fiction and far away from boring science fantasy with elves in space. The hope is very slim though.

Why hope for anything at all? This is modern day Bethesda we're talking about here. Did you play Fallout 76? You should. It will open your eyes.

Gargaune

Magister
why do you so eagerly eat up Bethesda's bullshit
Because

giphy.webp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom