Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

jackofshadows

Magister
take a quick look at my build and let me know if there's any way i can pull it off? it's kind of a mish-mash but maybe, just maybe it can work? thanks!! <3
I assume it's normal so of course it can. Just buy molotovs, bear traps, a decent riot armor or tactical west and a SMG I think as a gun. There. Problem is, you're raising chemistry, not even before but instead of throwing to actually throw molotovs or other grenades... If you'll start over - drop dodge, chemistry and traps for sure. Thought control is a neat choice for a hybrid but before getting locust of control it is next to useless. And you need 10 will for that feat... Bottom line - yes you can 100% get through Depot A but better to start over to avoid angst.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I assume it's normal so of course it can. Just buy molotovs, bear traps, a decent riot armor or tactical west and a SMG I think as a gun. There. Problem is, you're raising chemistry, not even before but instead of throwing to actually throw molotovs or other grenades... If you'll start over - drop dodge, chemistry and traps for sure. Thought control is a neat choice for a hybrid but before getting locust of control it is next to useless. And you need 10 will for that feat... Bottom line - yes you can 100% get through Depot A but better to start over to avoid angst.

it's on Hard, heh. I can focus more on Throwing next level to get a decent throwable item skill. Thing is, I can use Sprint to hopefully drop out of combat and lay traps, and i'm stocking up on consumables like grenades and molotovs. I could also focus on Guns a bit more and not so much on the other out of combat stuff. Please tell me there's a chance because i really don't want to restart, heh. Thanks a bunch! <3

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Hey guys! it's been awhile. I haven't played underrail in a bit but I planned on continuing my save again. I have a doubt, though, and that is that i don't think my character is going to be good enough to survive Depot A. Can you guys take a look at this video, at the 44:15 mark, take a quick look at my build and let me know if there's any way i can pull it off? it's kind of a mish-mash but maybe, just maybe it can work? thanks!! <3

Jesus dude you are already on episode 13 and you haven't reached Depot A yet? How many years do you plan on playing?

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Jesus dude you are already on episode 13 and you haven't reached Depot A yet? How many years do you plan on playing?

that includes a restart on Hard half-way in. :P so technically it's several episodes of a blind LP that was cut short then restarted on Hard. I'm also a slower player. :lol:

jackofshadows

Magister
I can focus more on Throwing next level to get a decent throwable item skill. Thing is, I can use Sprint to hopefully drop out of combat and lay traps, and i'm stocking up on consumables like grenades and molotovs. I could also focus on Guns a bit more and not so much on the other out of combat stuff. Please tell me there's a chance because i really don't want to restart, heh. Thanks a bunch! <3
Yes, raise throwing because you will not make it through without it (or stealth). You cannot "drop out" of combat without stealth, forget about it. All traps should be placed beforehand. You could take quick tinkering but now is better to focus on damage increasing feats since you already took bunch of worthless shit. You need damage, yes: raise guns, get guns, throwing and traps will get you through. Don't hang up on TC too but I'm not sure you'll be able to allocate points for it next few levels. Next damage increase threshold of neural overload is on 50 effective skill but that will do fuck all for you I think.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Yes, raise throwing because you will not make it through without it (or stealth). You cannot "drop out" of combat without stealth, forget about it. All traps should be placed beforehand. You could take quick tinkering but now is better to focus on damage increasing feats since you already took bunch of worthless shit. You need damage, yes: raise guns, get guns, throwing and traps will get you through. Don't hang up on TC too but I'm not sure you'll be able to allocate points for it next few levels. Next damage increase threshold of neural overload is on 50 effective skill but that will do fuck all for you I think.

sounds good! i'm on it. thanks, man! :)

CHEMS

Scholar
Hey guys! it's been awhile. I haven't played underrail in a bit but I planned on continuing my save again. I have a doubt, though, and that is that i don't think my character is going to be good enough to survive Depot A. Can you guys take a look at this video, at the 44:15 mark, take a quick look at my build and let me know if there's any way i can pull it off? it's kind of a mish-mash but maybe, just maybe it can work? thanks!! <3

If you're gonna use pistols, you better ditch AGI and go for DEX to get more shots per turn. Also that 1 point on consitution won't do you any good.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If you're gonna use pistols, you better ditch AGI and go for DEX to get more shots per turn. Also that 1 point on consitution won't do you any good.

I see! thank u for showing me the way. :) I obviously was just winging it based on the info in the game i could suss out. So, hopefully it's not broken enough to stop progress completely, heh. Thanks again! :) <3

Trashos

Arcane
You are in for a world of hurt with that build on Hard, and I would not advise continuing if you are planning to finish the playthrough. Start with something more focused.

Sykar

Arcane
General mantra in all cRPGs, be good and focused in a particular area. It is possible to make well rounded/jack of many trades builds but in most games those requre SOME meta knowledge at least.
For good measure I say that as someone who went trough 5-6 iterations for my back then on Hard difficulty full PSI/Sniper Hybrid where I initially went without any crafting for example since I had no idea how much better crafting is than most gear you can find or buy.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm actually liking the Dominating balance with only a fourth of selling item price. It's no longer possible to cheese the system by crafting with bought parts all the while earning a profit. I'm at mid game (prior to institute, protectorate quests, Core City faction) and have no pile of loot at all. I can only afford to buy what I actually have to own.

Also, Styg should add durability to energy shields. For the butthurt alone.

Also, Versatility-based SMGs are totally viable. They have a reduced perk range, but increased damage and accuracy make up for it. This also gives more breathing room with regard to perk selection.

Knifegaf

Novice
General mantra in all cRPGs, be good and focused in a particular area. It is possible to make well rounded/jack of many trades builds but in most games those requre SOME meta knowledge at least.
For good measure I say that as someone who went trough 5-6 iterations for my back then on Hard difficulty full PSI/Sniper Hybrid where I initially went without any crafting for example since I had no idea how much better crafting is than most gear you can find or buy.
Sniper without crafting couldn’t have been a fun experience

Tygrende

Arbiter
I'm actually liking the Dominating balance with only a fourth of selling item price. It's no longer possible to cheese the system by crafting with bought parts all the while earning a profit. I'm at mid game (prior to institute, protectorate quests, Core City faction) and have no pile of loot at all. I can only afford to buy what I actually have to own.
It makes resource management meaningful, adds value to mercantile and makes quest rewards more attractive. It fixes most of the typical problems RPG economies have. It's not too ridiculous either - you can still clear merchants of all their money just fine, you just won't be doing it very often. You still get filthy rich by the end of the game if you know what you're doing. There's nothing wrong with it, at all.

Also, Versatility-based SMGs are totally viable. They have a reduced perk range, but increased damage and accuracy make up for it. This also gives more breathing room with regard to perk selection.
It's not only viable, it's stronger than DEX/PER split by the end of the game. Weaker early, but eventually becomes stronger.

CHEMS

Scholar
It's not only viable, it's stronger than DEX/PER split by the end of the game. Weaker early, but eventually becomes stronger.

It's a monster of a build, even without full auto. The only drawback is the absurd amount of ammo you'll need.

Knifegaf

Novice

It's a monster of a build, even without full auto. The only drawback is the absurd amount of ammo you'll need.
All that Dex means a small investment in PP will go a long way. If you go for full auto you can use everything in between 5MM and 9MM

Sykar

Arcane
Sniper without crafting couldn’t have been a fun experience

Well I did not know until I tried crafting. You can try it yourself with the Dragunov into Deep Caverns. Have fun!
:troll:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Going to finally finish this game. Make a Cave Jedi. Play on Hard/Oddity. Get to Depot A.

No two-headed mutant.

Why go on.:negative:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Going to finally finish this game. Make a Cave Jedi. Play on Hard/Oddity. Get to Depot A.

No two-headed mutant.

1500 hours in and haven’t seen it once. Pretty convinced it doesn’t exist and it’s an inside joke with the community

I wish that was true but I've killed him multiple times. I feel like his chance of appearing has been drastically reduced but that may just be the RNG kicking me in the balls.

ciox

Liturgist
Two-headed mutant seems designed to reward characters that can handle Depot A without retreating from battle.

Every time you enter an area in Depot A and leave before exploring the whole map and clearing every enemy, there's a chance that ol' two-heads was in there somewhere, and will now despawn and be gone forever.

Obviously this means that even stumbling in there by mistake and quickly leaving, could lead to a permanent despawn.

jackofshadows

Magister
Obviously this means that even stumbling in there by mistake and quickly leaving, could lead to a permanent despawn.
Wasn't it 20 min event or something like that? I like to crawl around Depot A sometimes for better positioning. At any rate, I did check my recent (lost saves prior to that) 4 characters and none of them has it, even a can who roflstompted the whole area.

CHEMS

Scholar

No two-headed mutant.

1500 hours in and haven’t seen it once. Pretty convinced it doesn’t exist and it’s an inside joke with the community

It appeared for me once in a playthrough the first time i went in Depot A. I had to flee to the other area and it despawned. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom