Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ELEX II announced

Falksi

Arcane
"Allsports Athletics
6 hours ago
This is HYPE! You can never go wrong with a piranha byte game, Cant wait!"

Like, I like some of their games and think this looks promising, but......"You can never go wrong with a piranha byte game"......

:backawayslowly:

JDR13

Arcane
80448221.jpg

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So there has been some leaks.

-initially your character will start super weak, and combat will be hard, but you will have a companion to help - or rather to kill the monsters while you evade combat ; also you ll be able to exploit the lackluster AI to kill monsters with ranged weapons,
- there will be several factions, one “magic” driven, one range based, one melee based. You can only join one. They will have faction specific armor and weapons,
- One of the faction base will be devastated by game event,
- according to internal email, they are not satisfied by the final boss and it will be a shit fight that leverages nothing of what you learned during the game
- according to leaker art, one low level monster will be a sort of giant ostrich

Last edited:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Hilarious trailer

So there has been some leaks.

-initially your character will start super weak, and combat will be hard, but you will have a companion to help ; also you ll be able to use the terrible AI for monsters
- there will be several factions, one “magic” driven, one range based, one melee based. You can only join one. They will have faction specific armor and weapons,
- One of the faction base will be devastated by game event,
- according to internal email, they are not satisfied by the final boss and it will be a shit fight that leverages nothing of what you learned during the game
- according to leaker art, one low level monster will be a sort of giant ostrich

Yeah clever shit. They're gonna make the same shit they've been making for 20 years and C o d e x e r s w i l l s l u r p i t d o w n

You know the drill. Even the fucking irony on all of this is used, tired and broken

Jinn

Arcane
They're gonna make the same shit they've been making for 20 years and C o d e x e r s w i l l s l u r p i t d o w n

Because it's still better than the great majority of shit in the genre. Changing it drastically would actually be bad, because it would likely all be aimed at a more mainstream audience. We take what we can get when we can get it. Not everything has to be a HUGE INNOVATION to be enjoyable.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
(warning: gratuitous heavy metal)

Korn isn't metal, they themselves will also say as such. :rpgcodex:

Amusing to see Piranha Bytes remain loyal to their audience of dudebros. :cool:

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, I didn't expect the austistic screeching for the Elex sequel would have an actual result, these cries were getting annoying. As for the trailer, indeed it's as awful as that DA one.

Murk

Arcane
Korn sucks but is now 1% less awful because of loose association with glorious ELEX.

they still suck tho.

Anyway, Jetpack. Fuck yes.

Drowed

Arcane
They're gonna make the same shit they've been making for 20 years and C o d e x e r s w i l l s l u r p i t d o w n

I mean, isn't it pretty much Codex's motto to want all game companies to be doing the same things that were made 20+ years ago? Just give it a coat of paint to make it look new enough and change a few decorations here and there, and done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom