Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3226062

Companion Trailer - Woljif Jefto

Hello Crusaders!

We would like to remind you again, that if your tier includes Name in Credits or Hall of Fame, please go to our backers’ portal, log in using the same email you were using on Kickstarter when you backed the game, and in your account fill in the ‘Credits name’ field. It won’t take long, but it will secure your place in the history of the Fifth Crusade! Please save your credits name before the end of June.

Now let’s take a look at our new companion trailer, dedicated to Woljif Jefto, the roguish tiefling from our second stretch goal. We could write a lot about him, but it’s better to let him speak for himself!

To arms!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>This is one of the Deepest Character Creation Systems I've seen in an RPG
No one one show him what Neverwinter Nights 2 is like. His head will implode.

>Why Gallop around on a boring old horse
Augh. This hurts because Sohei can only ride a boring old horse...

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
"paled in comparison to the likes of pillars of eternity and divine divinity"

why even post this garbage infinishill?

This deserved an instant
:retarded:
rating from me. What a shit show. I also stopped reading there, waste of time to even acknowledge the existence of such brain dead opinions.

>This is one of the Deepest Character Creation Systems I've seen in an RPG
No one one show him what Neverwinter Nights 2 is like. His head will implode.

>Why Gallop around on a boring old horse
Augh. This hurts because Sohei can only ride a boring old horse...

In what way is NWN 1/2 deeper in terms of character building? Fighter and rogue for example are mostly mix in classes. Certain prestige classes rule supreme like RDD/ASOC/RWT which can even be combined.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, jornos gonna jorno. Funny that it found an "overwhelming number" in the game, but remained "a little underwhelmed". So reddity.

However. I don't understand "preview" and "August 2021". What does it mean?

Readher

Savant

Remember this """review""" (https://www.pcgamer.com/pathfinder-kingmaker-review/) where the reviewer didn't even play the game and just used preview materials to write it, while giving it the same score as % of positive user reviews on Steam at the time. PC Gamer is interested more in writing daily articles about console exclusive games (RDR2 at the time, didn't even have PC version announced) than reviewing a prominent PC-exclusive in a historical PC genre. They're trash.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember this """review""" (https://www.pcgamer.com/pathfinder-kingmaker-review/) where the reviewer didn't even play the game and just used preview materials to write it, while giving it the same score as % of positive user reviews on Steam at the time. PC Gamer is interested more in writing daily articles about console exclusive games (RDR2 at the time, didn't even have PC version announced) than reviewing a prominent PC-exclusive in a historical PC genre. They're trash.
Most reviewers of this type are focused on getting information out there as fast as posible in order to get the most attention first. So, in order to do that, most often than not they have to spin a lot of bullshit. Can't dish out a decent review about a ~300h game before the deadline, because that would mean you'd have to... play it.

Once you get used to spinning bullshit, your integrity and self-worth are out the window.

Readher

Savant
Most reviewers of this type are focused on getting information out there as fast as posible in order to get the most attention first. So, in order to do that, most often than not they have to spin a lot of bullshit. Can't dish out a decent review about a ~300h game before the deadline, because that would mean you'd have to... play it.

Once you get used to spinning bullshit, your integrity and self-worth are out the window.
Yeah, but at the same time, PoE2 got a multi-page review detailing every little thing and Bard's Tale IV got a better score. Reviewers totally don't get paid to shill, tho.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
the new avellone development makes me revisit this old question: did he and his contributions get cut out? i know that some devs claimed his part was just over, but i want to know the actual truth here, not PR vomit.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
the new avellone development makes me revisit this old question: did he and his contributions get cut out? i know that some devs claimed his part was just over, but i want to know the actual truth here, not PR vomit.
I can only retell what I have heard from a man who knows a man… well, you get the picture. Most of Chris's contributions are comments and advice on texts already written or going to be written by others. Of course, no one is going to dismiss this advice, part of it is taken into account. As for the pieces written directly by Chris, they ARE almost all preserved (there aren't many of them).

Maybe Chris will tell us more later.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And as I said here some time ago, Owlcat Games will not comment on this, because their fear of SJW backlash far outweighs any obligations to a person whomever he might be.

TumblingTorin

Educated
Wasn't Chris's job more then just writing? I think in Kingmaker he did do advising and looking through other people's writing, so I'd assume that we would be doing more of the same unless I'm misremembering it.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Did anyone test if it's possible to have both the lich undead and companion and an animal companion at the same time? Am thinking of some builds involving that.

user

Savant

This deserved an instant
:retarded:
rating from me. What a shit show. I also stopped reading there, waste of time to even acknowledge the existence of such brain dead opinions.

None of these fuckers even played KM beyond chapter 1, max 2. Much less seen all the C&C and content that Owlcat painstakingly created. It's a fucking shame, really.

Minecrawler

Educated
True, true. How can pillars be even compared to the masterpiece of a non-linear RPG, where every single choice of yours matters (Darven questline being the most shining example)?
And look at the companions - who even puts characters like Eder in the game in the current year? Blonde farmer boy, pfft. Who needs farms, when you can own nothing and be happy. Pillars also lets you murder half the world and most important characters.
Imagine being able to kill Amiri or Annevia - what an awful message that would send!
Pillars even lets you sell people into slavery and help colonizers get rid of free wakanda. Disgusting.

Thonius

Arcane
True, true. How can pillars be even compared to the masterpiece of a non-linear RPG, where every single choice of yours matters (Darven questline being the most shining example)?
And look at the companions - who even puts characters like Eder in the game in the current year? Blonde farmer boy, pfft. Who needs farms, when you can own nothing and be happy. Pillars also lets you murder half the world and most important characters.
Imagine being able to kill Amiri or Annevia - what an awful message that would send!
Pillars even lets you sell people into slavery and help colonizers get rid of free wakanda. Disgusting.
Also, Italians are black there as they should be!

Minecrawler

Educated
Also, Italians are black there as they should be!
Some of these black italians are slavers, too, and you can side with them. I know, awful.
Just imagine black slavers you can side with in Pathfinder.
Regongar and Octavia would be so mad.
Writeresses and some people from this thread too, probably.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3231492

A New Dev Diary - Drezen. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Goes to Consoles!

Two impressive news at once for today!

First of all, we are ready to announce it - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is coming to consoles! The game will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S via backward compatibility later this year.

Also, a new dev diary is being released today! In this video, we will talk about Drezen - a huge fortress that will play a very special role in the upcoming adventure. It took a great amount of time and effort to build, and it influenced a lot on the whole game development process. The great fortress of Drezen - right now, on our YouTube channel:

Oh no. I just assumed WotR would be on Linux because Kingmaker was. Same engine and all that. Now I see that it is technically unsupported for the time being.
:despair:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom