Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Imagine unironically working for blizzard.Company that didnt produce anything meaningfull since Wotlk.....
Thread derail ahoy but: Starcraft 2 and it's expansions are very good from a casual/single player aspect. I think the pro multiplayer never really took off though, despite a lot of effort from the developers. That was years ago at this point though, they're truly a walking corpse at this point.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Imagine unironically working for blizzard.

It's sad, but my man gotta pay the bills and has children to feed.

Thread derail ahoy but: Starcraft 2 and it's expansions are very good from a casual/single player aspect. I think the pro multiplayer never really took off though

SC2 has great multiplayer and had for more than 10 years an active pro-gaming community. It's slowly dying however it's still there, the only good thing Blizzard has going for them after they killed HOTS and decided to invest into shitty cell phone games. I think WoW is still alive and they have some kind of MtG rippoff, but who cares about this really?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Again, you're just proving my point. You support him, no questions asked, because he wrote some good RPGs. Nothing to do with his behavior or probability of the events actually happening - and considering that Avellone was a borderline alcoholic who went to a lot of conventions, it's not hard to believe, at first glance, some of the things he was accused of might have actually happened.

Fully Irrelevant, any person should get the support if they are accused of shit like that because of the presumption of innocence. It is those believing in the accusation who are not asking question you assume just some guilt based on Accusation from someone who you don't even have *anything* to judge her character by (apart from her Vagina of course) and because there may be some things that make you "believe" that it's possible, what a great basis to destroy a persons life over.

That he has a reputation here is something he worked for but again it is only *natural* to support someone whose guilt has not been proven.

EDIT: The Edgy rating above proves my point. Butter is right of course, a mere accusation *especially* if the accusation is about something that vile can only be accepted without any doubt that this is factual by providing clear evidence.

Last edited:

MuckMan

Learned

Absinthe

Arcane
The other one, Marashlian, I suspect a potential saboteur.
https://jjllplaw.com/aleeza-l-marashlian/
Aleeza L. Marashlian graduated magna cum laude from Southwestern Law School’s SCALE two-year accelerated program. While a law student, she successfully represented a client before the Ninth Circuit and obtained a remand to the Board of Immigration Appeals, her note advocating for rights resulting from a narrow application of copyright’s fair use doctrine was chosen for publication in the Southwestern Law Review, and she externed for judicial officers in both California Superior Court and Federal District Court. She received awards for high marks in her doctrinal classes and her work on Law Review, was a teaching assistant and a Dean’s Fellow, and served as a student member of the Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Committee.

"Gonna sue some people for false sexual misconduct allegations, I know who I'll hire, a woman who declares her allegiance to diversity and inclusion,"-- Chris Avellone
Roguey, real-life immigration rights has fuck-all to do with SJW style "diversity and inclusion." I'll give you a hint: One works with actual immigrants and actual problems, pursuing actual solutions. The other stays the fuck away from people like that in life but goes on twitter tirades complaining about fictional representation and language on behalf of imaginary persecuted minorities and imagines herself a champion of truth and justice for it because her circlejerk of fair-weather friends said so. And the former group usually dislikes the latter group because they make the struggle for human rights seem petty and retarded.

You're just jumping to conclusions and being judgmental, really.

Defendants Does 1 through 100 are sued herein by fictitious names for the reason that their true names are unknown to Avellone. Avellone will seek to leave to amend this complaint to allege the true names and capacities of these Defendants when they have been ascertained. Avellone is informed and believes and based thereon alleges that these fictitiously named Defendants are responsible in some manner for the actions and damages alleged herein. This wrongful conduct was intentionally and purposely directed at California.

:what:
100+ defendants and Chris Avellone didn't sue The Gamer (and Sean Murray in particular) for libel with their "allegation" of Chris Avellone being a serial rapist? (Link: https://www.thegamer.com/chris-avellone-writer-allegedly-drugged-raped-women/)

Last edited:

Keshik

Arcane
Imagine unironically working for blizzard.Company that didnt produce anything meaningfull since Wotlk.....

Hey now, SC2 and Overwatch have been pretty successful. Sort of a shame they just gave up on the former (well and WoW too it seems). But at a certain point in life it becomes a bit naive to want to work for companies making "meaningful" things, most work isn't.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
:disgusting:

The working class?

rating_prestigious.png
Disgusting peons who should do as we, the independently rich and college educated with our soft hands, tell them to do.
rating_prestigious.png

Oberon

Learned
At least he knows he's trash

It baffles my mind that there are people like him (professionals who aren't sub 90 IQ or schizo) who unironically think that there are hordes of people walking around thinking "Black people? Fuck them! their lives don't matter!" and that any opposition to violent riots, insane rhetoric, and extremely dubious claims makes you a fACiST whO haETs tEh POC aDn TeH whAMAn

They're just pretending to be retarded, r-right? It's just cowardly lip service to appease the cultists, i-isn't it?

jackofshadows

Magister
It baffles my mind that there are people like him (professionals who aren't sub 90 IQ or schizo) who unironically think that there are hordes of people walking around thinking "Black people? Fuck them! their lives don't matter!" and that any opposition to violent riots, insane rhetoric, and extremely dubious claims makes you a fACiST whO haETs tEh POC aDn TeH whAMAn

They're just pretending to be retarded, r-right? It's just cowardly lip service to appease the cultists, i-isn't it?

It's called brainwashing. Values of life change, especially ones that closer to the top of "the pyramide", which may not have even existed before. Compare it to any sect, a cult, religion, all the same.

Sacibengala

Prophet
At least he knows he's trash

Just ask this imbecile what he actively did in all of his life to actually help any POC in any capacity beyond scream like a bitch all over the internet.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
There's no reason for the Codex to be proud - the vast majority of people supported Chris out of a cult of personality and for political reasons because of who was accusing him.

Or he's actually good at his job, unlike the vast majority of the social lampreys who try to cancel any decent talent because of envy and being in the way of failfucking their way through their "career".

Also see: Vampire Bloodlines 2
You're proving my point.

I see it's not just the SJWs on witch hunt who are keen on wishful thinking. The industry needs actual talent to make good RPG writing, so of course an RPG site might cheer on a good writer under attack.
That would be true if MCA actually did any writing anymore, but he has been de facto retired since 2012, with no desire to ever have his own project again. Even before this his reputation had taken a massive hit because people were misatributting shit writing done by others to Avellone.

I guess 2012 was where your head became fused up your ass to not notice his new career as human Kickstarter stretch goal to help other writing teams.

Again, you're just proving my point. You support him, no questions asked, because he wrote some good RPGs. Nothing to do with his behavior or probability of the events actually happening - and considering that Avellone was a borderline alcoholic who went to a lot of conventions, it's not hard to believe, at first glance, some of the things he was accused of might have actually happened.

I'd rather believe a productive member of society versus rando accusations that were proven to be shit then, proven again to be shit now. Just like your posts. :lol:

So, did Chris really go after all the people who called him a rapist? I saw Roguey say he didn't go after some site.

I hope Chris sues the fuck out of all of them. I want him to suck in all their money like a ovomaltine milkshake. A moneyshake, if you will. Their delicious, delicious SJW cancel culture soy money. MAKE THEM SUFFER!!! TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY!

Honestly, I was suspicious about this Karissa shit the moment a police report failed to follow up. Real rape victims don't talk on twitter, they go to the cops and lawyer up. Especially when you consider how much money she could take from MCA, if he was a real rapist raper who rapes. People got sued to hell and back for sillier things in the kwa, after all.
I used to study law, you know. Any of my teachers would have looked at this "case" and called bullshit.

Oh, and for the people who say Chris wasn't harmed by this: Bullfuckshit. Rape and Pedophilia* are pretty much considered the vilest crimes nowadays, you might as well be unpersoned by everyone around you. People have been killed or killed themselves due to such accusations. Takes YEARS to clean your reputation, if ever.

Accusing someone falsely of certain crimes should carry as much penalty as doing them.

*REAL pedo, not this kwanzanian "oh you touched a 17 years 364 days old reproductively fit girl off to superpedo jail to you" sillyness. Kid diddlers and Epsteins, I mean.

You are living proof that human being can't OD on being retarded, because at this point your account would be inactive for good few minutes after typing this post.

Based.

Also sigged.

Just like Brazil winning the World Cup. :)

Laugh not, but the hexa is already in our grasp! BRAZIL STRONG!

(ahahahahha who am I trying to fool here? Our last brillant generation of players was the one which won the 2002 cup)

Drowed

Arcane
This topic makes me go through one of those moments in Codex that make me question my own sanity. Because I see people making arguments that I totally agree with in the same paragraph where they say other completely moronic things. Which makes me question if my opinion isn't actually wrong and I've lost my mind at some point, after all, I can't agree with someone who says such stupid things. Then I see someone else's counter-argument that starts to make sense.... Until I read something equally retarded, or even worse. WTF is wrong with the world?

One way or another, I think it's great that MCA is finally disputing the accusations that were made against him - which he should have done 1 year (or at least 6 months) ago, after all, if someone can categorically accuse someone else of something, there's nothing more obvious than for you to defend yourself and give your version of events. One way or another, I'm not going to make any reversal of the burden of proof or say what is or isn't "more likely" based on arbitrary criteria of who is more or less "trustworthy" here. Either your accusation has enough evidence to survive scrutiny, or it doesn't.

Do some people who are guilty escape real charges? Probably, but let's follow Blackstone's ratio: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer." The jury of public opinion is as imbecilic as the judges. As the saying goes, think of the average citizen and remember that half the world is dumber than they are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom