Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

mondblut

Arcane
I think that you are mixing Avellone's ex-girlfiend Jackie and Jacqui Collins.

Yeah, I for one though that Karissa and the that one women with this texting is the same person.

So does most of the "reee, sexual predator!111" crowd, I bet.

Some must be genuinely surprised how is this famous movie producer Avellone litigating now after he killed himself in his prison cell?

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
So Chris was drunk and misconstrued her demeanor as "enthusiastic consent" so his recollection is that of a consensual thing.

I don't know about her but men are capable of doing really ugly fucking shit without even realizing doing it because that it is the culturally enforced thing. I doubt Chris is all that innocent and I don't like how he is resorting to some of the textbook perpetrator defenses. I would love for him to be really faultless here but find it unlikely.

Drunk women also misconstrue their demeanor as "enthusiastic consent" until the morning after. If you are looking for simping for drunken thots, you are in the wrong thread.

Marullus

Barely Literate
The thing is, those thots are probably broke as fuck. If there's any lawyer here, I'd like to know how expensive is it to defend against a libel case, assuming it isn't immediately dismissed.
That's USA we're speaking of. I bet there're dozens of charities which will gladly pay lawyer costs for poor victims of sexual predator.
In the wake of MeToo, TIME'S UP opened a legal defense fund on GoFundMe for this very purpose. They raised $24 million dollars. Given the publicity of this case, it is likely the defendants will receive some form of legal aid. There are lawyers who would jump at the chance to defend them. It's one of the rare instances in which they won't be seen as a blood sucking parasite, and there's a good chance the "bad man" will have to pay every penny of their inflated bills.

If you want a rough estimate of costs, Keemstar was sued in California by Nicko LaCoste, a Hollywood tattoo artist, for $3.5 million dollars after he came on his show to discuss the allegations of his sexually charged conversations with minors, which he admitted he had engaged in. Keemstar prevailed on a motion to dismiss and requested $150,000. The judge lowered that a bit to $140,000. That's what it costs to defend against a very poor case.

To anyone who thinks a lawyer wouldn't take a case like this if they didn't think they could win, I'll refer you back to my blood sucking parasite comment.

Last edited:

Dycedarg

Learned
It was absolutely not the correct choice. Do remember that around the same time Chris' accusers "came forward", pretty much the same thing happened to Seven Pesos Pedro. Except he's the one who handled it correctly. He immediately went in full offense mode, used all of his public platforms to vehemently deny the accusations and defend himself, got lawyered up within a day or two and started threatening/throwing lawsuits at his accusers.

Fast forward a year, Enraged Enrique's reputation is still 99.9% intact*, his career didn't take so much as a scratch and almost no one even mentions that case anymore. Compare that to Chris who chose to beg and grovel (or strategically do nothing as you claim :lol: ), who has been dropped and abandoned by p. much all of his "friends" and is entirely unemployable in the vidya industry because of his reputation as a sex molester.

*he did get banned from RetardEra, but it's, you know, RetardEra (although that may have been because of his "transphobic" review of The Last of Us 2, I can't remember)

Pretty much this. And frankly, some of Avellone's statements in his post sound completely delusional. Not necessarily because he was lying, but because that is not how those things work:

Others suggested the legal route. I didn’t want to do this. Often, the legal system is used to silence others. I do not believe any good ever comes of this. I do not want to silence anyone — I want the opposite. I want Karissa’s and Kelly’s story to be not only heard, but elevated, and I want them to speak more about what happened.

And after they have spoken, I want my response and the responses of others who witnessed the allegations to be heard as well… but Twitter and Facebook are not the place for these conversations because they are unlikely to be heard.

Angry Joe handed the situation correctly because he treated his accusers as enemies and the legal system as a weapon to silence and destroy them. If you're accused of something as heinous as sexual assault, that's how you are supposed to act.

Drunk women also misconstrue their demeanor as "enthusiastic consent" until the morning after. If you are looking for simping for drunken thots, you are in the wrong thread.

Drunk people can not give consent. Doesn't matter what she thought, said or felt in the moment if she was drunk and if she were, she would have every right to call it whatever she wanted to call it later on, even years later.

And if she were drunk and Chris made a move on her, that is basically sexual assault.

edit: Good to know we have potential rapists here at the Codex.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane

Drunk people can not give consent. Doesn't matter what she thought, said or felt in the moment if she was drunk and if she were, she would have every right to call it whatever she wanted to call it later on, even years later.

Unless they are men, hurr durr.

And if she were drunk and Chris made a move on her, that is basically sexual assault.

And if Chris was drunk and she made a move on him... Pah, why do I even bother. Begone, thot.

Poseidon00

Arcane
So Chris was drunk and misconstrued her demeanor as "enthusiastic consent" so his recollection is that of a consensual thing.

I don't know about her but men are capable of doing really ugly fucking shit without even realizing doing it because it is the culturally enforced thing. I doubt Chris is all that innocent

I agree but this is just con culture and they all bear responsibility.

Can't agree here, context matters and literally everyone knows cons are one big orgy. Getting drunk with a member of the opposite sex in the first place at a con is implied consent in my wholly honest opinion.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron

They were both drunk, but Chris is responsible for his actions whereas she is not responsible for hers...

Lambach

Arcane

giphy.gif

2/10, made me reply.

They were both drunk, but Chris is responsible for his actions whereas she is not responsible for hers...

Do we know they both were? If they were, Chris should also admit to it. I'll admit I don't know where or how to draw lines when both parties are drunk.

giphy.gif

2/10, made me reply.

If you don't agree with this very fundamental principle on consent, you are a potential rapist.

Dycedarg

Learned

Not really. But I'll let an american lawyer make my point for me:

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do we know they both were? If they were, Chris should also admit to it. I'll admit I don't know where or how to draw lines when both parties are drunk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intoxication_defense
You commit the crime, but the is no guilt because you are intoxicated basically.
There are also usually supporting laws against willingly intoxicating yourself to commit a crime and stuff, also different threshholds for which crimes you can commit with which BAC. You need more to get off scot free for murder than for robbery as an example.

Ideally the threshhold for losing your ability to give consent legally would be exactly the same as the one where the intoxication defense protects you fully, to not lead to any funky situations. I am not sure how high it is exactly in Kwan land however.

Also do not underestimate the amount of alcohol you need to intake to lose your legal ability to give consent, there are mountains of differences between drunk and dead drunk.

Not really. But I'll let an american lawyer make my point for me:

Angry men afraid that their right to coerce drunk women into sex without getting called rapists making up an absolute binary state, ignoring the gradient from drunk to incapacitated when even the definition of incapacitation is up for debate in a lot of cases. "Her eyes were open and she was mumbling, and I heard yes".

Law is often very dodgy on these things.

I fucked a couple of times while drunk. Where's your sympathy for me, you heartless bastard? :argh:

Heck, I hardly ever fucked sober. I am never fully 100% sober to begin with. Halp, I've been subjected to a torrent of rape and sexual abuse for the entirety of my adult life!

You might like to ask yourself why it is that you almost always were drunk when you had sex, what you were really looking to get out of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom