Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Der Geisterjäger -- the third dungeon crawler by Graverobber Foundation -- OUT NOW

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

I'm ready to announce that the third game in Der Geist series is in development and will come out this year.

Wishlist it here:

Der Geisterjäger is a brutal single-character dungeon crawler that provides a unique combination of first-person exploration with tactical combat. After the disappearance of a corporate squad during pursuit of an unknown assailant, you're sent to investigate, confirm their status, and help them finish their mission.

YOUR FUTURE IS METAL
Get in your mech, explore the dungeon, and use all tools at your disposal to survive through harsh turn-based battles against security robots and other mechs. Search the map for useful items that will assist you in your mission, examine your surroundings to learn more about the world and events within it, and use navigation markers to avoid getting lost in this claustrophobic network of tunnels.

ONE VS MANY
You're regularly outnumbered and outgunned, but you've got the tools to counter that. Analyze your enemies to learn their strengths and weaknesses, pick the right weapon, stay on the move to avoid getting surrounded, and watch your flanks and stance. Knowing when to fight and when to run is essential to survive in this harsh underground world.

UNIQUE PROGRESSION SYSTEM
Use repair stations to upgrade your Robotic Combat Suit, abilities, and weapons, survive through battles to improve your pilot's performance in the field, and kill enemies even more efficiently as your Robotic Combat Suit analyzes their behavior. Customize your resistances and weaknesses using blueprints found in the field to fine-tune your build. Whether you want to be a heavy-armored brute, a projectile-dodging assassin, or a jack of all trades, the game allows you to get stronger in a way you see fit.

SEE THE WORLD THROUGH THE SCANNER
The game sports a unique wireframe-like graphics style to simulate the scanner of your Robotic Combat Suit. These unique visuals are supported by an atmospheric electronic soundtrack that submerges you in the dying world beyond the scanner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
good stuff, zwanny! wishlisted all your games, gonna pick them up sometime. they all look good so i'm sure i'll enjoy them. take care <3

lightbane

Arcane
I still have to play the second one. Eagerly awaiting these two corporations rediscovering the concept of a "combat knife" for mecha.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Would I be safe to start with the third one?
It's not required, but strongly encouraged to play the prior games if you want to have an easier time getting into this type of dungeon crawling and not miss out on certain story beats.

In fact, beating them might be a good way to pass the time before this one is out.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I always celebrate when a western DRPG gets announced, genre seems dead outside of Japan. I got used to playing DRPGs on handhelds because it's the perfect genre to play for a few minutes a day, so i haven't been playing much of them on my PC , hope the game gets enough success to get a Switch port (i noticed there's a few western DRPGs on the console, like Solasta and Legends of Amberland).

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Decided to write newsposts as in-universe spam.

Eberbach Corp Pilot's Guide Part #1: Expanded Arsenal

Greetings, fellow RCS pilots.

We were instructed to provide a quick guide through the expanded arsenal and give you a quick idea of what to expect.

But before that, we have an important announcement: as you may have heard, the improvements to our Repair Stations allow you to upgrade your weapons with greater flexibility, allowing you to improve their damage output, accuracy, stability, and range, and also reducing their evasion penalty. We'd like to add that upon reaching a certain level, you will be able to access new fire modes.

Now, let's take a look at the weapons issued to our pilots.

849c6c3679e96e496f51189d927651c54db3c21d.png

Recurring Weapons

First, let's take a look at the familiar combat arsenal issued up to 2074. These weapons are still issued to pilots, albeit with modifications and additions to improve their feel and expand their functionality.

Submachine Gun
MMP-K II 'Spitze' is a ‘spray and pray’ kind of weapon. Lacks the punch of bigger guns and has limited range, but offers the fastest firing rate and does not hinder evasive maneuvers as much as other guns do.

If you want to shower the enemy with bullets, this weapon is the right choice for you.

Laser Rifle
EL-5 'Feuer' offers decent range and firepower, but slow firing rate. It’s the weapon of choice when you need to fry armored targets and open damaged doors. As an added bonus, it can use the internal battery of your Robotic Combat Suit as it energy source.

With a few upgrades, you can unlock rapid fire and energy blast, making it the universal energy weapon out there.

Assault Rifle
AR-4 'Hoelle' is a universal weapon for any situation with good firepower, range, and firing rate. However, its ammo is expensive, requiring a certain degree of skill to make each shot count.

Take good care of it, and you'll be able to make it even more powerful.

Bazooka
BZ-3 'Zerstoerer' offers devastating power, but requires reloading after each shot. The big gun, usually reserved for the big enemy targets. Deals tons of damage, but requires reloading after each shot and makes evasive maneuvers much harder.

Upgrades will increase its damage output, making it a dangerous weapon. Just keep your distance and try to not blow yourself up along with your target.

d32131b967ab114d6897c10c58b99b7250b97faf.png

New Weapons
As of 2075, we are issuing 2 new guns and 1 melee weapon to cover common complaints, such as lack of meaningful ways to defend yourself at very close range or shoot enemies from far away.

Shotgun
SF-12 'Bruch' tears through enemies, but burns through available ammo very quickly. Useful at close range, almost impossible to dodge fully, and can be upgraded to increase its firing rate.

Sniper Rifle
SRZ-1 'Horizont' is the long range solution to your problems. Offers good range and firepower, but makes you move like a slug and feels very cumbersome at close range.

Beam Sword
BS-4 'Grunzen' cuts through enemies and delivers tons of damage, but burns through available energy very quickly. Useful as a last resort weapon in case you get cornered.

5169c8332a369612eb2ae6257e99659330db4c64.png

The End
Thank you for reading this issue of the Pilot's Guide, and expect another one very soon.

In the meantime, we have three popular questions for you:
  1. Do you want to stay on Earth, or do you want to transfer to an off-world colony?
  2. Do you believe that sunlight is actually deadly?
  3. Where's Anne Schaffer now?

See you next time!

lightbane

Arcane
Beam Sword
BS-4 'Grunzen' cuts through enemies and delivers tons of damage, but burns through available energy very quickly. Useful as a last resort weapon in case you get cornered.

Pilot: "When I finally get a melee weapon for when some fucker gets too close, it turns out to run on batteries. GODDAMMIT! "

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Beam Sword

Pilot: "When I finally get a melee weapon for when some fucker gets too close, it turns out to run on batteries. GODDAMMIT! "
You can still expand your energy capacity and have a few portable batteries ready to counter this. :positive:

lightbane

Arcane
These articles are fake, they're too useful and concise. Real corpo docs would be filled with meaningless drivel and leave important information out of it for one reason or another (ie: budget cuts), and optionally promote more stuff to the Pilot in a random tangent. See Robocop for examples.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
These articles are fake, they're too useful and concise. Real corpo docs would be filled with meaningless drivel and leave important information out of it for one reason or another (ie: budget cuts), and optionally promote more stuff to the Pilot in a random tangent. See Robocop for examples.
Don't worry, I'll be sure to include 'Top 10 Reasons Why You're an Incompetent Pilot' with long rants about stupidity of new recruits based on the playtesting reports generously provided by the unsuspecting gamers.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
One of the additions to the game is the ability to gain new resistances/vulnerabilities by exploring the world and finding various armor blueprints, then reconfiguring your armor at the repair station.

This way a smart player can observe which weapons are more common (and deadly) among enemies in each area and try to counter that, and also survive through tough boss battles with fewer losses.

However, some armor configurations tend to hinder evasive maneuvers to the point where you have to think hard on what's more important: getting hit, but getting less damage, or trusting your ability to evade enemy attacks.

E17TT_BXIAY9Res

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
The first public demo is launching tomorrow as part of the Steam Next Fest. Be sure to wishlist the game and try it when it's available.

Be sure to send feedback and tell all your friends.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
E4BNQRfVIAIqEts

Demo is out now on Steam as part of the Steam Next Fest. It features 2 maps from the early game and offers up to an hour of gameplay (or more, if you're thorough).

Give me your impressions, bois.

bionicman

Liturgist
Some feedback:

- when it comes to the visuals, audio, and story, the game is phenomenal. I'm impressed by how beautiful the game is and its minimalism.

- a minor nitpick: during the intro story sequence, it would be nice to be able to move from one line to another by pressing a button instead of only having the option to wait for the line to appear (too slow for my ADHD) or to skip the entire intro (but I'd like to still read the intro).

- a GUI-related feedback: I understand why all stats and buttons are displayed through same-looking text and same-looking rectangular buttons (makes it look nicer cause of the consistent style), but I feel like some graphical aid (e.g. small icons for different stats or weapons, or HP/DC/Energy bars of different colors so one could tell at glance the status of the player) could perhaps make the stats more readable at first glance. But it's probably more elegant the way it is.

I still haven't finished the demo though, I'll post more feedback later maybe.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Some feedback:

- when it comes to the visuals, audio, and story, the game is phenomenal. I'm impressed by how beautiful the game is and its minimalism.

- a minor nitpick: during the intro story sequence, it would be nice to be able to move from one line to another by pressing a button instead of only having the option to wait for the line to appear (too slow for my ADHD) or to skip the entire intro (but I'd like to still read the intro).

- a GUI-related feedback: I understand why all stats and buttons are displayed through same-looking text and same-looking rectangular buttons (makes it look nicer cause of the consistent style), but I feel like some graphical aid (e.g. small icons for different stats or weapons, or HP/DC/Energy bars of different colors so one could tell at glance the status of the player) could perhaps make the stats more readable at first glance. But it's probably more elegant the way it is.

I still haven't finished the demo though, I'll post more feedback later maybe.
Excellent feedback, thanks for giving it a go.

GUI-related graphical aid and control over the text in the intro sequence are doable, the former can be added easily as an option. I've added these to my TODO list.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
zwanzig_zwoelf have you ever played Wibarm? The basic game flow and how stats are set up give me strong vibes. Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere.

I'm going to play the demo, but I think first I'll check out the first two games.

lightbane

Arcane
No accidentally bashing the doors? No sudden mines in 5 minutes? That video is clearly fake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom