Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The bounty hunters are in the same general area, up another mountain.

Though I'm not even sure that there is an Ahriman ending.

Snafaru

Educated
There are 4 endings in Version 3:

The Flying Saucer Express Ending
The Infinity Slumber Ending
The Lost and Found Barrel Ending
The Moon Abyss Delivery Crate Ending

Concerning Ahriman (whom you can find in Robert E. Howard's Conan stories): There is no ending as per say, but if you have foiled his plans, then every time you walk around the Dominion Exemplar area you will encounter him. He is so pissed that he will want to fight. At that point you will have no choice but to fight him and his retinue. You can defeat him, or, run and let him suffer his state of anger.

Snafaru

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
There are 4 endings in Version 3:

The Flying Saucer Express Ending
The Infinity Slumber Ending
The Lost and Found Barrel Ending
The Moon Abyss Delivery Crate Ending

Concerning Ahriman (whom you can find in Robert E. Howard's Conan stories): There is no ending as per say, but if you have foiled his plans, then every time you walk around the Dominion Exemplar area you will encounter him. He is so pissed that he will want to fight. At that point you will have no choice but to fight him and his retinue. You can defeat him, or, run and let him suffer his state of anger.

Snafaru

I decided just a couple months before release in 2017 I did not want Grimoire defined by the epic climactic battle with the big villain. I took the Ahriman defeated ending out altogether, although he does appear near one of the other endings. I liked to think Grimoire is whimsical even in the end and eschewed the regular "BEHOLDER BATTLE" formula to "win" the game.

I also made some changes in the last few weeks to make Ahriman a sort of comically inept character, where he sputters with rage etc. continuously. It reminded me of Max Phipps.

Sascha66

Barely Literate
Hello Community!

I just don't find a way to cross the lava in titan mines. All the time i get consumed by inferno. Can anybody give me a hint, please?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Hello Community!

I just don't find a way to cross the lava in titan mines. All the time i get consumed by inferno. Can anybody give me a hint, please?

From what I remember, there are boots against fire damage and you can also cast fire protection spells, as well as heal everyone every couple steps.

amb

Novice
5Lo4ZYZ.jpg

F5Sw3B0.jpg

VInf1cm.jpg

So, uh, about the itch.io version...
Cleve, JUST.

Snafaru

Educated
Hello everyone.

Here are some of the things I like about Grimoire, there is more than this, but this comes to mind:

- The artwork : this is what I like the most.

- The humour.

- The engaging and endearing NPC’s.

- Neat monsters : like the Reaver with the gremlin on his shoulder shooting arrows at you.

- “Living” details : like “Above the flame there is a skewer of goat slowly cooking to perfection”.

- The most epic spell of all : Crushing Hand… nothing, imho, represents old school rpg more than this.

- Details : Like when a character is blind, then the option to “look” is a blind eye.

- Fun stuff to do : like busting all the eggs of the spider monster… kinda of a vengeance on all the bad things in life, bam… yeah… bam… take that… bam…

- Pathwalking : couldn’t live without it.

- The interface: I have no problems with the interface whatsoever, if I need a sequence of spells (like protection spells) from different characters to be cast over and over I use a mouse click recorder/player.

- The puzzles : not too easy, not too hard, perfect, unlike many other games which have nearly impossible puzzles.

- Items : lots of items, and well, you know, I did a spreadsheet of all the items and them stats, so yes I liked the tedious process of compiling it all, it was hard work, but fun for me. And count in the great artwork on the items and the efforts in giving us great descriptions to read about the items.

Snafaru

Snafaru

Educated
Hello Community!

From what I remember, there are boots against fire damage and you can also cast fire protection spells, as well as heal everyone every couple steps.

And there is a spell you can acquire to recharge them boots!

Snafaru

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So I finally decided to check what the fuss was about. Bought the game from GOG. Managed to put the kid to sleep. Plugged in my earphones not to disturb him. Pressed the 'Play' icon.

The game decided to ignore the earphones and started blasting some trumpet tune from the laptop speakers.

:salute:

Elwro

Arcane
I hit a Hummingbird in its thorax. Good times!

But I have a question. The game says it runs in 1920x1080, and yet it occupies roughly 1/4 (a little bit more) of my 1920x1080 screen. Full screen or no full screen. In other words, I can't see shit. Is this intentional trolling and some other option like 1024x768 will actually display 1920x1080?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I recommend playing windowed, but if you do 1024x768 it will actually stretch to fill the screen. This fucks with my browser positioning when I close the game though. I think it just wants a 4x3 resolution.

Elwro

Arcane
Well, on windowed I cannot read any text in the game. I will try the mysterious stretching options.

But seriously, no way for the audio to go out the earphone jack?

Naharcito

Novice
Holy hell. The bandits in the starting forest make a sound that is fucking obnoxious and enervating. Are the sound effects this bad for the whole game? I'm seriously considering turning the game down just for this. Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Holy hell. The bandits in the starting forest make a sound that is fucking obnoxious and enervating. Are the sound effects this bad for the whole game? I'm seriously considering turning the game down just for this. Jesus Christ.

If you can't handle the heat, go back to assfucking your sister in Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Naharcito

Novice

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom