Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Remove shoutbox for 1 month.

Should we remove shoutbox for 1 month and make it drunkposting awareness month?

• Total voters

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
This is a great idea. I left shoutbox for a year and my drinking drastically lowered.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-wine

Potential benefits of drinking wine

There are several benefits to drinking a glass of wine.

Potential benefits of drinking wine

Rich in antioxidants

There are many antioxidant-rich foods and beverages, and wine is one of them.

Antioxidants are compounds that prevent cellular damage caused by inflammation and oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is a condition caused by an imbalance between antioxidants and unstable molecules called free radicals, which can damage your cells.

Grapes have high levels of polyphenols, which are antioxidants that have been shown to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.

Because red wine grapes are higher in antioxidants than white grape varieties, drinking red wine may increase your blood antioxidant levels to a greater extent than drinking white.

In fact, one 2-week study in 40 adults found that consuming 13.5 ounces (400 ml) of red wine daily increased antioxidant status.

Higher antioxidant status is associated with a decreased risk of disease. For example, drinking red wine has been associated with a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, which are associated with oxidative stress.

May help combat inflammation

Wine contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties.

Chronic inflammation is harmful and may increase the risk of conditions such as heart disease, autoimmune disorders, and certain cancers. Therefore, it’s best to prevent this type of inflammation as much as possible.

Chronic inflammation can be reduced through diet, stress reduction, and exercise.

Many foods have the power to reduce inflammation, and wine is thought to be one of them.

Studies suggest that a compound called resveratrol in wine has anti-inflammatory properties and may benefit health.

One study in 4,461 adults demonstrated that moderate consumption of wine was linked to a reduced inflammatory response.

Participants in this study self-reported their alcohol intake. Those who consumed up to 1.4 ounces (40 grams) of alcohol per day experienced less inflammation than those who didn’t drink.

What’s more, in a study including 2,900 women, those who consumed a glass of wine daily had significantly reduced inflammatory markers compared with women who abstained from alcohol.

On the other hand, other research has found red wine to have a less dramatic effect.

A study in 87 adults of an average age of 50 found that drinking 5 ounces (150 ml) of red wine daily caused only slight reductions in inflammatory markers compared with abstaining from alcohol.

Although the research is promising, more studies are needed to better understand the anti-inflammatory benefits of wine.

May benefit heart health

Studies show that individuals who consume moderate amounts of wine have reduced rates of heart disease.

Researchers believe that red wine’s high concentration of polyphenol antioxidants can help reduce your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and metabolic diseases.

Some research suggests that drinking red wine may reduce blood pressure in people with high blood pressure, which may reduce the risk of heart disease.

Yet, other studies suggest that a daily glass of red wine does not reduce blood pressure in people with normal blood pressure or those who already have heart disease.

What’s more, wine may interact with medication that lowers blood pressure.

Furthermore, excessive alcohol consumption may have negative effects on heart health, including increased blood pressure and a higher risk of developing heart disease.

Whether moderate wine intake benefits heart health is up for debate as research in this area continues.

Other benefits
Drinking wine in moderation may also have other benefits:

• May benefit mental health. An occasional glass of wine may reduce the risk of depression. However, excessive drinking can have the opposite effect, putting you at a higher risk of this condition.
  • May promote longevity. Studies have found that drinking moderate amounts of wine as part of a healthy diet may increase longevity thanks to wine’s high antioxidant content.
  • May promote healthy gut bacteria. Recent studies have even suggested that red wine may promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, which may improve metabolic syndrome markers in people with obesity.
It's written by this jewish wine aunt, so you know it's trust worthy:
2BndzV2.png

SUMMARY
Some research suggests that drinking wine in moderation provides antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits that may improve your gut bacteria and boost your heart health, mental health, and longevity.

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Gentlemen,
I think some of you misunderstood my intentions. I don't want to ban our shoutbox alcoholics because I dislike their rants. I want them to take a break and think about all the time they are wasting drunkposting, screaming at the digital void.
We are a prestigious community of highly intelligent and fairly well-endowed gaming scholars. We are not some souless pit of 4chin incels or reddit degenerates. Codex is a family. And if someone is in trouble, we should at least have a conversation about it. We did it before. We had quite a few round table discussions about Crispy's virginity!
That's why I suggested closing shoutbox for a month and replacing it with some information about alcohol and social media addiction. Because I don't want to make it an arbitrary ban. I want to make it an opportunity, for some people, to think about their unhealthy habits.

I'm being 75% serious right now.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm surprised SumDrunkGuy hasn't seen this thread yet.

He'll probably go on a rant calling everyone gay whilst bitching about his bleeding ass again (has he been hanging out with HHR lately I wonder?)

SumDrunkGuy

Nigga I'm rarely ever in the shoutbox. I don't live there like Kalin an Handbro.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Corvinus

Arcane
Shadowbanning is the most dishonest way of user-control. It's exactly what Reddit and Twitter do.

I think there is a difference between shadowbanning political "wrongthinkers", and idiots who constantly spam the most mundane shit, and their retarded life stories which nobody wants to hear.

I didn't know you were a kike, Diablo1_reborn.

Only if it's for the good cause.

So they keep telling us. Better to always have straight dealings, even if those take energy and a modicum of courage.

A horse of course

Shadowbanning is the most dishonest way of user-control. It's exactly what Reddit and Twitter do.

I think there is a difference between shadowbanning political "wrongthinkers", and idiots who constantly spam the most mundane shit, and their retarded life stories which nobody wants to hear.

I agree, but I could definitely see it being twisted by far-right staff like Infinitron to turn RPGCodex into /pol/ without the BLACKED spam.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Maxie and aweigh alone in the shoutbox for a month would be actually pretty funny. Which is why it won't happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom