Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

jungl

Augur
lol funny stuff. That karissa person reminds me of someone that tried to get my friend and his wife careers ruined. Weird when middle age women are the most real life evil people you meet.

Women that drink and go to cons are the biggest red flags to a man with a professional career. If all of these events happened after #metoo became popular you should be having major goose bumps if you are hanging out with this crowd if you are a dude.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Women that drink and go to cons are the biggest red flags to a man with a professional career.

Even in the 90s it was known that you don't hook up at cons - the worst form of "con crud" is bipedal and goes around preying on the productive members of society. Sign your autograph and have them move on.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
A simple yes or no question: Did you have any contact with him this past year?

Yes, thankfully.

Let's try not derail the thread with mine or Chris' personal life, let's keep it focused on the story.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes, thankfully.

Let's try not derail the thread with mine or Chris' personal life, let's keep it focused on the story.
Oh, I promise you that I don't have any intention to do that.

I'm just seeing people come forward now, and either say they support him or one should wait before judging someone. But they stayed silent back then

You're a cool bro, and I have nothing against you.

Black

Arcane
I place more blame on the gaming journalists who threw Chris under the buss with no fucking proof. They did more damage than some cunt with a few followers. They gave her publicity and exposure and torpedoed Avellone's career.

What, journalists making shit up? IMPOSSIBRU!

That's not good, the faggot apparently wrote for sarna.net, your site for battletech cravings.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yes, thankfully.

Exactly. Let's talk about Diablo IV's development instead. Any insider info on that Anthony? ;)

Bara

Arcane
Well its nice that Avellone finally started to defend himself. Also saw Avellones accusers have protected their twitters but thankfully David Cernat probably has archived everything of any importance already.

So to you David I say damn your efforts were worth it with Chris finally getting off his bum. I salute thee.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Well its nice that Avellone finally started to defend himself. Also saw Avellones accusers have protected their twitters but thankfully David Cernat probably has archived everything of any importance already.

So to you David I say damn your efforts were worth it with Chris finally getting off his bum. I salute thee.

Still waiting on David Cernat to come in here doing the "I told you so" victory dance.

TumblingTorin

Educated
I wish Chris the best. I hoped that Chris reevaluated a lot of his previous beliefs since it kept him from fighting back for so long. I seen several people who even after being cancelled still try to cling to the mob.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
He's already been cancelled.

He's a white heterosexual male.

He's wasting his breath. He should have stood up for himself the moment this happened and told the crazy bitches to go fuck themselves with their smears and lies.

To be fair in the current video game industry his protestations of innocence would have meant nothing, but at least he's doing this now for his own self-respect.

while I appreciate Chris's 'long game' and wish him all the best in taking down both the harpies and the 'journalists' who smeared him...

there are two heroes here that need acknowledging:

David Cernat - our own weaponised autist found a cause and that was it; total commitment and dedication to a seemingly lost cause. As a fellow codexian I can understand and respect that. Sir, you are a real gentleman and I would go over the top with you any day..

The Codex - we should be justifiably proud of our support for Chris during this time. Sure, it's not 100% support, nothing ever is, but the majority here recognised the injustice of it all and came out firing. It's like the old saying; you know who your friends are when you are up shit creek.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
while I appreciate Chris's 'long game' and wish him all the best in taking down both the harpies and the 'journalists' who smeared him...

David Cernat - our own weaponised autist found a cause and that was it; total commitment and dedication to a seemingly lost cause. As a fellow codexian I can understand and respect that. Sir, you are a real gentleman and I would go over the top with you any day..

The Codex - we should be justifiably proud of our support for Chris during this time. Sure, it's not 100% support, nothing ever is, but the majority here recognised the injustice of it all and came out firing. It's like the old saying; you know who your friends are when you are up shit creek.

I applaud your applauding us for tentatively supporting Chris, in spirit, and we do indeed deserve recognition for that feat!

It's not easy giving often lukewarm and ambivalent support to this writer of computer literature, but we muddle through nonetheless, we of stout heart and stern back!

:excellent:

We are indeed, modesty usually forbids, but we are awesome.

Thank you. We rule.

Oh and glhf Chris.

Sentinel

Arcane

There's no reason for the Codex to be proud - the vast majority of people supported Chris out of a cult of personality and for political reasons because of who was accusing him. Chris could be accused of mass genocide with public proof and the Codex would still back him up. It took no effort or strain from anyone here to show Chris a word of support. The only one who deserves any praise is Cernat for archiving all the data, investigating it, becoming the personification of super saiyan autism and making a 40 minute video on it.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

Yes, thankfully.

I love you man! Thank you for helping Chris staying sane.

Alphons

Cipher
11250618.jpg

For the disgusting slander of Master Christopher Avellone, I sentence all 102 defendants to finish his cursed Arcanum playthrough, exactly from the point where he left off!
And yes, WITHOUT Drog's unofficial patch, pure vanilla!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom