Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
Funny though, Dude does mention sleeping and he has beds on his homes throughout south underrail.

Trashos

Arcane
I want to start another pistol playthrough to check out the new pistol feats. I am trying to decide on my DEX investment, and I am a bit confused with the Bullet Time feat. It says it reduces AP cost by 30%, but WHEN? After Rapid Reloader? After Dexterity? After Gunslinger? Before? WHEN?

And is the reduction rounded up or down?

I will be using 7.62mm.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I upped it to 50% with specializations. So my max dex pistol fighter (13 or 14) using a rapid 44 hammerer went from 14 AP to 7 AP. So it reduces whatever your AP costs by x%.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I upped it to 50% with specializations. So my max dex pistol fighter (13 or 14) using a rapid 44 hammerer went from 14 AP to 7 AP. So it reduces whatever your AP costs by x%.
Try a pistol with an odd AP cost so we know whether it rounds up or down.

jackofshadows

Magister
I want to start another pistol playthrough to check out the new pistol feats. I am trying to decide on my DEX investment, and I am a bit confused with the Bullet Time feat. It says it reduces AP cost by 30%, but WHEN? After Rapid Reloader? After Dexterity? After Gunslinger? Before? WHEN?

And is the reduction rounded up or down?

I will be using 7.62mm.
After everything. And as you see in Major_Blackhart's example, even 44 hammerer with high dex drops to 7 ap per round which is very close to the minimum: 4 ap. So using 7.62 with bullet time makes little sense if you ask me.
how come ezra never detected tanner tho
He's just a man...

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
how come ezra never detected tanner tho

At the end, Ezra said he was able to peer into Tanner's mind only a handful of times for a brief moment, seeing shapes and images, before being expelled. If Ezra had been there for a while, let's say five to ten years, that means he's been trying to probe Tanner's mind for that long and only was successful three or four times, when Tanner was distracted or allowed it.

That's some fucked up shit right there. As insanely powerful as Ezra is, he can't do fuck about fuck all with Tanner. That's literally just how far the High Ones / Godmen are beyond humanity.

Now, imagine the horror if Tchort had managed to devour a High One. It stands to reason that Tchort gains knowledge, memories, insight, and abilities from those it devours.

jackofshadows

Magister
Try a pistol with an odd AP cost so we know whether it rounds up or down.

With a 7AP and 5AP pistol it dropped to 4.
That's because 4ap is the hard minimum. Anyway, I just crafted 7.62 Hawker 20 base AP and with 18 dex/gunslinger it has translated into 9 ap and with specced Bullet Time into 4ap. So, rounds down.

Tygrende

Arbiter
It's always a shame that AP 4 is the hard min. Would have been insane to go further down. Just keep shooting TCHORT with a 5mm.
We can shoot about 200 times in one turn at 4 AP, that's already insane. And you can't really do that with Tchort, he dies way before you get anywhere close to 200.

Black_Willow

Arcane
Also, now I'm thinking, after seeing Ezra's explanation re the ACoNR, specifically the intelligence behind it, has started to make me think Hadrian Tanner has been around for a LOONG LOONG time on earth. I mean, Pre-Fall. The dude might even be responsible for the fall itself, in his quest to get more power to defeat Rahm Umbra. At the very least, Old Biocorp scientists in Deep Caverns were aware of the High Ones (Godmen in Occulus, like Six and Tanner) as evidenced by Tchort when you first arrive in it's mutagen container.

Isn't it explicitly said that the Faceless are human-Godmen hybrids, made by Biocorp?

EDIT:
The Dude says "Well, the Faceless are, as a matter of fact, a very sophisticated race of ancient half-men, half-gods, half-rocks. ::He takes another sip of mushroom brew.:: You see, they were created a long time ago in the fiery bowels of the earth."

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Also, now I'm thinking, after seeing Ezra's explanation re the ACoNR, specifically the intelligence behind it, has started to make me think Hadrian Tanner has been around for a LOONG LOONG time on earth. I mean, Pre-Fall. The dude might even be responsible for the fall itself, in his quest to get more power to defeat Rahm Umbra. At the very least, Old Biocorp scientists in Deep Caverns were aware of the High Ones (Godmen in Occulus, like Six and Tanner) as evidenced by Tchort when you first arrive in it's mutagen container.

Isn't it explicitly said that the Faceless are human-Godmen hybrids, made by Biocorp?

EDIT:
The Dude says "Well, the Faceless are, as a matter of fact, a very sophisticated race of ancient half-men, half-gods, half-rocks. ::He takes another sip of mushroom brew.:: You see, they were created a long time ago in the fiery bowels of the earth."
that describes a human-godmen-monolith hybrid

don't forget the rock!!!

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys! it's been awhile. I haven't played underrail in a bit but I planned on continuing my save again. I have a doubt, though, and that is that i don't think my character is going to be good enough to survive Depot A. Can you guys take a look at this video, at the 44:15 mark, take a quick look at my build and let me know if there's any way i can pull it off? it's kind of a mish-mash but maybe, just maybe it can work? thanks!! <3

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Underrail bandages are really toilet paper:

Bandages.png

Once you see it, you cannot unsee it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, for pistol build you need some Dex if not max, but at least some liek 10, and then some Per to make bullet hit harder.
Generally, you set stats to fulfill requirements for feats - these one bring damage to you, stats are secondary for that.
So a set of attacking feats, and defending ones like those who offer maneuverability or tankiness is required.
You could do very flexibl builds in Underrail, tailor them to your need.

Underrail bandages are really toilet paper:

Bandages.png

Once you see it, you cannot unsee it.

:d1p:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom