Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

kalganoat

Savant
Probably just lighting and makeup but it seems this bitch hit THE WALL hard in 2013.

SnpJzD6.png

ONCgKC8.png

deuxhero

Arcane
Roguey, real-life immigration rights has fuck-all to do with SJW style "diversity and inclusion." I'll give you a hint: One works with actual immigrants and actual problems, pursuing actual solutions. The other stays the fuck away from people like that in life but goes on twitter tirades complaining about fictional representation and language on behalf of imaginary persecuted minorities and imagines herself a champion of truth and justice for it because her circlejerk of fair-weather friends said so. And the former group usually dislikes the latter group because they make the struggle for human rights seem petty and retarded.

You're just jumping to conclusions and being judgmental, really.

Maybe. But given what Kotario posted up above and this other prog-activist lawyer's thoughts, it could be the right conclusion.

https://twitter.com/thewolflawyer/status/1409054608639463429

These Plaintiff’s lawyers at Johnson & Johnson are lucky they’re a media law firm without a twitter presence because I would be dragging them so hard right now. Neville Johnson ought to be ashamed of this pleading. Utter garbage.

So the firm’s website contains these counters. I suspect this litigation will result in an increase in the number of media articles and features. Possibly a few media articles and features about how apparently their client, Chris Avellone, is a sex pest. Good move geniuses.

There are 100 defendants who are all agents of one another. So either, the most convoluted agency authority in history was drafted for the express purpose of creating a paper trail of a conspiracy to defame this bloke or they’re relying on ostensible agency.

Ostensible agency requires that the principal, not the agent, did something which conveyed that the agent was within the scope of their authority. I wonder what these 100 anonymous people did which suggests, objectively that they authorised the others to speak on their behalf.

That seems near impossible to prove. I’m sure the brilliant lawyers at Johnson & Johnson are up to the task and this isn’t just some censorious nonsense designed to chill anyone who would otherwise be anonymously critical of their client into silence. Surely not.

Obviously it’s impossible to conspire with yourself. Can an agent, acting on behalf of their principal and within the scope of their agency, therefore be conspiring with their principal? I’ve never thought about it. Can 100 agents who are also principals be conspiring together?

Christ on a bike: I’m innumerate so maybe I’m wrong but it seems to me that they need to prove about 20,000 agency relationships based on objective facts. If they’re very efficient and the court takes no days off that should only take about 50 years.

I'm not a lawyer or a legal expert so I have no idea if they're just plain wrong because their brains have been broken by their progressive politics or if they're just trying to do their part to intimidate Avellone into dropping the suit (DARVO since they're accusing him of trying to intimidate his accusers) or if they are in fact legally right (in which case I would absolutely believe it was intentional sabotage).

The self proclaimed "lawtwitter" group are known to be retards at best if not intentionally intellectually dishonest. Most of the ones that are actually licensed to practice are academics who have never actually practiced law, and more still are paralegals or students and not actual lawyers. It turns out actual lawyers have better things to do than whine on Twitter all day. These "people" are so laughable just calling them fat makes them shit themselves.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
You're completely proving my point. "I wouldn't support a guy that made shit games" (ubisoft) and "We supported that guy accused by zoe quinn" (political reasons). Exactly, I know that. That's exactly what I said. 95% of people here support Avellone out of reflex, either for political reasons or for a cult of personality. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just don't pretend it's an achievement, lol.
And you are just proving your lacking of reading comprehension, it isnt hard to come to the shocking conclusion that a site that likes RPGs care more about people who make RPGs than some random dude we dont know about, what you expect? Lets go talk about the case of Mr. Ubisoft middle manager we never heard about and was too busy making microtransactions to Ass Creed? If MRY, BlackThorne, Pike and all other developer dudes we actually care about suffered the same fate we would be pissed but on your world, caring about someone you actually give a shit is cult of personality.

And, duh, Mr. Obvious, political ideology that says demanding proof of claimed crimes is equal to be a white male supremacist nazi killer of puppies and openly defend trial by mob actually is known of doing: trail by mob and being full of bs crime claims, sure, you totally should trust any stranger that says you are a nazi because you dont believe on their claims, if you dont, you are a nazi out for the blood of the poor SJWs.
You don't care about MCA because you like RPGs, you care about MCA because you like him and he posted here, so he's part of your "tribe" and you must defend him no matter what, which is why you also pointed out other RPG-devs that post here. He retired nearly 10 years ago. He has nothing to do with RPGs anymore.
but on your world, caring about someone you actually give a shit is cult of personality.
No, immediately believing someone you care about without even questioning anything is a cult of personality.

You're completely proving my point. "I wouldn't support a guy that made shit games" (ubisoft) and "We supported that guy accused by zoe quinn" (political reasons). Exactly, I know that. That's exactly what I said. 95% of people here support Avellone out of reflex, either for political reasons or for a cult of personality. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just don't pretend it's an achievement, lol.

It is something to be ashamed of, but go right ahead and tell yourself that it isn't. If you believe that justice should only come to those you like (or are in your tribe), you are an Animal.

In fact it is the other why around, because your instinct, of course does that, you need to take a step back and give the benefit of the doubt, otherwise we can just go start hanging people again randomly.

EDIT: and don't get me wrong, thats goes for everyone who believes that.
Ashamed is a heavy word. You shouldn't feel ashamed, but you should reevaluate your thought process because tribalism makes you look like a retard.

I get it. This is a bad comedy act that pretends it can't read worth a shit. Thanks for bringing me up to speed on that.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
How can you give the benefit of the doubt if the person that makes the accusation refuses to make a clear point, refuses to use the law and totally depends on mob pressure to silence those who question her?

I think something got lost in translation here or you quoted the wrong person. I am saying that neither tribalism nor mob pressure are anything but the worst. I am not giving the "benefit of the doubt", not more than accepting that their accusation should have the ability to be proven before a court, and if it fails fully struck down.

Let's stop talking about this now, it is kinda pointless.

DeepOcean

Arcane
No, immediately believing someone you care about without even questioning anything is a cult of personality.
Dude, it is a simple concept that you cant understand because you just bought the meme that the codex is a hivemind, it isnt, it is a simple concept:
1 - A valid accusation is done with proofs in front an impartial third party that know the law.
2 - The impartial third party will do an investigation.
3 - There will be a result, if the procedure was well done, then the result should be respected.

I just dont accept the validity whatsoever of ANY mob kangooro courts of twitter. My biggest mistake on the past was actually giving the benefit of the doubt to allegations like this before, 10 out 10 turned out being bullshit.

Now, second argument, actually, the only one you tried arguing: "We defend Avellone because we are a cult of personality.". If the woman was on the judge right on the same day with marks of sexual violence on her claiming Avellone raped her on the street and indeed was his DNA, that would be a completely different case. My point wasnt: "Avellone is innocent because I like him.", my point is: "This thread will have 200 pages because it is Avellone and you wont see us defending the other guys because they arent as well known and wont have a 200 pages thread on their names so you will reach the conclusion that we are only defending him because we like him."

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Probably just lighting and makeup but it seems this bitch hit THE WALL hard in 2013.

SnpJzD6.png

ONCgKC8.png

1. Looking Happy

2. They were going for "Classy" but she achieved "Constipated"

We also supported that developer guy that suicided because Zoe Quinn also made similar bs claims .

Hey speak for yourself i don't support faggots or furries.

How dare you think for yourself! You're going to ruin someone's tribal fantasy.

Unwanted

CruduxCruo

Unwanted
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The self proclaimed "lawtwitter" group are known to be retards at best if not intentionally intellectually dishonest. Most of the ones that are actually licensed to practice are academics who have never actually practiced law, and more still are paralegals or students and not actual lawyers. It turns out actual lawyers have better things to do than whine on Twitter all day. These "people" are so laughable just calling them fat makes them shit themselves.
They are not sending their best.
b-jpg.1716160

(Dylan M. Schmeyer, Esq.)

A horse of course

I agree with that people shouldn't get optimistic about this case. As Roguey said, Vic Mignola's case seemed like a surefire win in that he seemed to have clear evidence that A: The accusers were lying, B: The accusers admitted they were intentionally destroying his livelihood and wanted to prevent him from working, and C: The allegations resulted in damage to his career. And Mignola didn't wait an entire fucking year before denying anything. But Mignola's case got dismissed pretty early on, although he appealed a while back.

That said, the "lawtwitter" clique is notoriously fucking retarded, full of "bad takes", as tw*tter would put it. Some of their statements aren't even legal analysis, just blatant attempts at gaslighting Chris into dropping the case (same thing was done to Angry Joe, for example).

Having worn a diverse set of hats, from boxer to comic to businessman to lawyer, Dylan understands how to fight, how to work, and how to grow,

A true renaissance man.

From what I hear, getting a generalist lawyer is mostly bad, rookie mistake. You want a dude who is autistic about that specific field you need him in. And this guy looks too young to have had many court cases, to boot. Gettin bad feelings about this tbh

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Roguey, real-life immigration rights has fuck-all to do with SJW style "diversity and inclusion." I'll give you a hint: One works with actual immigrants and actual problems, pursuing actual solutions. The other stays the fuck away from people like that in life but goes on twitter tirades complaining about fictional representation and language on behalf of imaginary persecuted minorities and imagines herself a champion of truth and justice for it because her circlejerk of fair-weather friends said so. And the former group usually dislikes the latter group because they make the struggle for human rights seem petty and retarded.

You're just jumping to conclusions and being judgmental, really.

Maybe. But given what Kotario posted up above and this other prog-activist lawyer's thoughts, it could be the right conclusion.

https://twitter.com/thewolflawyer/status/1409054608639463429

These Plaintiff’s lawyers at Johnson & Johnson are lucky they’re a media law firm without a twitter presence because I would be dragging them so hard right now. Neville Johnson ought to be ashamed of this pleading. Utter garbage.

So the firm’s website contains these counters. I suspect this litigation will result in an increase in the number of media articles and features. Possibly a few media articles and features about how apparently their client, Chris Avellone, is a sex pest. Good move geniuses.

There are 100 defendants who are all agents of one another. So either, the most convoluted agency authority in history was drafted for the express purpose of creating a paper trail of a conspiracy to defame this bloke or they’re relying on ostensible agency.

Ostensible agency requires that the principal, not the agent, did something which conveyed that the agent was within the scope of their authority. I wonder what these 100 anonymous people did which suggests, objectively that they authorised the others to speak on their behalf.

That seems near impossible to prove. I’m sure the brilliant lawyers at Johnson & Johnson are up to the task and this isn’t just some censorious nonsense designed to chill anyone who would otherwise be anonymously critical of their client into silence. Surely not.

Obviously it’s impossible to conspire with yourself. Can an agent, acting on behalf of their principal and within the scope of their agency, therefore be conspiring with their principal? I’ve never thought about it. Can 100 agents who are also principals be conspiring together?

Christ on a bike: I’m innumerate so maybe I’m wrong but it seems to me that they need to prove about 20,000 agency relationships based on objective facts. If they’re very efficient and the court takes no days off that should only take about 50 years.

I'm not a lawyer or a legal expert so I have no idea if they're just plain wrong because their brains have been broken by their progressive politics or if they're just trying to do their part to intimidate Avellone into dropping the suit (DARVO since they're accusing him of trying to intimidate his accusers) or if they are in fact legally right (in which case I would absolutely believe it was intentional sabotage).

Oh lord. I appreciate reading opposite takes, but come on. That Tweet is such a cop out. If only Johnson & Johnson had a Twitter account, he would totally shred them so hard :lol:. He knows how this shit works.

Until a wild California attorney appears, we can only guess if this complaint would survive demurrer. Furthermore, alleging a fact in a complaint is different from proving the fact before an actual jury, and the defense would have a chance to counter. It can get messy, and many cases settle before even reaching that point.

From reading the complaint, I am not sure how you would prove malice though. We can infer reasons for Karissa to lie and/or wish harm on Avellone, but that may not be enough. Did David dig anything up that could be considered gloating?

Last edited:

Mustawd

Having worn a diverse set of hats, from boxer to comic to businessman to lawyer, Dylan understands how to fight, how to work, and how to grow,

A true renaissance man.

From what I hear, getting a generalist lawyer is mostly bad, rookie mistake. You want a dude who is autistic about that specific field you need him in. And this guy looks too young to have had many court cases, to boot. Gettin bad feelings about this tbh

That's not MCA's lawyer. It's one of the twitter lawyer's being mentioned.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
:roll:

Get a grip, I am not arguing against you and never have. You must have understood something I did not say. I specifically answered the Sentinel who said it would be normal to defend someone of your own group.
That is my last post on this part of the topic.

Absinthe

Arcane
A media law firm would typically want to avoid social media presence like the plague. The stupid shit Mr. WolfLawyer here (who I am sure is not a furry) is talking about is precisely why a twitter presence isn't worth having, especially since for obvious reasons discussing ongoing court cases in public should not be done outside of curated statements. The downsides clearly significantly outweigh the benefits.

Sentinel

Arcane
TheSentinel is just making stuff up at this point, like stating he retired 10 years ago (wtf, even a cursory search about Avellone proves that is not true :lol:). Another leftie with a chip on his shoulder.
?
Avellone has stated multiple times that he has no interest in heading his own project ever again. He de facto retired as a writer. He's now a "narrative counselor" and "kickstarter stretchgoal". The biggest thing he did post-Obsidian was writing a side character in Pathfinder. Everything else either didn't make it to the final game or is just background world building stuff nobody cares about (Divinity Original Sin 2).
I'm not a leftie either, but thanks for playing straight into the picture I painted above lmao.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Meanwhile, what does Avellone have to lose?

As mentioned, loads of money. I don't know when exactly he approached the law firm, but I imagine he's had plenty of time to do a proper cost-benefit analysis.

You don't care about MCA because you like RPGs, you care about MCA because you like him and he posted here, so he's part of your "tribe" and you must defend him no matter what, which is why you also pointed out other RPG-devs that post here. He retired nearly 10 years ago. He has nothing to do with RPGs anymore.
"You care more about people you like than those who mean nothing to you", amazing psychological analysis.

:updatedmytxt:

Sentinel

Arcane
"You care more about people you like than those who mean nothing to you", amazing psychological analysis.

:updatedmytxt:
Amazing reading comprehension. This has nothing to do with caring or not caring, it's about what the caring leads you to do. But even that isn't relevant to what the original post was about, the conversation has completely derailed.

Sentinel

Arcane
And what did it lead us to do? Care about the case because we played games he was involved in, and believe he was innocent because no proof ever came out and he never admitted to it? That's terrible.
The original point was about feeling proud for defending Avellone, like that's an achievement and took any effort lol.

Avellone's behavior didn't indicate he was innocent, he apologized to one of the harpies, submitted to the others like a cuck and begged to be cancelled immediately. Usually when someone isn't guilty they deny accusations immediately. The only reason for submitting immediately like he did is 1) you know they have more dirt on you and you want the case to be over immediately or, as he claims, 2) he was so brainwashed he actually believed that being quiet was "letting other voices be heard". At the time, we had no reason to believe in 2), because no one knew the depths of Avellone's cuck status.

While we were all surprised by how much of a wet noodle he is when faced with confrontation, he never admitted to abuse (rapists don't say "I'm sorry things didn't work out") and as far as I know no proof of it ever came out, so I don't see much issue in being proud of believing in the innocence of someone you care about. People are proud of dumber things.

What we do have however are statements from companies saying they cut ties with him because they take sexual harassment very seriously (which is code for "we side with the crying woman immediately, proof is optional").

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom