Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cleve Blakemore's Upcoming RPGs: Post-Atomic, Vaxxination, Cyclopean Chasms

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
BRUH

Not one, but 3 games from Cleve?

Is it Christmas?

Gastrick

Cipher
Good to see news on a high-quality developer like Cleve. If he still does all his programming on the train ride to and from work, then one of the games should be here by 2024.

Borian

Not to comment on the quality of the games, but "Cleve Blakemore" sounds like the Great Value version of Clive Barker.

Star Citizen

Learned
Oh fuck yeah! Post-Atomic sounds awesome.
It might very well be awesome, but the game with real potential is being neglected. Cyclopean Chasms should have had priority. A proper post-apocalyptic turn-based blobber might be novel but if anyone could do Lovecraft justice it would be Cleve. After finishing Post-Atomic he will no doubt continue to make blobbers using the same setup and engine as he outlined. This will almost certainly render Cyclopean Chasms vaporware. Sure, we might get Grimoire 2 that way, but at what cost?

In my opinion the only justice anyone could ever do to Lovecraft is to just read his shit. While some games/movies using Lovecraft's stories as a base were still entertaining, his work doesn't translate well at all into interactive/visual media and the reason it was so effective as horror in the first place was because everything was left to one's imagination - though this is really just a ramble and nothing to do with Cyclopean Chasms at all lawl. We don't know how much progress he's made in the development of any of these titles but I'd imagine they're all prolly very early prototypes and with Cyclopean Chasms seeming a bit more on the ambitious side of things, being a 3D dungeon crawler n all, it may require more than a single Neanderthal's effort to bring to life. Maybe once Cleve gets decent base going with his blobbers he could hire some contractors to help out with developing it.

Funkified Chicken

In my opinion the only justice anyone could ever do to Lovecraft is to just read his shit. While some games/movies using Lovecraft's stories as a base were still entertaining, his work doesn't translate well at all into interactive/visual media and the reason it was so effective as horror was because everything was left to one's imagination - though this is really just a ramble and nothing to do with Cyclopean Chasms at all lawl. We don't know how much progress he's made in the development of any of these titles but I'd imagine they're all prolly very early prototypes and with Cyclopean Chasms seeming a bit more on the ambitious side of things, being a 3D dungeon crawler n all, it may require more than a single Neanderthal's effort to bring to life. Maybe once Cleve gets decent base going with his blobbers he could hire some contractors to help out with developing it.
11624282.jpg

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
No Wizardry IX Grimoire 2, no buy. :negative:

Grimoire II will be the grand finale in this new blobber engine he is working on:

Once I get the blobber engine in place for this post-apoc, I am literally going to be reskinning it and releasing it for different genres. A half dozen hardcore RPGs with different settings should do it for my ambitions and then I will have some time to work on vanity projects like my shooter, a platformer and other half-finished piles I have sitting on my hard drive.

I am also very interested in : Pulp Noir RPG, Lost World RPG, Superhero RPG and then of course Grimoire II, which will likely be the last blobber I build with the engine which will be thoroughly refined by that time.

Diggfinger

Arcane
My heart is torn, my mind is shattered.

On one hand, very happy to know about the new games.
On the other, somewhat disillusioned that the new project is not, as I had hoped, the next game in the Hitman series with Cleve featured as the main protagonist.

Mortmal

Arcane
Cyclopean chasm should be a vr title, there's little interest to play those kind of games on flat screen now. I think it could even be ported to the quest 2.

Gastrick

Cipher
Cyclopean chasm should be a vr title, there's little interest to play those kind of games on flat screen now. I think it could even be ported to the quest 2.
Most people don't own a VR headset and walking with a joystick is much less awkward than trying to walk in VR. Not to mention motion sickness.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No Wizardry IX Grimoire 2, no buy. :negative:
In 2037, Cleve will release Grimoire II: Exemplars of the Heraldic Wings, followed in 2057 by Grimoire III: Wings of the Exemplary Heralds, which will feature rideable flyable giant turtles.

kic8vd.gif
With the flying turtle you can also reach new secret rooms where you can find even more secret rooms and do even more secret stuff

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
That meme of lovecraft's personal cosmic horrors never gets old.

His wife said Lovecraft would almost crap in his own pants when he saw a black man. He was convinced they were agents of Nyarlathotep. It would be pretty funny walking down the street in New York watching him reduced to blubbering bloodshot eyed terror at all the foreigners.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
And back then in H.P's time the urban blackamoors were a kinda, gentler race of men. Imagine if Lovecraft walked down the streets of South Central LA today? He'd not only shit his own pants but the sheer hydraulic force of the expulsion would shit his wife's pants walking beside him too, and if he had a little fur baby named Niggerman next to him walking on a leash, he'd shit its pants also.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In my opinion the only justice anyone could ever do to Lovecraft is to just read his shit. While some games/movies using Lovecraft's stories as a base were still entertaining, his work doesn't translate well at all into interactive/visual media and the reason it was so effective as horror was because everything was left to one's imagination - though this is really just a ramble and nothing to do with Cyclopean Chasms at all lawl. We don't know how much progress he's made in the development of any of these titles but I'd imagine they're all prolly very early prototypes and with Cyclopean Chasms seeming a bit more on the ambitious side of things, being a 3D dungeon crawler n all, it may require more than a single Neanderthal's effort to bring to life. Maybe once Cleve gets decent base going with his blobbers he could hire some contractors to help out with developing it.
11624282.jpg

? They forgot non-Euclidian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom