Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Curratum

Where is the autism reaction when you need it :(

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
856C520BA830713E95E0977ED62F9F115EFA0A58

i didn't do this fan-art but have a box

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I watched the Icarus Lives video and despite the graphics being intentionally sewage infested garbagepunk eye cancer I must say the gameplay does seem pretty appealing, at least with the way he describes and shows it. I'll probably wait until it's actually released and not early access though.

Jinn

Arcane
I'll probably wait until it's actually released and not early access though.

That is tomorrow, in case you weren't aware.

I've played a couple hours prior to the full release myself. The game has an intrigue like no other. It's truly something in a league of its own for better and worse. I think the above video nails it perfectly and I have very little to add at this point with the amount I've played. I'd say if anyone watched that video and is interested, it's worth it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's out:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1388770/announcements/detail/3030341104933222314

Cruelty Squad 1.0 released!
dec26c662b19028aa70418230b83e54e708d94f8.png

Cruelty Squad is now finally out of early access!

Changes since the last EA build:

• New level.
  • New ending.
  • New weapon.
  • New unlockable game mode.
  • Extended organ markets.
  • Two new implants.
  • New dialogue for some targets.
  • Pain.

Changes during the early access period:

• Lots of optimization and bug fixing, compared to the initial release it's possible to run the game on much lower end computers.
  • Controls are smoother, now possible to go up stairs without getting stuck on everything.
  • 6 new levels. (Technically 5 completely new ones, but one was turned into a fully playable level.)
  • 2 new endings.
  • 8 new weapons.
  • 17 new implants.
  • Hidden new game+ type of thing.
  • New enemy types.
  • Stock market simulation.
  • Organ harvesting integrated with the stock market.
  • Fishing integrated with the stock market. (70+ different fish to find!)
  • And lots of other minor things that I can't remember right now.

Big thanks to everyone in the community, and also my friends who have supported me during this development process. This isn't the end, I will continue fixing bugs (I'm sure there's still some I've missed or forgotten to fix) and adding stuff, but the pace will be slower and there will be absolutely no promises of any specific features. Enjoy!

Alphons

Cipher
Cruelty Squad is now finally out of early access!

Changes since the last EA build:

New level.
New ending.
New weapon.
New unlockable game mode.
Extended organ markets.
Two new implants.
New dialogue for some targets.
Pain.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
one eccentric finn made a better cyber/biopunk game than a sack of potatoes. explain cdpr respecters

ColCol

Arcane
I really don't know how to feel about the game, it does a lot of good things, and I think it's one of the better indie to capture the immersive sim feel of some early games. YEt, the graphics are too harsh on the eyes and some mechanics, like how difficulty works, are obnoxious (it lowers if you die automatically.).

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The bit with the car looked promising but the LSD vomit and snot bubbles not so much.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
If there was ever a game that the codex needed avatars of this is it, how else can I show off my CEO mindset on this forum?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This guy's probably already making plenty of money off this thing.

It's really sad that Prosper can't seem to put more serious dedication into his own game because this is a perfect example of the kind of niche he might be able to fill.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really don't know how to feel about the game, it does a lot of good things, and I think it's one of the better indie to capture the immersive sim feel of some early games. YEt, the graphics are too harsh on the eyes and some mechanics, like how difficulty works, are obnoxious (it lowers if you die automatically.).

There are ways to return the divine light, friend.

Alphons

Cipher
If there was ever a game that the codex needed avatars of this is it, how else can I show off my CEO mindset on this forum?

Sadly Cruelty Squad isn't an RPG.

Gorbino Quest on the other hand...

ColCol

Arcane

There are ways to return the divine light, friend.

Oh I know, I sitill think it's a bit obnox, thought I like that you can open certan doors depending on your state.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
the mall is filtering me hard

you can take down the big dudes with
an rpg that you find in a big black building on the 2nd actual level, Paradise, then you use the machine gun they have to mow down the other ones easily

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
the mall is filtering me hard
Yeah the Necromechs are pains in the dick and they really do dumpster you. You can actually find a rocket launcher within the mall level to deal with them, without having run into them first, which is what I did because I've been starting each level with the basic loadout (Pistol+SMG, I think the Tranq Pistol and Baton also count) as that gives an extra medal on completion.
But yeah if you don't care about that just start the level with the rocket launcher equipped that you can get from Paradise. The rocket launcher in the mall level is in the back room of one of the shops on the ground floor of I think the furthest dome from the spawn (also has some other weapons but the rocket launcher is what you need for them). They take a couple of rockets each to kill but as feds said they drop the LMG that you can then use to kill the others once you're out of rockets. There are a few more enemies in the game later on that I've run into that require armor-piercing weapons to kill (such as the rocket launcher or LMG).
Note that you won't do any damage at all to the Necromechs without an anti-armor weapon. You can unload 100 shotgun shells into them and it won't do a thing.
Minor spoiler but the level that comes immediately after the mall level is the real filter by the way, be prepared for that, ESPECIALLY if you're starting with base weapons only like me, lmao. The game just goes all out from there on and the difficulty of encounters keeps ramping up, so at some point you're gonna wanna stop and start fishing to get money to buy some better biomods.
Really loving the game so far, it's an experience like no other. The core gameplay is a lot less jank than the game's looks would have you believe. Yes there's some off-the-wall random shit like some equipment doing wacky stuff that wouldn't make any sense to have in a mainstream game but there's evidently a lot of work that's gone into pulling all of it together into a cohesive gameplay experience.

Last edited:

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's on a table, in one of the side rooms, down a corridor, on the upper floor, inside of the big black building, in Paradise.
Xr9pLKn.png

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah I eventually found it but I think I already had it lol...I just finished the mall level w// an A, I killed the first robot w/ 2 blasts , took this gun, then used another rocket to kill the target through the glass and then just ran out of there.. lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom