Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ToEE is fucking fantastic

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
What a fantastic rpg. Why does this not get shilled here more often?

After I got through the video game equivalent of ambien that is hommlet, this game opened up into one of the best rpgs I've ever played. Excellent combat, deep character building, gorgeous artwork and animations, great atmosphere, and an interesting soundtrack.

I just got done with the Lareth fight and totally did not expect the game to throw 2 more significant encounters at me while I was looking to scurry away and lick my wounds. Harrowing but all the more rewarding when I finally came out the other side with a ton of fat loot.

And the best thing about this game is I don't have to listen to morons and neurotics babble every 2 seconds, or hear some fag's life story about how he got exiled from his village by bigots, for smoking cock.

Gargaune

Magister
What a fantastic rpg. Why does this not get shilled here more often?
Doesn't it? In fact, unless I've missed something, it's one of the few games I've never seen called shit™ around here. People might gripe about various aspects of it, like Hommlet, "bugbears" or the UI, but the bottom line always seems to be very positive.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I just got done with the Lareth fight and totally did not expect the game to throw 2 more significant encounters at me while I was looking to scurry away and lick my wounds. Harrowing but all the more rewarding when I finally came out the other side with a ton of fat loot.

The spiders encounter is good and even dangerous but the ambush outside is just pathetic, i wish someone just added 1 level to all of the opponents.

From now on, you have 2 options, brute force through the temple or the temple quests which are quite nice.

Equip the robes from a temple from the main level chests to avoid the bugbear fest.

And when you replay it, go full evil quests starting from Hommlet.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
ToEE, Dark Sun, KotC, Fallout Tactics (yes, Tactics), Jagged Alliance are some of the purest RPGs by format. Isometric + turn-based + squad-based. Risen is dogshit which doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Honestly, one of the better games out there as an example of DnD done magnificently in TB combat. Troika was the best of the best back in the day. They did such good, heartfelt work.

It makes me sad that Tim Cain has fallen so. I mean, when you think about it, he took about 15 years off from the RPG industry or some shit.

Old Hans

Arcane
Honestly, one of the better games out there as an example of DnD done magnificently in TB combat. Troika was the best of the best back in the day. They did such good, heartfelt work.

It makes me sad that Tim Cain has fallen so. I mean, when you think about it, he took about 15 years off from the RPG industry or some shit.

it's like that old saying 'if you stay alive long enough you become the villain" "when you look into the abyss your candle burns out really fast" fool me once I wont get fooled again

ACTUALLY never mind. I cant remember what the old saying was. basically Tim Caine is a washed up old relic

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

This is co8 fan content, not Troika's work (or Gygax's for that matter).

Sykar

Arcane
Why does this not get shilled here more often?

Only a small minority here actually likes rpgs. The rest just want actioney power fantasies with romances.

Admit it your favorite scene in Dragon Age was

NSFW:

tumblr_pb93npLYM51w4afwno1_250.gifv
:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I replayed it recently, this time with Co8 patch, and I was surprised how much fun I had. Except Hommlet of course.

Gimmick runs recommended. I did a harem run (1 male character + joinable females) with the OP sword to balance it out. Next time I might do a Wuxia party.

welly321

Scholar
Last edited by a moderator:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For all I know that might be an actual scene in DA:I.

:nocountryforshitposters:

I find that stuff truly offensive though. And I'm triggered. I now have a sense of revulsion and disgust running through me and I'm considering making an official complaint. How dare you.

ToEE is great, even though Hommlet sucks shit. It’s also bittersweet playing it now with the knowledge that Troika wanted to use the engine to adapt a slew of modules in perpetuity. But then the Xbox happened.

ToEE is also remarkable in that it’s the only crpg I can think of off the top of my head that gets better the closer you get to the end (I really have no idea how no one on the dev team didn’t raise any flags about Hommlet).

Jigby

Augur
Hommlet is great after your 5th playthrough. You no longer stumble around with the fetch quests, while still enjoying the serene audiovisuals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom