Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Paths & Danger - Battle Brothers meets Darkest Dungeon

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/981998119/paths-and-danger
Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paths-danger#/

https://goldengodgames.com/pathsanddanger/

If Darkest Dungeon and Battle Brothers could have a baby, this would be it. Experience innovative gameplay full of treacherous quests

Their campaign is a wall of text, I'll copy-paste the main features, everything else is more in depth stuff.. Two people are making this. The main page is worth reading. Lots of info and screens.

803d006f739f29d64d0b6ff4da521896_original.png

Paths & Danger is a procedural turn-based RPG with a unique twist.

Join in on an adventure to gather a balanced group of heroes to embark on a series of quests for the sake of good or evil. Which side will you choose?

Travel many paths in which you have to deal with random encounters and different situations and make the best of it.

A character with the Motivator trait, raising his friend's Spirit.

You must hire and recruit new members for your party, each with different skills, to complete the quests. You can also increase the success of your adventures by improving your character's gear and equipment. Plus, pack up all sorts of potions, loot precious gems and gold to help you along the journey.

58b01c3fadbe2148ca6b621a8a8c5342_original.png

• Lead groups of 30 different characters, each one with unique abilities and weapons
  • Manage your heroes stats to get them stronger
  • Deal with dangerous circumstances, events, and quests
  • Solve the story of the mystery surrounding the town of Westwall
  • Fight in a strategic turn-based combat system on a hex grid
  • Characters with unique traits and features may give or take when you expect less, changing the course of battle.
  • A deep atmospheric environment that suits different world places (6 unique types of world places)
  • Emerge in a diverse stunning dark fantasy world
  • Roguelike features, including permadeath
  • Procedural map generation giving endless replay
  • and count with the traditional RPG elements, loot, inventory, character level up, upgrade on stats, weapon, and armors...

Most enemies have special abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

vazha

Arcane
The narrator sounds like Ancestor: made in china edition heh

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
bargin bin battle brothers and DD. You can see how the narrator tries his best to imitate wayne june.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"Battle Brothers meets Darkest Dungeon" is a surprisingly accurate description for the screen shots.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
This game is now out on that early access program. Saw this on my steam thingy. Which one of you brave souls want to try this out?
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1403990/view/3103539908174135797
Paths & Danger is now available on Early Access
Greetings everyone!

Early Acess of Paths & Danger is now available!

Our dedication to this project can now be seen on Paths & Danger, there is a lot of potential in this game, we hope you see the same in this game.

Since the game is under development, there will be a lot of room to improve the existing features and add new content.

Now our focus is to bring Paths & Danger to the release state, in other words, release its full potential as a game!

Please if you have suggestions, bugs to report, or any other feedback, we would be much appreciated hearing from you. Please do so at our Steam game group or by joining our discord channel.

Stay tuned and see you soon!
26b24ce130584576c169d8da4c52abb35d7ec9da.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1403990/view/6137852215801014184

The Game Is now Out of Early Acess!
We are proud to annouce the game left the early access

Time to announce the official release of Paths & Danger. The game is no longer in the design phase or beta stage. After so many days of EA and work since was started to being made, the time has come for a full release.

All the polishing needed and the feedback given by everyone has helped to put the game as it is now. It obviously doesn't mean it ends here. Otherwise, the game will be continually upgraded and updated, and as it has been here, monthly (or every 2 weeks) updates with more content and features will continue.

Paths & Danger, as it stands, is a wholly compelling and fun game to play. The reasons for the early access are no longer valid. The current state of the game proves and justifies that.

There are no DLCs planned. All significant future updates or great new content add-ons will always be given to Paths & Danger for free to any Paths & Danger user.

A big thanks to everyone who contacted for suggestions/feedback and helped develop the game.

Get Paths & Danger now with 20% OFF!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Paths & Danger, as it stands, is a wholly compelling and fun game to play.

This is a weird thing to see a dev say. It's like saying "our game is totally worth your money."

Yeah, it should be obvious you feel that way, since you're the one selling it.Most devs describe why it's worth your money.

Game itself looks interesting though, although the art kind of puts me off. Anybody give this a try? It doesn't have enough steam reviews at this point to generate a score.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Paths & Danger, as it stands, is a wholly compelling and fun game to play.

This is a weird thing to see a dev say. It's like saying "our game is totally worth your money."

Yeah, it should be obvious you feel that way, since you're the one selling it.Most devs describe why it's worth your money.

Game itself looks interesting though, although the art kind of puts me off. Anybody give this a try? It doesn't have enough steam reviews at this point to generate a score.

Tried it. Tactics are pretty straightforward, if not simple, didn't require extensive thinking from my part at least. The game has its novelty, you can play as a half vampire, or fire or mage wizard or some other classes. Half vampires have some cool abilities like transforming into a swarm of bats. the battle brothers and darkest dungeon influence is pretty evident. The game is not hard at all, but I am playing on normal difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom