Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Yosharian

Arcane
Dude this game is fucking awful

The animations are soooo bad
Dude, you have played SOLASTA recently, come the fuck on :D Anyway, BioWare Montreal had to wrap things up so fast that they allegedly delegated a good portion of animation tuning to some cobbled together algorithm, neural network or even hand-written. But yeah, result was hilarious, all those vids and normies losing their shit, fun times.
I haven't played Solasta yet actually. Now that I've played a bit more, I do see some of that Daidre is saying. There's some fun to be had with the combat and exploration. The animation work is really, really bad though. Very off-putting in dialogues.

jackofshadows

Magister
I haven't played Solasta yet actually. Now that I've played a bit more, I do see some of that Daidre is saying. There's some fun to be had with the combat and exploration. The animation work is really, really bad though. Very off-putting in dialogues.
My bad, just remember you've been in the thread for some time. Yes, I wish they didn't mismanaged Andromeda so badly, spent more time on locations, gave more attention to details and it could've been truly a decent game despite all the writing-related well, shit. Combat-foundation is also very strong but felt sometimes like a wasted effort since enemy variety severely lacking, many encounters weren't properly developed at all... What a clusterfuck. Enjoy! :D

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
consider the following:

Samara is one of the few times Lawful Good has been done properly in video games

She tells you that justicars are allowed to have relationships, but if you try to pursue one with her she says her duties come first, which is extremely
crazyrobot.gif
. Had to wait until the fan service Citadel DLC to talk some sense into her.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Strange that with all horrifyingly ugly faces and stunted animations they still made for Andromeda most beautiful world map I had ever seen. Just gorgeous.

What could I say? Probably budget mismanagement or remains of their attempts to make procedural-generated space exploration.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Strange that with all horrifyingly ugly faces and stunted animations they still made for Andromeda most beautiful world map I had ever seen. Just gorgeous.

What could I say? Probably budget mismanagement or remains of their attempts to make procedural-generated space exploration.
The lead character animator's only qualification was literally her blowjob skills. Now that it has been mentioned, I'm sure someone will dig it up for you.

J1M

Arcane
Further, you are confused about the role of a partner in asari reproduction. It's explained at least half a dozen times across the first couple of games that the partner simply serves as a randomization input and does not contribute genetic material.

That's just dumb. If we see a mating partner as randomizing function on original data set (genome), than pre-alien-contact Asari only have one function, asari + asari. But adding new races into mix would be entirely new, different, randomizer that could produce new and unseen before combinations of genes (mutations) or affect a probability of appearance of existing traits and thus drastically alter and expand output. So previously rare trait (~1% Adrat Yaskshi) becomes exceedingly rare in a bigger result pool.

And beside, even for real non-fantastical species our "randomizer" constantly changes (evolution) as a new combinations appear all the time, with good mutations becoming more probable if specimen lives and prosper (has a lot of babies) and bad ones disappearing when defective creature fails to reproduce.
The lore of the blue space magic race in the space magic game is exceedingly and repeatedly clear. Non-asari parents do not contribute any genes to the offspring.

Assuming asari genes work like human ones is silly, but perhaps this vampire genetic disorder, that was only written into the lore so they could have a deadly romance option, is something like a recessive trait and is only expressed a quarter of the time when both asari parents have it.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The lore of the blue space magic race in the space magic game is exceedingly and repeatedly clear. Non-asari parents do not contribute any genes to the offspring.

I never claimed that they did. But it still allows Asari acquire genetic traits they never had before and probably do it much faster then in pre-space-faring times.

But yeah, arguing biology about piece of lore that exist solely for fanservice is kinda pointless.

The lead character animator's only qualification was literally her blowjob skills. Now that it has been mentioned, I'm sure someone will dig it up for you.
If everything was so simple(

I have played Horizon: Zero Dawn year ago and all non-important NPC there were some weird negro-asian inbreeds with permanent dead-fish look. And this is AAA console exclusive with PS's renown quality control.
Not even mentioning The Outer Worlds that was my favorite dead horse to beat for a couple of months. But that one was made on shoestring budget, in comparison.

But what I try to say that problem is much bigger then one cock-sucking lady in the right position (for a perfect fuck-up).

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am halfway through Mass Effect 3 I think.

And erm... Mass Effect 2 started being more of a shooter than the first one, but at least it brought some streamlining to accompany that.

Now in 3, it's just a cover based shooter with way too much story and annoying shit in between. All the flying around is little more than choosing your next railroaded action level. I kept trying to think what playing the levels reminded me off, and then I remembered... Transformers: War for Cybertron. I got that Transformers game and finished it when it came out and loved it, the combat was fun, it was nicely paced and balanced and there were Transformers on Cybertron. No overly long cutscenes and dialogue.

I wouldn't think Mass Effect 3 was a shitty as it is if they just said fuck it we're making a (semi)linear action game in the Mass Effect universe, hell they would even keep the 2 choice morality system for a little diversity. But this... The missions are short, and then you're back on the Normandy parked in the goddamn phoneboot having dialogue with some retarded cunt, with no rhyme or reason to what parts of dialogue you can and can't skip... And then you have to go back out through the goddamn forcefield. It's like everything in this fucking game is designed to take the momentum away.

Everything is shit.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Yes, ME3 is the worst game by far. Not even worth playing, just kill Shepard at the end of ME2 and pretend this game doesn't exist

Joker vs the reapers is also a much more fun scenario to imagine than Shepard ME3. Even if they didn't fuck it up so badly.

Yosharian

Arcane
Because I have nothing better to do, been messing around with some mods

Also this is the Ryder preset I found on a russian site that is much better than the default soyboy one the game gives you

MEA-comparisons.jpg

this was done with two very simple mods, a complexion replacer and an eye replacer, easy as fuck to install and no chance of bugs

there are some other mods out there that change her hairstyle but can't be bothered with the inevitable bugs such things will produce

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher

Also this is the Ryder preset I found on a russian site that is much better than the default soyboy one the game gives you

MEA-comparisons.jpg

this was done with two very simple mods, a complexion replacer and an eye replacer, easy as fuck to install and no chance of bugs

there are some other mods out there that change her hairstyle but can't be bothered with the inevitable bugs such things will produce

Simply eliminating those dark nasolabial folds and bags from under her eyes takes 10 years off her. And Russian Ryder looks like someone to be taken seriously with "hunter eyes".

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Apart from Citadel (which is probably my favorite DLC in the whole series), Mass Effect 3's DLC is pretty shit. Maybe it's just because I'm playing through all these games in order, one after another, but I'm really fucking sick of killing Cerebus operatives. That's all the DLC are. Killing wave after wave after wave after wave of the same 3 enemy types of Cerebus operatives. It's really fucking boring.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I am halfway through Mass Effect 3 I think.

And erm... Mass Effect 2 started being more of a shooter than the first one, but at least it brought some streamlining to accompany that.

Now in 3, it's just a cover based shooter with way too much story and annoying shit in between. All the flying around is little more than choosing your next railroaded action level. I kept trying to think what playing the levels reminded me off, and then I remembered... Transformers: War for Cybertron. I got that Transformers game and finished it when it came out and loved it, the combat was fun, it was nicely paced and balanced and there were Transformers on Cybertron. No overly long cutscenes and dialogue.

I wouldn't think Mass Effect 3 was a shitty as it is if they just said fuck it we're making a (semi)linear action game in the Mass Effect universe, hell they would even keep the 2 choice morality system for a little diversity. But this... The missions are short, and then you're back on the Normandy parked in the goddamn phoneboot having dialogue with some retarded cunt, with no rhyme or reason to what parts of dialogue you can and can't skip... And then you have to go back out through the goddamn forcefield. It's like everything in this fucking game is designed to take the momentum away.

Everything is shit.

Mass Effect 2 was basically the same, though. The difference with Mass Effect 3 is that there are way fewer missions, so its linearity is more apparent. Mass Effect 2 dumps about 50 different mission options on you all at once, so it seems like the world is bigger than it is as you always have a million different options. Whereas Mass Effect 3 has like 3-4 missions to choose from at any given time, so it seems way smaller.

It really sucks that Mass Effect 3 cut out the companion side-quests. I kind of like the abilities being unlocked via dialog, but I miss the side-quests and loyalty mechanic. Not having it makes the game seem way smaller. Replaying Mass Effect 3 for the first time in 9 years it does feel a bit rushed. They had a million story threads to tie up and only like 3 years to make the game and you can kind of tell as they introduce stuff really abruptly at times.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

MEA-comparisons.jpg

This is a million times worse. Russian Ryder looks like an Bollywood Movie Star who is gay on the downlow. Personally, I like the way the Ryder twins looked. They look like average people with expressive faces, rather than the generic, early 1990s action star, look of 99% of all action game protagonists.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Apart from Citadel (which is probably my favorite DLC in the whole series), Mass Effect 3's DLC is pretty shit. Maybe it's just because I'm playing through all these games in order, one after another, but I'm really fucking sick of killing Cerebus operatives. That's all the DLC are. Killing wave after wave after wave after wave of the same 3 enemy types of Cerebus operatives. It's really fucking boring.

You are not killing cerberus operatives in any of Me3 dlcs? Or are you in omega perhaps? I remember fighting some new type of robots and reapers there.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

You are not killing cerberus operatives in any of Me3 dlcs? Or are you in omega perhaps? I remember fighting some new type of robots and reapers there.

There are new robots, but they don't do anything new. They just have a new skin and have slightly more HP than normal robots. They will also sometimes randomly throw up a shield, but it lasts like 2 seconds and is pointless. There is a new reaper enemy, but they also don't do anything interesting. They just attack melle and have barriers. However, Cerebus took over Omega, so you are fighting the 3 Cerebus enemy types for 95% of the DLC, and it's really, really, fucking long. 3 massive levels of semi-industrial boredom.

Leviathan is a little better, as it's interspersed with some puzzle solving, but the enemies there are a mix of cerebus and reapers. Leviathan does have that interesting fight where you have to guard the probe while it repairs as Banshees appear, but that's really the only interesting fight in the DLC.

Yosharian

Arcane

MEA-comparisons.jpg

Simply eliminating those dark nasolabial folds and bags from under her eyes takes 10 years off her. And Ryder looks like someone to be taken seriously with "hunter eyes".
More like 30 years.

I can't stand the default Ryder.

Caim

Arcane
There are new robots, but they don't do anything new. They just have a new skin and have slightly more HP than normal robots. They will also sometimes randomly throw up a shield, but it lasts like 2 seconds and is pointless. There is a new reaper enemy, but they also don't do anything interesting. They just attack melle and have barriers. However, Cerebus took over Omega, so you are fighting the 3 Cerebus enemy types for 95% of the DLC, and it's really, really, fucking long. 3 massive levels of semi-industrial boredom.

Leviathan is a little better, as it's interspersed with some puzzle solving, but the enemies there are a mix of cerebus and reapers. Leviathan does have that interesting fight where you have to guard the probe while it repairs as Banshees appear, but that's really the only interesting fight in the DLC.
Omega was just more cover-based shooting without much new being added to the mix. It was the first time we saw a female Turian though. Leviathan had some spooky stuff going on even though the combat was nothing new, but the underwater section right up to meeting Leviathan was rather well done. Citadel meanwhile turns the game into a light-hearted comedy romp that actually wanted to have fun for a change. For the rest it's all guns, which are a mix of new and interesting and banalshitboring reskins.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mass Effect 2 sucks as both a shooter and RPG. At least the shooting is kind of fun in ME3, while ME2 has janky animations, side quest IS the main quest™, brilliant RPG mechanics like ammo as a skill, retarded dialogue and wonderful thematic ideas like the giant Skeletor-Superman hybrid reaper final boss. That game is a burning dumpster fire clusterfuck and anyone who likes it should be sent to work in the salt mines.

J1M

Arcane
Mass Effect 2 sucks as both a shooter and RPG. At least the shooting is kind of fun in ME3, while ME2 has janky animations, side quest IS the main quest™, brilliant RPG mechanics like ammo as a skill, retarded dialogue and wonderful thematic ideas like the giant Skeletor-Superman hybrid reaper final boss. That game is a burning dumpster fire clusterfuck and anyone who likes it should be sent to work in the salt mines.
a) sidequest focus gives ME2 a better game structure than ME3.
b) ME2 has a silly end boss, ME3 fails to even have one.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I still can't believe Harbinger wasn't a boss in ME3. After the build up in ME2 and the DLCs it was very disappointing not to battle him. Overall ME3 was good until you get hit by the beam in a very stupid frontal assault but whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom