Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had all but given up on this drama. Sad to see they nearly succeeded at Holowka-ing him, glad MCA lawyered up instead. This seems like scorched earth though, he's going to lose money taking them to court. He may be vindicated, but doubtless the narrative will shift to 'sex predator uses court to further victimize his victims'. Gonna have to wait till Monday for the counter-suit and things won't get really spicy until DU is subpoenaed again.

If Chris really wanted to impress me he would have also dropped his Arcanum lp on Youtube
rating_shittydog.gif
rating_shittydog.gif
rating_shittydog.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane
Holy fuck, I bet MCA planned this from the beginning. He waited out the 1 year to accumulate the most financial damage caused by this, then sued the bitches to hell and back. Our boy played the long play.
While possible, winning in court is only half the battle and collecting on a judgment can be easier said than done. Neither defendant seems to be financially successful and/or capable of paying much.
It'll still be pretty funny for these people to have a judgment against them and destroy their credit for life.
While true, Avellone has to pay his attorney out of pocket. Delterius is right that there is a moral victory, but paying an attorney $10,000 - $20,000 to secure it kind of sucks.

He's probably lost way more than that in his career flame-out. This is why his actions are kind of dumb from a self-interest perspective--if he had done this originally it probably would have projected an image that the accusations weren't ip-so-facto correct and some of his employers would have kept him on. There's your cost of living in a leftist bubble, you really believe the nonsense to the point you self-suicide your own career. All the "enlightened" approach of "letting everyone have their say" does is say to the world, "Yes, I'm guilty".
I dont think this was a 4D chess move from Chris, based on his twitter and how he frequently collaborated with those soon to be traitors, he really drunk the coolaid and because he was one of them, he believed they would be reasonable, they would be reasonable and then the thing would die off with things returning to normality, he is doing it now because he finally realized what we know since forever, those people are full of ill intent, it is striking back or having his entire career compromised.

Codex Year of the Donut
Holy fuck, I bet MCA planned this from the beginning. He waited out the 1 year to accumulate the most financial damage caused by this, then sued the bitches to hell and back. Our boy played the long play.
While possible, winning in court is only half the battle and collecting on a judgment can be easier said than done. Neither defendant seems to be financially successful and/or capable of paying much.
It'll still be pretty funny for these people to have a judgment against them and destroy their credit for life.
While true, Avellone has to pay his attorney out of pocket. Delterius is right that there is a moral victory, but paying an attorney $10,000 - $20,000 to secure it kind of sucks.

He's probably lost way more than that in his career flame-out. This is why his actions are kind of dumb from a self-interest perspective--if he had done this originally it probably would have projected an image that the accusations weren't ip-so-facto correct and some of his employers would have kept him on. There's your cost of living in a leftist bubble, you really believe the nonsense to the point you self-suicide your own career. All the "enlightened" approach of "letting everyone have their say" does is say to the world, "Yes, I'm guilty".
I dont think this was a 4D chess move from Chris, based on his twitter and how he frequently collaborated with those soon to be traitors, he really drunk the coolaid and because he was one of them, he believed they would be reasonable, they would be reasonable and then the thing would die off with things returning to normality, he is doing it now because he finally realized what we know since forever, those people are full of ill intent, it is striking back or having his entire career compromised.
This is even in one of his tweets, the assumption that they were being fair and deserved to be heard. It took him a long time to realize that they didn't actually care about him in the least.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

This is even in one of his tweets, the assumption that they were being fair and deserved to be heard. It took him a long time to realize that they didn't actually care about him in the least.

"simps finna simp" as the kids say these days

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine

Chris "Machiavelli" Avellone strikes back. :)

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yes, as always, this isnt a case of cancelling mobs forming out of their own to hunt witches, it is always those game "journalist" types that take a story and do a ritual of public shaming based on lies to get the retarded cancelling mob into a frenzy, there is also a network of twitter activists that once a new "story" blow up, they do coordinate campaigns many times making the fake news even worse creating a telephone game effect on purpose so the impact is the biggest it can be.

Chris Avellone is a well known writer on certain niches on game development but he isnt a wide industry known figure like Kojima, the only way those cancelling mobs formed so fast is that there is a whole structure made by game "journalists" and professional activists that hunt for those stories and live of feeding the mob, their whole careers is being professional twitter witch hunters, the more famous the victim, the more notoriety they get. No, suing those tards into oblivion for replicating bullshit isnt doing cancel culture.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Too little too late, nobody cares anymore as the vermin already took their pound of flesh.
The court will care because it will have to deal with the lawsuit. Though if Chris wins, and is vindicated, I think he'll still have trouble getting a job - but that's more to do with the entire industry turning to shit and the wokeism that's burning down America right now. He is still a straight white male after all.

Still, a solid victory might bring a bit of normalcy back and stop the "death by Twitter" band-wagoning.

I will be cheering for MCA to win the court case and clears his name but I just dont get why he waited this much to respond and let the SJWs to wave his scalp for so long.

Im sure this whole drama of destroying a established and respected developer on basis of just words of random women intimidated people in the industry and allowed SJWs to get even more entrenched.

Unless he sues bunch of journalists and gets a big payday I doubt this will change anything.

Hopefully Im wrong resulting in MCA clears his name and starts a purge of the SJW in the industry.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's funny we were all praising Average Joe for threatening with a law suit, and the shrew who slandered simply went: "I'm going to take a break from Twitter for a while, starting now", but now Christopher (will take a while to get used to that one) spins around and slaps with the might of a thousand suns, one year later.

This suit seems to have a decent lawyer behind it. It's no walk in the park. I almost feel sorry for Karissa. Almost.

eilef

Educated
A year late, but better than nothing. Good on Chris for standing up for himself.

I wonder if they will play “Exoneration” video from David in the trial. Imagine that :dealwithit:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom