Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

jackofshadows

Magister
Interesting comparison. I'd say both TOW and Andromeda thoroughly mediocre with Andromeda having much better exploration (minus horrible sudoku-related dungeons) and slightly better gameplay in general but somewhat more offensively bad dialogues and quests.

Yosharian

Arcane
Wtf

Screenshot-20210617-155735.png

J1M

Arcane
It has been part of the Origin subscription from Day 1. Maybe nobody is buying it when they can play it for $5/month and cancel when they are done. Thus, a giveaway to draw attention to the site.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Good enough, use shield drain as trigger for 2-3 ailment skills (weapons effects also count as ailment) and play on highest diff. It's a MUCH better shooter than cyberpunk...

J1M

Arcane
There's lots of cheese options in Andromeda. Like a sniper rifle that pierces objects combined with thermal vision. Or allocating points in skills you won't use to ratchet up the passive benefits.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Not much cheese about ailment stacking and shield drain is just the tech equivalent of vanguard.

It's clearly better than CP it even had online at release (sarcasm) and less crafting idiosyncrasies.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I was playing ME3 on insanity as an infiltrator and just got so fucking bored, so I restarted as a vanguard. Infiltrator kind of sucks. It's a stealth build for a game where stealth is impossible. You can do perfectly well hiding behind things and sniping from a distance, but it's very tedious. I played through all of ME2 with an infiltrator and just got bored of it. Although, now I have to replay the first 3 missions and ME3 doesn't let you skip like 50% of all cut scenes, which is fucking annoying.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I finished ME2 last night and Samara got killed because I couldn't stand the cunt. Mordin also died and that sucked because his dialogue was the best dialogue, he was the champion of giving useful information. And last and least Tali got killed which was fine because this Avatar looking bitch was already mad because I chose to update firmware of the Geth.

Codex Year of the Donut
I was playing ME3 on insanity as an infiltrator and just got so fucking bored, so I restarted as a vanguard. Infiltrator kind of sucks. It's a stealth build for a game where stealth is impossible. You can do perfectly well hiding behind things and sniping from a distance, but it's very tedious. I played through all of ME2 with an infiltrator and just got bored of it. Although, now I have to replay the first 3 missions and ME3 doesn't let you skip like 50% of all cut scenes, which is fucking annoying.
you can just use the save editor to change your class
https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/20

J1M

Arcane
Some of the addons to the justicar code are just lazy writing, like the part about being compelled to murder cops if detained more than a day even though your race lives 1000 years.

It also makes no sense that asari vampires are so prominent in their culture if there are only 3 of them that are sisters. Leads to things like hunting the same one for 400 years.

Caim

Arcane
It also makes no sense that asari vampires are so prominent in their culture if there are only 3 of them that are sisters. Leads to things like hunting the same one for 400 years.
Aside from Samara's girls just about all of them in that monastery were turned into Banshees. On a related note, all her daughters being sex demons is likely why she doesn't want to fuck Shepard even though there is 0% chance them making another one.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Iirc, not all Ardat-Yakshi have a such severe condition as Samara's daughters and most of them just inflict paint at the different degrees to their partner, but not outright kill them. Justiciars work to find all of them, take them to the Monastery and over some time in isolation sort sane from crazy and let out those who is not considered a risk to society. Only those with one 100% lethal version are not given a choice and those are uber rare even among already rare condition that almost disappeared over last 3k years since Asari's first contact with aliens. And all this time they were actively mating with other species to wash out this mutation from their gene pool (only appears in the pure-bloods).

So yes, very prominent in their culture but another couple millennias of fucking everything that moves and Asari-vampires would be just a myth.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Oh scrap that, Samara was already dead and I was carrying her dumb ass daughter.
Doesn't that bitch kill you if you keep her alive??

Only if you fuck her. Otherwise she turns into a banshee in 3

Only because they couldn't get the voice actor to come back because she was busy, which is lame. I think Samara/Morinth are the best companion quest in ME2, so it's kind of lame that Morinth has such an anti-climax in ME3. It would have been cool that if you sided with Morinth in ME2, you team up with her in ME3 to either destroy the monastery or end up having to fight her.

J1M

Arcane

Iirc, not all Ardat-Yakshi have a such severe condition as Samara's daughters and most of them just inflict paint at the different degrees to their partner, but not outright kill them. Justiciars work to find all of them, take them to the Monastery and over some time in isolation sort sane from crazy and let out those who is not considered a risk to society. Only those with one 100% lethal version are not given a choice and those are uber rare even among already rare condition that almost disappeared over last 3k years since Asari's first contact with aliens. And all this time they were actively mating with other species to wash out this mutation from their gene pool (only appears in the pure-bloods).

So yes, very prominent in their culture but another couple millennias of fucking everything that moves and Asari-vampires would be just a myth.
That smells like a ME3 retcon to work around the problem of authoritatively stating that only 2 exist at the time of ME2.

Also, when we are talking about the digital archiving abilities of galaxy-spanning civilizations, 1000-year lifespans, and a genetic test for the condition, there's no fading into myth that's going to occur on a human timescale.

Further, you are confused about the role of a partner in asari reproduction. It's explained at least half a dozen times across the first couple of games that the partner simply serves as a randomization input and does not contribute genetic material.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Further, you are confused about the role of a partner in asari reproduction. It's explained at least half a dozen times across the first couple of games that the partner simply serves as a randomization input and does not contribute genetic material.

That's just dumb. If we see a mating partner as randomizing function on original data set (genome), than pre-alien-contact Asari only have one function, asari + asari. But adding new races into mix would be entirely new, different, randomizer that could produce new and unseen before combinations of genes (mutations) or affect a probability of appearance of existing traits and thus drastically alter and expand output. So previously rare trait (~1% Adrat Yaskshi) becomes exceedingly rare in a bigger result pool.

And beside, even for real non-fantastical species our "randomizer" constantly changes (evolution) as a new combinations appear all the time, with good mutations becoming more probable if specimen lives and prosper (has a lot of babies) and bad ones disappearing when defective creature fails to reproduce.

Also, when we are talking about the digital archiving abilities of galaxy-spanning civilizations, 1000-year lifespans, and a genetic test for the condition, there's no fading into myth that's going to occur on a human timescale.

Even galaxy-spanning civilizations are not safe from the sheer power of agenda and if the ruling class of a powerful and long-living race really wants to hide some unattractive historical and biological facts from the view of general population - they could totally do it. Bad PR and everything.

jackofshadows

Magister
Dude this game is fucking awful

The animations are soooo bad
Dude, you have played SOLASTA recently, come the fuck on :D Anyway, BioWare Montreal had to wrap things up so fast that they allegedly delegated a good portion of animation tuning to some cobbled together algorithm, neural network or even hand-written. But yeah, result was hilarious, all those vids and normies losing their shit, fun times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom