Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
My post replying to Jenkem was a joke because it was indeed old. Your post was old too. Abuelo.

> Quote Document and Post Link To It

"THAT'S OLD DON'T POST THAT ITS OLD!"

Retard.

They're just ratings. Relax.

Like the post Im quoting above. I just rated that Old. Why? No reason. It's just ratings man. Just ratings.

fmy4PMX.png

Keshik

Arcane
It's not like Chris Avellone is the first victim of this fucking cult. And even if some of them can afford top of the crop lawyers, there are many more who can't and of whom we never hear, and there should still be the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" in place, but somehow it isn't if one of these whores accuses you of touching her 20 years ago. There needs to be a stop put to this. It's beyond retarded. It's the other side of the coin of witch burnings, that's how retarded it is.

Would be interesting to see (if it's at all possible to do so) how many there actually are, versus the people being actual creeps or worse like Cosby or Weinstein, etc. Too many people interested in assuming either way. But that said, if Avellone's suing them for defamation, that's about the most that should happen. Not really sure you can put a stop to this, it's just interpersonal drama on a large scale and people are people.

Mustawd

My post replying to Jenkem was a joke because it was indeed old. Your post was old too. Abuelo.

> Quote Document and Post Link To It

"THAT'S OLD DON'T POST THAT ITS OLD!"

Retard.

They're just ratings. Relax.

Like the post Im quoting above. I just rated that Old. Why? No reason. It's just ratings man. Just ratings.

fmy4PMX.png

Pretending what? I actually rated your post old. You're putting more energy than I woulda thought for one rating. I'm having a relaxing Saturday evening, so I don't mind.

fork

It's not like Chris Avellone is the first victim of this fucking cult. And even if some of them can afford top of the crop lawyers, there are many more who can't and of whom we never hear, and there should still be the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" in place, but somehow it isn't if one of these whores accuses you of touching her 20 years ago. There needs to be a stop put to this. It's beyond retarded. It's the other side of the coin of witch burnings, that's how retarded it is.

Would be interesting to see (if it's at all possible to do so) how many there actually are, versus the people being actual creeps or worse like Cosby or Weinstein, etc. Too many people interested in assuming either way. But that said, if Avellone's suing them for defamation, that's about the most that should happen. Not really sure you can put a stop to this, it's just interpersonal drama on a large scale and people are people.

It's more than interpersonal drama if livelyhoods get destroyed by the accusation alone, which is the case nowadays. Have you not noticed how many people lose their jobs on accusations alone? I don't know the details in the Cosby and Weinstein cases very well, so I don't want to comment on those specifically, but if you ask me, most of the accusations in those and similar cases stem from whores wanting to profit from their selling themselves a second time, because the political climate allows it nowadays. Simple as that, and it's more than obvious that that's what it is. And where it's not that, it's used to cancel people who don't bow to the leftist establishment, like Trump and dozens or hundreds of similar, less prominent, cases. I can't help you if you don't see that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eli_Havelock

Learned

It's more than interpersonal drama if livelyhoods get destroyed by the accusation alone, which is the case nowadays. Have you not noticed how many people lose their jobs on accusations alone? I don't know the details in the Cosby and Weinstein cases very well, so I don't want to comment on those specifically, but if you ask me, most of the accusations in those and similar cases stem from whores wanting to profit from their selling themselves a second time, because the political climate allows it nowadays. Simple as that, and it's more than obvious that that's what it is. And where it's not that, it's used to cancel people who don't bow to the leftist establishment, like Trump and dozens or hundreds of similar, less promiment, cases. I can't help you if you don't see that.

I think only Cosby and Weinstein are the two they use to make everyone else sound the same. Because otherwise it's all a load of:

And for bonus, consider the suicide of Tony Bourdain, who found out - after going after Quentin Tarantino about Weinstein - found his love Asia Argento did a MeToo of her own and Tony paid the hush money, then found out it was real.

Yeah, no big harm, right?

Edit: And for extra fun, there's the accusations made to distract from grifting, like Zoe Quinn. When backers started to get upset, let's cancel a dude like a stamp and cash in that sweet, sweet victim currency while (like a good faithful SJW fundamentalist true to their religion) An Hero Holowka accepts his public sentencing and kills himself.

Last edited:

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Me:

Having shitty shit shit day.

Decide to check in on Codex for distraction.

Reads news about MCA.

Read responses to news from supportive fellow Codexians.

Suddenly happy. Faith restored. Life is good again.

God bless you, MCA!

Keshik

Arcane

It's more than interpersonal drama if livelyhoods get destroyed by the accusation alone, which is the case nowadays. Have you not noticed how many people lose their jobs on accusations alone? I don't know the details in the Cosby and Weinstein cases very well, so I don't want to comment on those specifically, but if you ask me, most of the accusations in those and similar cases stem from whores wanting to profit from their selling themselves a second time, because the political climate allows it nowadays. Simple as that, and it's more than obvious that that's what it is. And where it's not that, it's used to cancel people who don't bow to the leftist establishment, like Trump and dozens or hundreds of similar, less prominent, cases. I can't help you if you don't see that.

Well, from the point of stopping it - it is just interpersonal drama, people saying one thing, another set saying another and everyone else has to decide who to believe Only mentioned Weinstein etc. as it's a spectrum of iffy behaviour towards others. But I feel you can't really stop this kind of thing, people yelling and shaking their fists on Twitter/FB/etc. It's at the point of making people not be assholes online.

Will be interesting to see how the lawsuit goes, though.

Sentinel

Arcane
There's no reason for the Codex to be proud - the vast majority of people supported Chris out of a cult of personality and for political reasons because of who was accusing him.

Or he's actually good at his job, unlike the vast majority of the social lampreys who try to cancel any decent talent because of envy and being in the way of failfucking their way through their "career".

Also see: Vampire Bloodlines 2
You're proving my point.

Sentinel

Arcane
I hope the whore(s) who accused him get a death sentence for slander.
I'm not kidding.

You're insane.

Yeah, it's me, not the society who destroys lifes based on accusations of fucking whores.

How destroyed is his life, anyway ? He can afford decent lawyers and not as if there's a kill squad out for him. So really, simple lawsuit for cash is fine.
He lost all of his jobs/gigs and became unemployable, and no doubt some people he used to call friends turned their back on him - which might be doing him a favor in the long run, but is certainly hurtful in the moment.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
There's no reason for the Codex to be proud - the vast majority of people supported Chris out of a cult of personality and for political reasons because of who was accusing him.

Or he's actually good at his job, unlike the vast majority of the social lampreys who try to cancel any decent talent because of envy and being in the way of failfucking their way through their "career".

Also see: Vampire Bloodlines 2
You're proving my point.

I see it's not just the SJWs on witch hunt who are keen on wishful thinking. The industry needs actual talent to make good RPG writing, so of course an RPG site might cheer on a good writer under attack.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am very happy to learn that MCA is still alive, and even happier that he's taking this to court. That was a great read, and I eagerly await what is to come.

The Great Exonerator, David Cernat, should take great pride in his work on informing people of the disinformation spread by the accusers.

0wca

Learned
I really hope he wins this and gets vindicated. He's still one of the biggest veterans out there and responsible for some of my favorite titles of all time and I don't believe the shit he's accused of.

And if he does win this, I hope he makes a "Karissa" character in the next RPG he's making, so we can blow the character's digital brains out and post it on twitter.

:killitwithfire:

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Well, from the point of stopping it - it is just interpersonal drama, people saying one thing, another set saying another and everyone else has to decide who to believe Only mentioned Weinstein etc. as it's a spectrum of iffy behaviour towards others. But I feel you can't really stop this kind of thing, people yelling and shaking their fists on Twitter/FB/etc. It's at the point of making people not be assholes online.

False accusation and witch hunts that cost people their jobs, their careers, their friends, their lives is just, like, whatever man. It just happens, right?

Or what shuts people up is telling them to stick the cancel culture up their asses and bringing out the lawyers for defamation suits. Your normalization of this destruction is just making excuses for batshit.

Keshik

Arcane

False accusation and witch hunts that cost people their jobs, their careers, their friends, their lives is just, like, whatever man. It just happens, right?

Or what shuts people up is telling them to stick the cancel culture up their asses and bringing out the lawyers for defamation suits. Your normalization of this destruction is just making excuses for batshit.

That's not going to shut up the people who take the accusation as truth regardless and those are the business end of the cancelling.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just more fuel to the fire that proves that modern social media is a cancer for any society.

Good luck Chris.

That's not going to shut up the people who take the accusation as truth regardless and those are the business end of the cancelling.

Frankly (from the people that I know in real life that are like that) they're generally emotionally damaged people that, if social media didn't exist, wouldn't have any outlet.

Social media removes the burden of giving enough of a fuck to step outside of your door, along with many obvious social clues we've evolved to identify crazzy or unlikable people, causing the only way to deal with these people (ignoring them) to not be effective anymore.

While it might have helped some people which are in a shitty situation, I'm a firm believer that social media has caused, and will cause, far more harm than good in the long run.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm 100% sure that people MCA blocked on twitter he blocked because lawyers instructed him to do so.

Why would they tell him to do that? Simplest explanation is that he still name-searches and got tired of seeing people bag on him all the time, so he just straight up blocks anyone who badmouths him there now.

Keshik

Arcane
Just more fuel to the fire that proves that modern social media is a cancer for any society.

Good luck Chris.

Frankly (from the people that I know in real life that are like that) they're generally emotionally damaged people that, if social media didn't exist, wouldn't have any outlet.

Social media removes the burden of giving enough of a fuck to step outside of your door, along with many obvious social clues we've evolved to identify crazzy or unlikable people, causing the only way to deal with these people (ignoring them) to not be effective anymore.

While it might have helped some people which are in a shitty situation, I'm a firm believer that social media has caused, and will cause, far more harm than good in the long run.

Yeah I agree wtih your last sentence a lot, I feel sorry for people who never grew up without social media (well or the Internet I guess).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And oh hey, ancient Desslock gives his even-handed support for Chris:

https://twitter.com/thedesslock/status/1408976447004418053

Chris Avellone was professionally sanctioned after being accused of inappropriate behavior.Allegations seemed ill-formed;were internally inconsistent & incorporated inflammatory hearsay,& media reporting exacerbated or contributed to those issues,in a misguided effort to”do good”

Which isn’t to state he did nothing wrong-I don’t know the underlying facts. Often perspectives, conflicting needs,and retrospective consideration of events often affect individual recollections of events. Humans & relationships are complicated and damage/pain/need/pride distort.

But Chris obviously feels his actions have been so badly misrepresented that they’re defamatory,and he feels it’s worth suing to set the record straight.Given the considerable obstacles associated with proving libel,he & counsel must feel strongly that it’s worthwhile & necessary

As a lawyer & sensible fellow-strongly believe in the rule of law & equal application of the law-some of society’s biggest problems are caused by unjust application of law,as onerous penalties are imposed on some while others commit even more egregious crimes without consequence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom