Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
this is sort of thing that id expect to see on front page, seem to have way too low visibility so far. Darth Roxor ?

Elytharas

Novice
Well, shit. I just had a hankerin' to install this game again a couple of days ago. I thought something was amiss when I got the "Cannot connect to UbiSoft servers" messages, and couldn't register the DLC or added items. Someone mentioned GOG above, but I'd have to assume the GOG version would have the same issues, *IF* it was on GOG (I don't see it on there anywhere during a search). Kinda makes ya not want to buy UbiSoft products in the future, I guess. What a fucking stupid thing for them to do, no matter how poorly the game sold.

Adenocaulon

Educated
The third party drm ruined the reputation of the game in Steam. Clearly Ubisoft does not understand how to handle more "niche" games, preventing any chance on success from the beggining because of annoyances. It seem that they do not even care that "their" games avalaible in GOG are some of the bestsellers of the platform, and no drm releases should be the best way to sell some of their franchises that are not Assasin's Creed or Far Cry.

DaveO

Erudite
It's pretty clear Ubisoft does not care about either Might and Magic or Heroes of Might and Magic for that matter. If they did, they would have fixed the seventh entry. Their attitude is to let stuff lapse and sucker buyers into the new bling that will also have either heavily restrictive DRM and/or limited support and then they pull out the rug just like for MMX.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I remember when MMX was coming out and people were understandably upset about the fact that it needed Uplay, while the developers kept going 'plz plz don't pirate our game come on guys everything will be totes fine with the DRM.' Guess it didn't turn out very fine after all.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As a MMX shill I have to say that you need to separate the game from the publisher. There have always been good games shakeled behind awful DRM. That is what piracy is for.
Just be glad that it is possible to still play the game in such cases. The real tragedies are games like Tribes, Battleforge or even the Spore back and Slash. Those games have been killed forever.

And calling MMX the worst MM when 9 exists is just silly. Sure it is marred by all the decline modern gaming had to offer (horrible DRM, unity, ubification of the lore and magic system, overly long tutorial) but the is none the less a genuinely good game underneath it all. And you can tell that at least the Devs cared and tried to make the best of it even with all the constraints.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
MMX has the best combat in the series, though. It's a good game once you get past the terrible Ashan setting.

jackofshadows

Magister
He probably just got filtered.

There's an old workaround which pirates were using back on release, it allegedly works now as well once servers went offline.

Open \Might and Magic X Legacy\Might and Magic X\ Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LevDialog.xml and delete "all four strings"
<condition xsi:type="PrivilegeUnlockedCondition" privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED" />

After that, the bridge will be still collapsed but it might be possible to travel via stables further.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Because IX is just grossly unfinished. Apples and oranges.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
There's an old workaround which pirates were using back on release, it allegedly works now as well once servers went offline.

Open \Might and Magic X Legacy\Might and Magic X\ Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LevDialog.xml and delete "all four strings"
<condition xsi:type="PrivilegeUnlockedCondition" privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED" />

After that, the bridge will be still collapsed but it might be possible to travel via stables further.
Even pirates have to use a workaround? That's some shitty invasive DRM in that case.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But it is not a good game,it is worst than MM IX lol. Only dumb millennial retards could like it.
Great argument. If anything a big part of the reason I enjoyed MMX was that it went back to the proper blobber style of 1-5, instead of the rtwp hybrid style of the new games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
But it is not a good game,it is worst than MM IX lol. Only dumb millennial retards could like it.
Great argument. If anything a big part of the reason I enjoyed MMX was that it went back to the proper blobber style of 1-5, instead of the rtwp hybrid style of the new games.
It have nothing to do with older MMs lol,clearly you haven't played them. That is why i think people that like the game are posers and retards. Old games were all about that free exploration and wonder of finding new shit. Here it was linear garbage with overbalanced levelling system where you had to kill and do everything in the last zone so you would be able to scale to the enemy in the new zone. Also that system of XP where you just lost it if the hero was under some type of condition,was beyond retarded. Oh and ran like shit.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
That is complete bullshit. Either you only played the tutorial or you are just retarded. The game opens up completely and you can do stuff in any order you like. Of course there are a handful of areas which are blocked off by stronger monsters. But you know what? That is as it should be and is one of the gameplay elements that is most faithful to the old MM games!
How can you complain about that and pretend to be Mr oldschool?
Otherwise the game was never so hard that you had to clear everything or grind to progress (is MM not Wizardry). And losing out on xp when your chars are dead or incapacitated isn't exactly new as well.
As for the games performance on gypsy potatoes, there I believe you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That is complete bullshit. Either you only played the tutorial or you are just retarded. The game opens up completely and you can do stuff in any order you like. Of course there are a handful of areas which are blocked off by stronger monsters. But you know what? That is as it should be and is one of the gameplay elements that is most faithful to the old MM games!
How can you complain about that and pretend to be Mr oldschool?
Otherwise the game was never so hard that you had to clear everything or grind to progress (is MM not Wizardry). And losing out on xp when your chars are dead or incapacitated isn't exactly new as well.
As for the games performance on gypsy potatoes, there I believe you.
Fuck off you lying cunt,have no interest continuing this delusional conversation with you.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey. Does anyone here have a save game from the end of act 1 of MMX Legacy that would allow to show the inability to proceed to act 2 (blocked bridge, etc.)?

(Ubisoft Support requested this.)

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Who cares, just get the pirate version that works all the way through to the end

Before anybody complains about piracy, I have the boxed version, I just prefer to also have one that actually works and doesn't just look nice collecting dust

Last edited:

Brozef

Savant
Patron

Any experiences with the game? Information in the threat is pretty sparse and it honestly doesn't look too promising.

Hey. Does anyone here have a save game from the end of act 1 of MMX Legacy that would allow to show the inability to proceed to act 2 (blocked bridge, etc.)?
There is a workaround on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/discussions/0/3115908865100513179/

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Any experiences with the game? Information in the threat is pretty sparse and it honestly doesn't look too promising.

There is a workaround on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/discussions/0/3115908865100513179/

I would imagine he's been asked for a save by Ubisoft support so they can see the issue and that it's real and decide whether or not to actually do anything about it instead of telling him to uninstall mods or w/e.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually reinstalled it (which was surprisingly a pain in the ass to get it working properly between Steam and Ubisoft Connect), found that I couldn't activate any of the deluxe edition DLCs, working on verifying the wagon thing to send in my own ticket if necessary. It's at least possible they'll try and fix this if it was unintended.

DaveO

Erudite
Don't delude yourself in a false hope that Ubisoft will fix anything. They pulled other servers besides the MMX one and they don't have a care in the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom