Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

Sentinel

Arcane
Does anyone have a link to the lawsuit petition?

revani

Novice
Alright, who wants to bet someone will call Chris Avellone on Monday first thing in the morning to clear things up about what's coming next, hoping to grab him for their next project before someone else does? Being a pussy about SJW backlash is one thing, but surely they can't be stupid enough to not give him a call. I'd call today.

Or maybe, people who know the guy already talked with him
:ziets:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Also, you gotta appreciate white male making a black woman his proverbial bitch, a scene like this wouldn't happen in current clown world.
Guys, we should preferably make less comments like this, cause Cuntrissa will use it to portray herself a victim of literally KKK to gain sympathy AND MONEY to fight Chris in court, which will in turn drain Avellone's own bank account.

Don't do it for now. We can celebrate with Hitler memes later.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
If I can confirm the court and/or locality MCA filed in, we may be able to get copies. At least in my state, the Court filings are open to the public, however, you have to pay for copies.

Checking the California state website now for record of the filing.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
If I can confirm the court and/or locality MCA filed in, we may be able to get copies. At least in my state, the Court filings are open to the public, however, you have to pay for copies.
Some dude posted this earlier
https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la23-c...vs-karissa-an-individual-barrows-et-al-702893
Downloading and reading now. Thanks!

Edit: Have to make an account. One more hurdle.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some dude posted this earlier
https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la23-c...vs-karissa-an-individual-barrows-et-al-702893
Downloading and reading now. Thanks!
What, just you? :rpgcodex:

Maxie

Too little too late, nobody cares anymore as the vermin already took their pound of flesh.
The court will care because it will have to deal with the lawsuit. Though if Chris wins, and is vindicated, I think he'll still have trouble getting a job - but that's more to do with the entire industry turning to shit and the wokeism that's burning down America right now. He is still a straight white male after all.

Still, a solid victory might bring a bit of normalcy back and stop the "death by Twitter" band-wagoning.

hope he loses in court
You will never post in shoutbox again.

Consider your shoutboxing privileges... cancelled. :smug:
You on the other hand will never not be physically addicted to psychotherapist drugs
I'd argue I fare better

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
By the way, you gotta appreciate the timing. She did it on a Friday. He does it on a Friday right back. Good luck finding a lawyer on the weekend.

I'm just worried about the statute of limitation. It expired in March. If he gets rejected in court on the grounds of statute of limitation, we'll never hear the end of it. Cuntrissa will claim the courts sided with her.
If an attorney filed the claim, then I suspect they were within the statute of limitations. Otherwise, if the attorney filed a claim barred by law that could lead to a complaint/reprimand (taking money from a client for an impossible case; causing the defendant to incur costs/embarrassment in an impossible case). MCA's attorney would either have to be crooked or a greenhorn, and Neville Johnson's website looked legit.

Oberon

Learned
He's already been cancelled.

He's a white heterosexual male.

He's wasting his breath. He should have stood up for himself the moment this happened and told the crazy bitches to go fuck themselves with their smears and lies.
lmao no dude
People love seeing cancel victims tell these harpies off, and twatter psychos can't reeeesist having a shit fit when their authority is challenged.
This will open shit up all over again, hit-pieces will be written, people will stand in solidarity behind Chris, and a bunch of losers who don't even play RPGs will be outraged. Streisand effect incoming.

I wonder if the recent case with the Factorio dev inspired him to cross the Rubicon? It sounds like he has been preparing for a while.

Chris, if you are reading this, real RPG fans love and support you, and reasonable people know that these days these false accusations happen all the time. If I see people spreading smears about you online I'll calmly refute them.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
3d284cd9afbf4c168eb4af24a9019c98.png

That celebration didn't last long.

Raapys

Arcane
Presumably doing it this late means he can show actual damages too, not just potential future loss of income. Hopefully these chicks end up indebted to him for the rest of their lives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom