Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Remove shoutbox for 1 month.

Should we remove shoutbox for 1 month and make it drunkposting awareness month?

• Total voters

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
We have disturbing amount of alcoholics in the shoutbox who spend whole days drunkposting. Kalin, Hando, SmallDinkGuy...

I think we should make July a shoutbox free month and replace it with Alcohol Addiction Hotline number or something.

I'm being semi-serious.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hando and SDG whining about their lives all morning yesterday was kinda cringe.

People were trying to talk about important topics like vidya.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Just revoke their shoutbox licenses for a month so that they can impotently reee at their screens as good people talk about video games in peace. No need to deprive others from their hangout place just because of a few drunkards spiraling out of control.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just revoke their shoutbox licenses for a month so that they can impotently reee at their screens as good people talk about video games in peace. No need to deprive others from their hangout place just because of a few drunkards spiraling out of control.

Just give Hando and SDG a seperate drunkbox. Make it so only they can post in it, but everyone else can observe.

Observing it for 5 minutes would probably make most people feel better about their own lives.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Shadowbanning is the most dishonest way of user-control. It's exactly what Reddit and Twitter do.

I think there is a difference between shadowbanning political "wrongthinkers", and idiots who constantly spam the most mundane shit, and their retarded life stories which nobody wants to hear.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Shadowbanning is the most dishonest way of user-control. It's exactly what Reddit and Twitter do.

I think there is a difference between shadowbanning political "wrongthinkers", and idiots who constantly spam the most mundane shit, and their retarded life stories which nobody wants to hear.

It's still wrong, if you want to get rid of someone for whatever reason tell him about it. Shadowbanning creates a situation where the mods can shitstomp everyone with no consequences because people don't even know they are getting censored.

jackofshadows

Magister

Wait a second, people actually discuss games there? I've been checking it for some time by now and never seen that happen.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That will end up in your mailbox being clogged with Kalin's social commentary for a month, though. :shredder:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Wait a second, people actually discuss games there? I've been checking it for some time by now and never seen that happen.

It does happen on occasion, usually it gets drowned out.

Also a couple of weeks ago a whole bunch of us were talking about Fallout for a good 20 mins, then Porky appeared and started slinging shit and derailed the whole convo.

Porky is incidentally one of the types that bitches that this forum doesn't talk about games enough.

Maxie

been 77 days if i count correctly
add to that two previous months of intermittent bans
i'm not privy to the medical history of the administration to form a valid explanation of this obsession with me being banned

Maxie

We have disturbing amount of alcoholics in the shoutbox who spend whole days drunkposting
Put them on ignore.
it's faulty reasoning, because you putting them on ignore doesn't make them disappear from the website
other people will struggle to interact in the sea of their spam, or perhaps they will give up on the chat service altogether
eventually you end up in aweighbox - an empty space for talking to yourself

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
lmao how is Shoutbox even real
Nigga just close your eyes

e:
First they complained about the Poles in Shoutbox...

Mustawd

This is a great idea. I left shoutbox for a year and my drinking drastically lowered.

EDIT: Think about this. Shoutbox is so full of drunks a handful of them actually enjoy Fluent’s company. If that’s not a cry for help I don’t know what is.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom