Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'll take anything as long as there's none of this fucking shit

Midori.jpg

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I'll take anything as long as there's none of this fucking shit

Midori.jpg

You clearly doesn't appreciate the power of love brought by Magical Girl Dolly✰✰ and her comrade in battle against Evil ✰✰Magical Warrior Black Frost

grimace

Arcane
New information from Gematsu.
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/shin-megami-tensei-v-details-story-characters-25-minutes-of-gameplay
Mostly stuff we already know, the new thing is that Atlus will start publishing daily videos introducing demons appearing in the game until 214 are introduced. Which means that there are at least that many demons in the game, probably a bit more since they wouldn't want to spoil all the demons prior to the game release.

So by the time SMT5 comes out they have had revealed every demon, right? Except maybe the final boss? It just feels weird how modern era devs just spill the beans on their entire game before it's released so there ends up being very little in the way of surprises.

Here's hoping there are some things left unrevealed and unspoiled. I'll probably avoid all the promo stuff until I read a review after the game is released.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Mermaid time. Really like her.. Her sad expression , weird connected legs turning into a tail..coral to hide her breasts , on her tail and arms , etc Doi's top 3 design :M

hackncrazy

Savant
Are they going to make demon negotiations something decent or is it going to be the same RNG fast as always?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Are they going to make demon negotiations something decent or is it going to be the same RNG fast as always?

They really could have improved that but I am not seeing it...

Still, since the other games were still excellent, I will survive this one as well if the rest is good.

hackncrazy

Savant

They really could have improved that but I am not seeing it...

Still, since the other games were still excellent, I will survive this one as well if the rest is good.

Well, I'm still going to play it as well, but it's annoying how the same negotiation with the same demon requiring the same item can make he join your group and love you or attack you instantly.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You're supposed to take negotiation skills if the RNG bothers you. That's why they exist.
Negotiation skills don't help with RNG, they just increase rewards if you get good RNG.
What are you doing in this thread if you know nothing about the games? Are you really that addicted to looking like a giant retard? There are multiple skills in SMT3 that increase your chances (Brainwash, Beseech, Charisma, Woo, Seduce, Nag, Flatter, Intimidate, etc.). SMT4A has the Threatening Aura app. SMT4 didn't but it did have the Scout App that forced other demons to be recruited if you succeeded at one.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
You're supposed to take negotiation skills if the RNG bothers you. That's why they exist.
Negotiation skills don't help with RNG, they just increase rewards if you get good RNG.
What are you doing in this thread if you know nothing about the games? Are you really that addicted to looking like a giant retard? There are multiple skills in SMT3 that increase your chances (Brainwash, Beseech, Charisma, Woo, Seduce, Nag, Flatter, Intimidate, etc.). SMT4A has the Threatening Aura app. SMT4 didn't but it did have the Scout App that forced other demons to be recruited if you succeeded at one.
Ok so what I take from this is that you've never actually played any of these games, you just wikipedia'd talk skills like a retard. I expected it, but thanks for confirming it.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

They actually do help a lot with RNG. What the heck are you talking about? Nocturne alone has a lot of neogatation skills that help you tremendously with recruitment RNG.

Tigranes

Arcane
I always thought in Nocturne the deal was that you can use skills for other kinds of bonuses (e.g. give you a second chance after refusing a demand), but there's a separate question of whether the actual conversation and the demon's questions make any sense - I thought that was always just a random 50/50, and e.g. it's not like a Pixie is more receptive to playful answers.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom