Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Fermi Paradox - sci-fi narrative strategy game with Brian Mitsoda - now on Early Access

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Looks absolutely disgusting. And also this sounds like The last federation which is probably a much better game anyway.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I love SPACE and (hard)sci-fi so I am loving that it seems to be getting more attention.

Too bad everything is shit.

DDZ

Patron
I will only play if that Isaac Arthur dude narrates some of it, because then at least it would be funny.

Norfleet

Time to nigger: Zero
This actually makes sense. Blacks may be better adapted for life in space as they suffer less from zero-gravity bone loss. This may give them the advantage in space colonization and thus see them being a significant force.

I will only play if that Isaac Arthur dude narrates some of it, because then at least it would be funny.
That's the guy who sounds like Elmer Fudd, yes? That'd be amazing, Elmer Fudd into space.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This actually makes sense. Blacks may be better adapted for life in space as they suffer less from zero-gravity bone loss. This may give them the advantage in space colonization and thus see them being a significant force.

That's the guy who sounds like Elmer Fudd, yes? That'd be amazing, Elmer Fudd into space.

Better adaption to zero G pales in comparison to Actually Having The IQ Necessary To Operate Complex Machinery.

DDZ

Patron

Yeah it's the speech impediment which makes it hard to pronounce the letter R, and to make the joke complete it's called rhotacism.

It makes you sounds like a baby. VEWWY HAWWD TO SAY WOWDS WITH AW

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
First project post-Bloodlines 2 I think.
looks gay
CDPR should have offered to develop this. But who knows, they might've still insisted on making it sandbox with too broad a scope. I still think either they or Rockstar are this franchise's only hopes.
cdpr are fuckin trash man
So, time travelling sjw fuckheads teaching the dinosaurs to be gay and tranny was the real reason they died out. The asteroid was just a cover up?
absolutely

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellion

Arcane
Fermi Paradox's demo is available on Steam during Next Fest. It is surprisingly decent and un-woke, if you exclude a trigger warning at the start which states that "this game contains war, devastation and loss of life".

Norfleet

Better adaption to zero G pales in comparison to Actually Having The IQ Necessary To Operate Complex Machinery.
Yes, but since only a small elite minority will ever into space...
occupyspace.jpg

Yeah it's the speech impediment which makes it hard to pronounce the letter R, and to make the joke complete it's called rhotacism.

It makes you sounds like a baby. VEWWY HAWWD TO SAY WOWDS WITH AW
I dunno about baby. It makes you sound like Elmer Fudd, and Elmer Fudd in space is absolutely hilarious. That unique accent is what makes him recognizable. The other cruelly-named speech impediment is the lithp.

jackofshadows

Magister
It is surprisingly decent and un-woke
You're kidding, right? Or shilling? I just started and this is already the wokest shit I've seen lately. Nigger astronaut right from the start, globohomo agenda in your face... Vegan agenda even, for fuck's sake. Also, check this:
3F72CC5AE0C1CC66ACB5529AD91BA4EE1D33A001

6CFDCFDC350F0C5D93543ECB1502FE856BCFB10B

And the game is all about this shit, it's fucking insane.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1543150/discussions/0/3078754982924959984/
if you don't kill the meat industry, then you can't go to space..

Hellion

Arcane

This statement from the link:

The events, the outcomes, the sequences are always the same. There is nothing random in this "game", so it's more like a puzzle or visual novel.

...is not entirely true, since during my playthrough I didn't encounter either the "meat" event or the "rainbow protests" event. Only the general outline is scripted in the demo, meaning that a "crisis" of sorts will occur no matter what. For example, in my playthrough it had to do with hydraulic fracturing and oil in general.

But I see your point.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah, he probably chose the tutorial and didn't realize that it heavily scripted but still. Also, one of the first screens literally tells us that social injustice leads to dystopia. If this is un-woke then I'm horrifyed by what the real woke might be :D
8EBA66F09398FA21F25614224B6E6A78FB6D9AE3

Latelistener

Arcane
Fermi Paradox's demo is available on Steam during Next Fest. It is surprisingly decent and un-woke, if you exclude a trigger warning at the start which states that "this game contains war, devastation and loss of life".
I even downloaded it after your comment. It's good I didn't launch it.

Into the trash it goes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You guys should have paid attention to the thread in strategy and simulation where I point out where the devs outright say they're intentionally setting out to push a progressive agenda. :M

Codex Year of the Donut
You guys should have paid attention to the thread in strategy and simulation where I point out where the devs outright say they're intentionally setting out to push a progressive agenda. :M
stunning and brave, that will surely set them apart from all the competition doing exactly the same thing

jackofshadows

Magister
Looking back, just before the shitstorm started, when even somewhat cynical guys here, me included, beleived there's still a chance that something good might come out of the certain vapourware project solely thanks to Mitsoda's presense, they sure look like fools now. Turns out, it was up to no good for 100% all along, judging by his participation in such a sweet piece of sjw propaganda. What a fucking shame.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I kept pointing out all this time that it was Brian's idea to get Cara Ellison involved.

Paradox apparently regarded Bloodlines as the crown jewel in the portfolio when they bought the World of Darkness IP in 2015. Meanwhile, at Hardsuit Labs, creative director Kai'ai Cluney came into Kipling’s office and told him they had to make a pitch. Things started happening all at once. Kipling was sending emails to Paradox saying: “We’re pitching you a game whether you like it or not,” while Cluney started reaching out to Mitsoda. They had a meeting set up within a couple of days. Mitsoda reached out to Ellison later, and said it was fun watching her reaction when he told her, a reaction she described as a “weird goofy grin.”

“We had the right people in the studio at the time, Brian was interested, everything just sort of worked,” said Kipling. “It was a perfect confluence of events. The time is now.”

^ how the grift-sausage is made

Norfleet

Yeah, he probably chose the tutorial and didn't realize that it heavily scripted but still. Also, one of the first screens literally tells us that social injustice leads to dystopia. If this is un-woke then I'm horrifyed by what the real woke might be :D
I don't see anything wrong with this position. Maybe your goal is to bring about the Imperium of Man. FOR THE EMPRAH!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Saw this on Steam. Didn't put it on my wishlist because the screenshots and description seemed really meh, and I put all kinds of half-baked trash in my wishlist.

lightbane

Arcane
Niggers everywhere!
Also, lol at that "cannot go into space travel if we don't destroy the meat industry!" bit.
Gotta survive the harsh space with soy capsules, I guess.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The (((Human race))) can get wiped out if you don't allow the sexually fluid youth to hold a massive orgy. They riot and end earth.

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
>expecting a new game to not push homosexuality and muh uhpresshin

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom