Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview GameSpot Play For All 2021: Swen Vincke on Baldur's Gate 3

Zeriel

Arcane
Holy hell the broad in the picture looks so horrible I thought it was done kind of sjw parody. Only thing missing are the spikey glasses.
I still don't understand what happened to larian divine divinity was genuinely good and all the other games at least up to dragon commander were at least in part fun and had creative ideas. I guess they became so big that they hired an HR department

Success always does that to a company. It's a rule. Sure leaves the consumer with a paradox though--are you supposed to hope a company you like loses money to remain small? Well then they might go out of business. But if they do super well, then they'll be corrupted by money and end up a parody of themselves.

The older I get the more I realize you just shouldn't attach any sentiment to individual companies, and enjoy the rare few good games that come out as exceptions to the rule and never expect lightning to strike twice for the same company. It's why eurojank was for a while the great hope of RPGs--at least you hadn't hyped yourself up with the PR bullshit, so when they were mediocre but average games they came across as really fun surprises, because you never had any expectations.

Am I the only one who gets irrationally angry whenever I see the characters in this game? They look half retarded and half pretentious, a combination I never thought possible
they are way too 'clean' looking, like they are all about to go to a french manor in their puffy shirts and powdered whigs, their armour always looks shiny, unmarked and unused like museum or art pieces, even the blood just looks like bright red paint spilled on the ground.

jackofshadows

Magister
they are way too 'clean' looking, like they are all about to go to a french manor in their puffy shirts and powdered whigs, their armour always looks shiny, unmarked and unused like museum or art pieces, even the blood just looks like bright red paint spilled on the ground.
Swen were mumbling something about "dirt system" they are working on, to make more gritty look for adventures but I'll beleive it when I see it.

Swen were mumbling something about "dirt system" they are working on, to make more gritty look for adventures but I'll beleive it when I see it.
I hope they do this, it would really improve how it looks IMO (probably)

Zeriel

Arcane
BG3 is like a crumb next to WOTR's nearly full meal right now though in terms of content. And WOTR's actually full meal will be out long before BG3, afair they were now saying that they might not even hit launching in 2022.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The only thing Swen should appear at is his execution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom