Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games like Age of Empire with bigger scale, suggestions?

Mazisky

Magister
Something like Civilization with more combat or Age of Empires with bigger scale\world. Historical or Fantasy

L'ennui

Magister
Yeah Rise of Nations seems like the most obvious contender. As a bonus, it's a very, very good game.

For something different and a bit closer to grand strategy but still sprinkled with fairy RTS dust, give the Hegemony series a shot.

Mazisky

Magister
Yeah Rise of Nations seems like the most obvious contender. As a bonus, it's a very, very good game.

For something different and a bit closer to grand strategy but still sprinkled with fairy RTS dust, give the Hegemony series a shot.

Too bad I don't like the Roman setting, because the game looks great. The seamless transition from the world map to battleground is fantastic

L'ennui

Magister
It also does logistics very well for a relatively approachable game. I think the very first title is set in ancient Greece and not Rome, if that makes any difference.

deama

Prophet
I've actually been looking for something similar, I've been looking for something like a stronghold + civilisations without the shitty 4x.

Closest I could find were custom maps for warcraft 3; I think they were labeled "RISK" or something? I remember one of them being a gigantic map of azeroth + outlands and it supported like 12 players, sadly you couldn't build structures (it was about capturing already existing cities/towns), but it featured realtime combat like age of empires or normal warcraft 3; was a great time but not sure if warcraft 3 custom maps are that active these days, especially after that shitty update that just ruined everyone's hype/taste and broke several custom maps.

Other than that, there's sadly nothing like that, on a grand age of empire-esq scale that allows you to free build buildings and has a traditional RTS feel to it; been trying to find something for years on this, but alas...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom