Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Did Disco man just spoil BG3..?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"but instead of skills, you talk to the narrator -- who is you in the future. it's a really smart twist, allowing for moments of introspection and roleplay similar to the skills talking to you -- only more D&D and low key. I like to flatter myself and say it's inspired by Elysium :)"

That's retartet.

Bet his car is the inspiration for the next clown-themed crpg. Instead of fast travel, you hop in your little bug fiat and zoom around the map honking your horn (and nose) and a special encounter featuring groups of raiders linebacking together to tip over your car can happen.

Flying Dutchman

Learned

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It's like he set out to deconstruct RPGs but ended up deconstructing himself.

The whole existence of the post-modern hipster is based on deconstructing the norms. This is why nowadays women want to have dicks and men want to have vaginas. Of course, it all ends badly for them in the end.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The more I read this thread the more I become convinced that Sawyer is in dire need of trt.

There is nothing left, no will, no drive, no ambition, not even any real desire.

His soul has almost completely left his body.

Artyoan

Arbiter
The more I read this thread the more I become convinced that Sawyer is in dire need of trt.

There is nothing left, no will, no drive, no ambition, not even any real desire.

His soul has almost completely left his body.

Even if he leaves California, California will never leave him. A lobotomy is irreversible. As is exposure to California. He's been diddled.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I never understand how this guy actually has fans. He always strikes me as insufferable and completely up his own ass.

Hey there! Welcome to the box!

There's not many of us here, and it's it's little cramped, but it's home to the enlightened few.

As an aside, Sawyer buying watches is another example of him feminizing himself. Watches are just jewelry, so it's a question now of when he's going to formally transition and then inevitably kill himself.

I mean fuck. The guy has gone full pussy on us. Shitty ironic cars, ultra skinny, preference for crap male jewelry, ugly tattoos, non-masculine bikes, and tucking it between his legs. Oh, and he probably likes awful beer, like trendy seltzer or IPAs that are all about sweetness and winter freshness.

Fucking fag.

gosh you just can't afford to live on a $200k salary, they need to be paid more
?

Josh has literally never said anything of the sort. He’s always been pretty up-front about believing himself to be extremely well-compensated while also stating that his compensation package is extremely anamolous for the industry. When he talks about unionization he’s clearly doing it from the perspective of someone who entered the industry as a web-developer/QA tester making 20k/year, not as the design director of a mid-tier Microsoft subsidiary.

For the record, there's another vanity Joshua purchases with his 200K salary (sans bonuses and stock, maybe) that he identified on Reddit: antique aristocrat vyntage watches!

https://www.reddit.com/user/jesawyer/comments/

"I only have two vintage watches: a 1948 Leonidas Triple Date Moonphase and a 1967 Omega Constellation. Recently I've also been looking at Polerouter Dates and Girard Perregaux Gyromatic HFs (hi-beat)."

Hi-beat, I say

So he's one of those guys buying man-crates with watches and shaving razors in them so he can go on reddit wearing a bow-tie and his mouth open proclaiming his supposed self actualization as a man

Codex Year of the Donut
?

Josh has literally never said anything of the sort. He’s always been pretty up-front about believing himself to be extremely well-compensated while also stating that his compensation package is extremely anamolous for the industry. When he talks about unionization he’s clearly doing it from the perspective of someone who entered the industry as a web-developer/QA tester making 20k/year, not as the design director of a mid-tier Microsoft subsidiary.
clown

:despair:

Remember that Josh is probably one of the 5 best paid employees at Obsidian and the only thing he's purchased in the past 10 years is a bicycle.

?

clown

:despair:

Remember that Josh is probably one of the 5 best paid employees at Obsidian and the only thing he's purchased in the past 10 years is a bicycle.

That’s not complaining that he’s unfairly compensated, it’s complaining that the the SoCal housing market is completely fucked and that the social security net is falling apart (whether or not that last part is true is debatable, but it’s clearly what Josh believes).

Codex Year of the Donut
that's him complaining that he's a retard spending thousands of dollars on a watch then complaining he can't afford to retire and how it's a problem with the country and not a personal issue

I don’t read that as him complaining he can’t afford to retire, I read it as him stating it as a fact (whether or not it’s true is another question). Based on what I know of Josh from following his career/interviews over the last 20 years, I suspect retirement is not something he’s particularly interested in or has ever prioritized.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Based on what I know of Josh from following his career/interviews over the last 20 years, I suspect retirement is not something he’s particularly interested in or has ever prioritized.

Sawyer from 2011:

I've attempted to find other occupations into which I could go, but most of them require going back to school for two or four years. I do not have any marketable talents or vocational training outside of what I have learned in the game industry -- very little of which is applicable outside. Whether I'm good or bad at it, video game development is the only place where I can make a wage that allows me to fulfill financial obligations to people who depend on me. A true believer in minimalist consumption would sacrifice everything for the principle of it, but I'm not That Guy.

Based on what I know of Josh from following his career/interviews over the last 20 years, I suspect retirement is not something he’s particularly interested in or has ever prioritized.

Sawyer from 2011:

I've attempted to find other occupations into which I could go, but most of them require going back to school for two or four years. I do not have any marketable talents or vocational training outside of what I have learned in the game industry -- very little of which is applicable outside. Whether I'm good or bad at it, video game development is the only place where I can make a wage that allows me to fulfill financial obligations to people who depend on me. A true believer in minimalist consumption would sacrifice everything for the principle of it, but I'm not That Guy.

At least he's honest. That self awareness about his situation and life so far is surprising, I was expecting something along the lines of an entitled rant about how he's Terry Davis levels of gamedev and how he's not being paid enough to live while having funko pops everywhere. That being said, I wonder what MCA's financials were like? Especially now. Sawyer's issue so far is that he seems pessimistic about things he can clearly change.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom