Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Downloading and reading now. Thanks!

Edit: Have to make an account. One more hurdle.
MNmJ1B4.png

Anyone here willing to pay up?
Give me 5 minutes.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Chris's epic comeback reminded me of this:

Also, you gotta appreciate white male making a black woman his proverbial bitch, a scene like this wouldn't happen in current clown world.

Chris's comeback was more like that to me:

That might be true once we see them crying and begging for help, for now he's only sued them and it's only a start just before true action begins.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
What is the best way to upload this for you gentlemen to read?

The complaint itself is 18 pages, with the remainder being the exhibits. The exhibits are all the resulting game "journalist" articles. It also uses a reddit post.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, I was wondering if this meant what I thought it meant when reading Avellone's response:

A long list of digital evidence and witness testimony has been compiled over the past year. With that in hand, I filed a formal response last week, not to silence Karissa and Kelly, but to encourage them to speak more.

And I guess it did. "Encourage them to speak more," you magnificent bastard :lol:

The Jester

Cipher
Too little too late, nobody cares anymore as the vermin already took their pound of flesh.
The court will care because it will have to deal with the lawsuit. Though if Chris wins, and is vindicated, I think he'll still have trouble getting a job - but that's more to do with the entire industry turning to shit and the wokeism that's burning down America right now. He is still a straight white male after all.

Still, a solid victory might bring a bit of normalcy back and stop the "death by Twitter" band-wagoning.

hope he loses in court
You will never post in shoutbox again.

Consider your shoutboxing privileges... cancelled. :smug:
You on the other hand will never not be physically addicted to psychotherapist drugs
I'd argue I fare better
You will never be a dog.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Holy fuck, I bet MCA planned this from the beginning. He waited out the 1 year to accumulate the most financial damage caused by this, then sued the bitches to hell and back. Our boy played the long play.

Just when you think he's a storyfag, he comes up with best metagaming ploy of all time.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I think rather than filing a lawsuit, Avallone should have simply tweeted "Bitches be crazy" and left it at that.

Maybe he did the Shining and wrote that line on repeat for 94 pages.

No jury in the land would convict based on that compelling evidence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom