Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Card-Based Ash of Gods: The Way - card-based tactical spinoff

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://aurumdust.com/ash-of-gods-the-way/

https://steamcommunity.com/games/691690/announcements/detail/1789523304993652044

ASH OF GODS ON MOBILE

We are also going to port Ash of Gods: Redemption to mobile devices (iOS / Android) as it was promised during our Kickstarter campaign but due to the lack of experience in developing mobile games and considering it will be rather difficult to transfer such a big game to small screens with the very first attempt we decided to create Ash of Gods: Tactics first to learn some basics.

70e30c413698d2f574cc5b4d79f0caabd5c9ba64.png

ASH OF GODS: TACTICS

Well, if you were wondering about screenshots in this article, it is time to tell you that this is a brand new Ash of Gods' game, the one I mentioned above, Ash of Gods: Tactics:

The idea was simple. We decided to create a small exclusive mobile title using some assets from the original project to learn more about developing mobile games. This knowledge is necessary because we'd like to transfer Ash of Gods: Redemption to mobile devices as good as it possible.

68e6afd9cfd6a435d14a7eb1da7fc68bb1fb0c8a.png

Tactics is a small prequel to Redemption with completely different gameplay, based on cards. We wanted to adapt the new project for mobiles, that's why its combat is pretty simple (though, the game is probably semi-hardcore) and battles take 5 minutes tops.

b145ced98d0047e7d4a783d182f47e84c5af7915.jpg

What do you need to do? You have two decks of cards: characters' deck and a deck with spells and items. Every turn you can use one card from each deck. Basically, you choose a character and place him on any of three lanes you have, then use an item or a spell on him or any other characters presented on the battlefield. Your turn ends and characters make their moves based on their stats. Your goal is to defeat your opponent's hero reducing his health to zero.

16eb54b56a840a414bd2390986ff93a1f4db5ba0.png

At the moment we are in closed alpha testing but planning to release the game in a few months, its technical launch is planned in April. When it is released, we are going to port AoG: Redemption to mobile devices as it was promised.

Feel free to ask any questions and, of course, let us know what you think. Thanks a lot for your support.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Prequel? I remember I spent a little time playing it and the combat was so simplistic I didn't last long enough to see there is also a story.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I remember playing this shit, the most enjoyable thing about the story was the overpowered samurai and his harem of killer concubine/ex slaves. The story was so confusing and the translation so bad little made sense, but it had this eastern European charm that is very lacking in most souless games nowadays so I finished it and got a bizarre ending.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are releasing a demo for this.

FREE TRIAL
ENDS
Sun, February 27, 2022
NEW DEMO
Try our new demo of Ash of Gods: The Way

4fbddd891928540c697539bf5e85e1abac6c2846.gif

Hello, friends!

As we promised, here we are with your Christmas present — our new and considerably improved demo-version of Ash Of Gods: The Way.

We’ve done a great deal of work during these two months to carry out the changes we were talking about in the posts DEMO FEEDBACK and NEW CINEMATICS. Regretfully, cinematics won’t be in the new demo, but you’ll be able to assess the rest — fixed balance in the qualification rounds, completely redesigned challenger battles, amended UI and many other functions. And we really want to listen to your opinion.

6681bb565282e4fd3708c64acf32e5e58223e25e.png

We’re really happy to have such a great and caring community, and we want to sincerely thank you for cool feedback, comments and likes — all these things motivate us a lot and help us make our game better.

Pay attention! The demo is available on the page of the game:

9c20a9ad4b7bb550accfc9ae449c1d3d1b5ffca9.png

We hope you’ll enjoy our new demo, and we want to know what you liked and what you didn’t like. So share your experience in Steam discussions, join our Discord channel and be sure to add our game to the wishlist:

Ash of Gods: The Way

Turn-Based TacticsPuzzleChoices MatterDeckbuildingTurn-Based Combat
Wishlist & Follow. THAT'S THE WAY.
A turn-based tactical story-driven card game set in a fantasy world of Ash of Gods. Two decks, three lines, six factions and a great deal of possibilities to create your own unique strategy.
+ Wishlist
Coming Soon
header.jpg

We wish you good holidays and to have as many reasons to be happy and as many good games as possible in the new year.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked Ash of Gods enough to try out the demo of The Way when it was last available.
Short version - sadly, it's shit.

Longer version.
It's certainly not an rpg, but some unholy mix of moba and card battler.
You have 3 lanes where you drop units.
You don't control the units directly, just their placement and some gear/abilities you draw from your card deck.

The story is a mortal-combat tier excuse.
There's a special tournament among tacticians, so go have at it.

It would be a stretch to place this mobile crap into Tacticools.

Codex Year of the Donut
Saw this on steam and thought it might be decent, doesn't look like it will be.
Ash of Gods would have been pretty good with some changes, such as not copying banner saga's terrible combat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Ash of Gods: The Way demo is out now on Steam! A turn-based story-driven tactical card game with hand crafted battles — each with different rules and objectives.

The game is now part of the #TurnBasedFest with a new demo!

Rosey

Novice
The first one had really cool permadeath mechanics. Combat was jank as fuck and easy to cheese because of the turn order not using the pillage system in Banner Saga and the cards. The illusion of what they were going for was nice on that first playthrough though.

What the fuck is this? Looks like they just sold all their assets to some Indian mobile game company.

Rosey

Novice
So I dug around to see if they actually did have any major changes to their development team and boom. They have two websites up, both with an "our team" tab. One for the original game and one for Aurumdust. The team is much smaller now and it looks like none of the original artists or animators are listed. Probably why they reused and reskinned so many of their old assets and the game is shit.

Lhynn

Arcane
Been playing this for a hot minute and its not so bad. There is depth to be found in the gameplay, and I dont hate any character yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom