Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ranger Boo Plays Terrible Games

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
So I got a new PC and I thought that for NMA and the Codex that I will play some terrible and hated games, stream and review them. So far the list is:
1. The Last of Us 2
2. Revolution 60
3. Any Borderlands after 1
4. Fallout: New California
5. Fallout 4
6. Fallout: The Frontier
7. Marvels Avengers
8. Mass Effect 3
9. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. Life is Strange

Feel free to list other games you want me to torture myself playing. So far the votes are:
3 For Life Is Tumblr
1 For The Frontier
1 For New California
1 For Mass Effect 3
The game that gets the most votes before I stream is the one I will play.

RangerBoo

Arcane
ME3 isn't terrible so I guess I'll vote for that so you actually play a good game.
To be fair Mass Effect 3 is the least terrible on that list but those endings. Plus a friend of mine said that playing the Mass Effect series will let me see just how much control Bioware takes over Shepard as time goes on. Which I find to be fascinating. It has been a while since I played them but as someone who is looking to become a writer it will let me see what went wrong as time went on.

Codex Year of the Donut
ME3 isn't terrible so I guess I'll vote for that so you actually play a good game.
To be fair Mass Effect 3 is the least terrible on that list but those endings. Plus a friend of mine said that playing the Mass Effect series will let me see just how much control Bioware takes over Shepard as time goes on. Which I find to be fascinating. It has been a while since I played them but as someone who is looking to become a writer it will let me see what went wrong as time went on.
If you plan on writing for cRPGs it's worth keeping in mind that most of the cRPGs considered to be 'well written' were not written by people who wrote books or trained in writing at all. The most common trait between them is that they previously wrote and designed tabletop RPG modules.

RangerBoo

Arcane
If you plan on writing for cRPGs it's worth keeping in mind that most of the cRPGs considered to be 'well written' were not written by people who wrote books or trained in writing at all. The most common trait between them is that they previously wrote and designed tabletop RPG modules.
Oh I don't plan on writing games. Seeing the types of people that work in the industry now I want to stay away from them for my own and my family's well being. I actually want to write books but I thought that playing Mass Effect 1-3 would be a good lesson on how not to write and end a story.

RangerBoo

Arcane
1. The Last of Us 2
Isn't this a Playstation exclusive at the moment?
I have a PS4. I will torture myself playing it as I am tired of that smarmy little shit Walpknut on NMA telling me that TLoU2 is a solid 7-8 out of 10 and that I have no right to judge this soggy biscuit of a game as I never played it and that I am just a bigoted alt-right incel. So I decided to bite the bullet and not only play it but make fun of him for his love of soggy biscuits made by degenerate Jews.

lightbane

Arcane
I have a PS4. I will torture myself playing it as I am tired of that smarmy little shit Walpknut on NMA telling me that TLoU2 is a solid 7-8 out of 10 and that I have no right to judge this soggy biscuit of a game as I never played it and that I am just a bigoted alt-right incel. So I decided to bite the bullet and not only play it but make fun of him for his love of soggy biscuits made by degenerate Jews.

Isn't that redundant? You're still paying and/or paying for TLoU2, so the jew still wins.

RangerBoo

Arcane

Isn't that redundant? You're still paying and/or paying for TLoU2, so the jew still wins.
I'll buy it used. Not giving that degenerate crypto Jew my money. Plus I really want to rub into Walpknut's face on why the game is bad and what a degenerate soy infused freak he is for defending it because lesbians.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom