Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Omg! You're right on this double client hell. It still hasnt booted up. Maybe i should have just pirated it. Yeesh

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It came up. That first time virgin double fuck by steam and ubi is a bit of a wait. Won't let me use the falcon & unicorn separate key unless its already installed in its deluxe bundle.... nvm it is. Derp.

now i picked this up also because of modding tools and hopeful community. I was hoping Fargo would have rebooted BTCS in the trilogy to do the same. Seems like that's not happening.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oh god... so like a chick getting triple simultaneously fucked? Lordy... I'm not that crazy. I dunno what that's even called? Expert Fork Spitroasted?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What are the issues with ubiclient? (A client loads a client... gay). Wish it was a gog game as it looks nice and i enjoyed the entire III - xeen series a lot.

Is that all you've played of M&M? Because then you should play VII next, it's a damned, damned fine game (some will swear to VI, they're wrong but it's still a great game and they're still good people for loving M&M, so you could play that as well).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I played I-end of swords. Started vi but on a later computer before gog. I had issues. I havent restarted vi. Played HEROES 1-3 but never finished it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The voice acting of a shopkeeper made me name a pet newt Vinny and use that voice when mock-talking. I did play some of VI and i enjoyed it. The problem at the time was my computer kept running of memory (it was old). When i went to Heroes i just never got back to it. I should go through all the MM on pc and a few consoles. The c64 MM1 had a leveling bug you could easily exploit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Not directly related to M&M, but Julien Pirou launched his own tabletop RPG label and is writing a sci-fi (or science fantasy) RPG called Lore & Legacy, inspired by Moebius, Caza, and early entries of M&M. Hopefully this turns into a CRPG down the line...

Core Book is now available in English. https://empyreal.pirou.games/2021/05/06/lore-legacy-core-book-english/

Also he recently joined Limbic (the development studio of MMX) as (freelance?) Associate Creative Director: https://www.linkedin.com/in/julien-pirou/

Associate Creative Director

Company Name Limbic Entertainment GmbH (Freelance)
Dates Employed Mar 2021 – Present
Employment Duration 3 mos

I joined Limbic's team as associate creative director on an unannounced video game project.

(Curiously he did short freelance writing job for Virtuos before this. I have to wonder if that was for that Runescape CRPG.)

Limbic is working on some game(s) for Bandai Namco btw.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It is playable without that if you are willing to dive into the deep blue sea.

Aarwolf

Learned
It seems that Ubisoft shut down MMX servers down and now not only you don't have the access to its DLCs (The Falcon & The Unicorn, promotional items and relics you got for uplay units or whatever the points were called), but you can't even go outside of first act of the game. So, basically, as a player who is playing a single player game that is seven years old you can't play your damn game because of some broken DRM shit that Ubisoft screwed.

Screw you Ubikacja, screw you and everyone that fucked this franchise so much.

More detailed info here, but sorry, it's in potato native language.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
What the actual fuck? Their DRM service is still active, but they've shut it down for a single game? What happened? They've noticed that they forgot to make another terrible HoMM game and decided that it's the only way to uphold their "shitting on HoMM franchise" tradition?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It seems that Ubisoft shut down MMX servers down and now not only you don't have the access to its DLCs (The Falcon & The Unicorn, promotional items and relics you got for uplay units or whatever the points were called), but you can't even go outside of first act of the game. So, basically, as a player who is playing a single player game that is seven years old you can't play your damn game because of some broken DRM shit that Ubisoft screwed.

Isn't it this bug that's been intermittent, or did they actually change something now? See posts from 4 years ago.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/discussions/0/2765630416820246366/

Adenocaulon

Educated

Isn't it this bug that's been intermittent, or did they actually change something now? See posts from 4 years ago.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/discussions/0/2765630416820246366/

When I played the game the last year, internet connection with uplay was required to enter to a certain place (required to continue in the game). Now that the server for this game is down, this issue has not been addressed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom