Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Olinser

Savant
playing warhammer for the...... startegy layer!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I have a friend has been doing this for years, I just can't understand WTF he is doing, and not just the WH Total War games but he started out doing it with the really old Total War games, like the first ones. He said he basically has never fought the battles, just likes the strategy layer...

I try and tell him there are other games that are actually designed to be strategy games..but he does not care..I totally don't get it.
Just force him to play a real 4X game, it will blow his tiny mind.

And by 'real 4x' make sure not Paradox unless he plans to spend hundreds of dollars on a single game that gets radically changed whether he likes it or not.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
playing warhammer for the...... startegy layer!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I have a friend has been doing this for years, I just can't understand WTF he is doing, and not just the WH Total War games but he started out doing it with the really old Total War games, like the first ones. He said he basically has never fought the battles, just likes the strategy layer...

I try and tell him there are other games that are actually designed to be strategy games..but he does not care..I totally don't get it.
Just force him to play a real 4X game, it will blow his tiny mind.

And by 'real 4x' make sure not Paradox unless he plans to spend hundreds of dollars on a single game that gets radically changed whether he likes it or not.
Paradox doesn't make 4X games at all.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In my case the problem of cavarly is that get stuck easily:
Wwhen you order them to fall back sometime a part of the units just keep figthing while the rest of the knighst just crawl through the enemy units like they were in a sort of molasse
Unit AI is a crapfest anyway...
You give a unit an order and it just forgets about it as soon as it can get away with it.

"Attack this unit!"
"Okay!"
Proceeds to attack target for one second until target moves away and forgets about the order... Makes "cleanup" units like Scurvy Dogs, etc. practically useless unless you have the time to micro-manage them.
Yeah, sorry, I am controlling two armies in this battle. That's 40 units - I do NOT have the time to micro-manage stuff like that...

But cavalry specifically is the worst.
Logically, cavalry should cycle-charge on their own - at the very least there should be a mode for that (akin to skirmish mode for ranged units).
But in TW cavalry units just forget that they are cavalry units once their initial charge is done.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Proceeds to attack target for one second until target moves away and forgets about the order
Sounds like the defense mode enabled.

I also always wanted the implementation of user assigned zones of fire for ranged units, e.g. fire only in the farther part of a cone in order to avoid friendly fire. But well simply make the AI less retarded in terms of shooting in the back of their fellow comrades will work as well.

His Dudeness

Augur
oqAKI1.jpg

Gotta love the way the AI handles its lords...
What's wrong with that? He has fun with doomwheel.

Red Line is completely wasted.

There is a respec mod in the workshop that only allows one respec per game. That was my solution to this bullshit.

A horse of course

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-2-silence-and-fury-release-date-faq/

Total War: WARHAMMER II – The Silence & The Fury FAQ
Total War: WARHAMMER II
Ben Barrett

July 1 2021

The Silence & The Fury is the next, final, and be(a)st Legendary Lords Pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II. The clamorous horde of Taurox’s Beastmen will meet with the deadliest Lizardmen Oxyotl can command. Only one can claim victory as Taurox rampages his way across the land to fulfil a new pact with the Chaos Gods and Oxyotl desperately tries to save all living things by stopping him. How about a little trailer?

And here’s our reveal stream:

Each brings a host of new units, unique powers, and a brand-new campaign to the world of WARHAMMER II. Naturally, they sit alongside a hefty free update which includes a quite (m)awesome surprise.

The Silence & The Fury includes:

• Two unique Legendary Lords leading their own factions:
  • Oxyotl, He Who Hunts Unseen, for the Lizardmen
  • Taurox the Brass Bull leading the Beastmen
  • Powerful new units and Heroes for both the Lizardmen and the Beastmen, including:
    • The mighty Jabberslythe and other monsters for the Beastmen
    • Flying snakes, blind monsters, and new Skinks for the Lizardmen
    • A unique campaign narrative for both factions, with special mechanics on the campaign map.

There is also the massive free update coming at the same time which includes a number of elements you’ll learn more about below and over the next 24 hours.

For more info, screenshots, and to pre-order now, head on over to Steam.

SILENCE & FURY BASICS

warhammer-2-silence-and-fury-1-1024x576.jpg

WHEN IS THE SILENCE AND THE FURY’S RELEASE DATE?

The Silence and The Fury will launch July 14th.

IS THERE A PRE-PURCHASE DISCOUNT?

Yup, you can get 10% off right now until launch day.

SILENCE & FURY CONTENT

WHAT IS THE SILENCE AND THE FURY?

The Silence and The Fury is the latest and final Lord Pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II, introducing two new legendary lords, new units, and a host of other changes and additions.

WHAT IS A LORD PACK?

Lord Packs are our standard DLC for Total War: WARHAMMER II and add two new lords for two factions, giving them unique campaign starts and goals, as well as unique lord abilities. It gives you two new campaigns to play in both Vortex and Mortal Empires. Plus, you will face off against these lords in your future campaigns even if you don’t buy the DLC.

07_TWWHII_SF_Taurox_Campaign2-1024x576.jpg

WHO ARE THE NEW LEGENDARY LORDS IN THE SILENCE AND THE FURY?

For the Beastmen comes Taurox – ‘the Fury’ – a nigh-invulnerable Doombull with but one weakspot at his neck, the only part of his body not covered in brass. Taunted and beguiled by the Chaos Gods, he believes he can finish his ascendence and become unstoppable if he simply completes a ritual to Chaos and lets it flood into the world. True or not, he gathers the herd to find the Heart of the Dark, completing other, minor rituals to locate it and begin his work.

Oxyotl – ‘The Silence’ – is a Skink and Lizardmen lord, stealthy and with the ability to sense Chaos. Taurox’s rituals and plan has garnered Oxyotl’s attention, and he knows he must stop the Beastmen if the world is to remain, relatively, peaceful. With his focus on stealth, Oxyotl must revive Silent Sanctums in the secret places of the world and gain the power needed to stop Taurox.

06_TWWHII_SF_Troglodon-1024x576.jpg

WHAT NEW UNITS ARE COMING IN THE SILENCE AND THE FURY?

The Silence and The Fury will include new units for the Beastmen and Lizardmen factions. On the Beastmen side we have:

• The Doombull (Lord) – the most ferocious minotaurs ever born, they’re powerful, resilient, and daze opponents in combat.
  • Wargor (Hero) – carrying a mace and shield they are brutal leaders for their kin, improving their fighting capabilities.
  • Tuskgor Chariot – beast-drawn chariots with vanguard deployment.
  • Ghorgon (Monster) – giant and mutated minotaurs, deceptively fast, and perfect for taking on larger enemies.
  • Jabberslythe (Monster) – a powerful, horrifying fusion of toad, sludge-drake, and insect. Area of effect attacks, debuffs, and worth as much as a Charlemagne.

And for the Lizardmen:

• Skink Oracle (Hero) – a spellcaster with access to a unique selection of spells from various lores.
  • Chameleon Stalkers (Infantry) – ambush units with an explosive dart first-strike ability.
  • Coatl (Flying Monster) – highly intelligent, very scary, and able to hide their allies and bring forth lightning with their magic.
  • Troglodon (Monster) – poison-dealing monsters that can also shoot their venomous spit, which is effective against larger targets.

There are also a selection of new Regiments of Renown coming to both factions.

05_TWWHII_SF_Jabberslythe-1024x576.jpg

WHAT ARE THE UNIQUE MECHANICS FOR OXYOTL AND TAUROX?

Taurox, as well as benefitting from the Beastmen redesign detailed below, rampages through the land with the ability to rapidly move from battle to battle. Defeating enemies, razing cities, and other acts of wanton destruction give him Momentum, which allows him to rampage even further. A single turn for Taurox can encompass many battles, razing of settlements, and blood flowing. His other powers all enhance this, creating more and more power in a region as he serves the slaughter. He begins in the Obsidian Peaks region at the Western edges of the New World.

Oxyotl is a stealthier but no less dangerous foe. He exploits and develops the Silent Sanctums that exist around the world, and his intimate knowledge of the machinations of Chaos allow him to locate and battle threats to the natural order of things regularly. This makes him extremely mobile on the map, and he is never caught trespassing in enemy territory. As a natural enemy of Chaos and the greatest of living Skinks, he gains bonus experience fighting the former and is an expert at leading the latter. Kin with any climate, Oxyotl begins his campaign in the cold north of the Deadwood.

More details on both legendary lords and their unique mechanics, as well as the big upgrades coming to Beastmen and Dwarfs, will be detailed in the coming weeks leading up to launch on July 14th.

SILENCE & FURY FREE CONTENT

WHAT IS IN THE FREE PATCH ALONGSIDE THE SILENCE AND THE FURY, 1.12.0?

There will be two major parts of the free patch that lands with the DLC – updates for the Beastmen… and smaller but still significant changes to one more faction you’ll find out about tomorrow.

The Beastmen update will keep their destructive, horde nature but allow them to temporarily settle down in a region around a herdstone. This forms the central theme of Taurox’s campaign to appease Chaos, but all Beastmen factions will be able to interact with them. Once the land around a herdstone has been razed and harvested for all the slaughter it can offer, the Beastmen will move on, leaving true destruction in their wake.

We’ll see you back here tomorrow, when we’ll talk about a new Dwarf legendary lord, mercenary reinforcements, and a new Beastmen lord.
E2WNkq9.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
oqAKI1.jpg

Gotta love the way the AI handles its lords...
What's wrong with that? He has fun with doomwheel.

Red Line is completely wasted.

There is a respec mod in the workshop that only allows one respec per game. That was my solution to this bullshit.
Why bullshit? Play it as challenge mode. He's still FAR better than generic lord, and 5 points put into that doesn't hurt anything.

Bullshit is all these respawnable enemy heroes and lords because some PLAYERS couldn't handle defeat and losing level 22 lord in surprise attack. And now it's impossible to get rid of AI high level assassins and heroes. When legendary leaders were ONLY leaders that were able survive, yea that gave them value.

But now. Game is losing Strategic decisions. Sending legendary lord at high risk mission? Any level 20+ leader can survive catastrophic defeat. Putting a leader to garrison defense, and risking it but have MASSIVE advantage. Well high level garrisons have a lord YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR as part of garrison.

Well high level garrisons have a lord YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR as part of garrison.

Ahh yes, level 1 generic lords with no equipment. Famous for killing 10 skavenslaves on VH before being routed.

Of course lets not forget the ones who have a magic missile spell and can kill 60. Good luck aiming it properly without a mount though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Or vampires who can kill about 400 enemy units. Or ork war boss which can stabilize whole front line and crush few monsters. Frankly when every T3 settlement have one bonus leader, it's both massive advantage and massive reduction in variability. And lack of variety is a problem for multiple plathroughts.

Or vampires who can kill about 400 enemy units. Or ork war boss which can stabilize whole front line and crush few monsters.

Rank 1 lord with no abilities unlocked? Are you nuts?

I just tested vampire lord vs. rank 1 Empire swordsmen on normal difficulty. He got 87 kills. vs. rank 9 swordsmen on hard difficulty he got only 43 kills. On VH difficulty it went down to 27 kills.

I'm pretty sure there are exactly zero level 1 generic lords in TWWH who can beat even a single decent monster. Just tested Warboss vs. rank 1 Varghulf on normal difficulty and Varghulf won with 30% of its health left. Granted it was because the warboss routed but the idea that you could fight any kind of monster with ranks or difficulty bonuses is a joke, you could barely stand up.

Frankly when every T3 settlement have one bonus leader, it's both massive advantage and massive reduction in variability. And lack of variety is a problem for multiple plathroughts.

No, a massive advantage is when you get artillery or guns or something that can actually get hundreds of kills in a chokepoint. And defending armies never have a massive advantage when the AI can send 40+ units at you if it wants.

I do agree the lack of variety is bad and garrisons should be customizable. Three Kingdoms had a really good system for that where you could garrison e.g. you cavalry general with 6 heavy cavalry to defend the border at no upkeep. Great feature that really added to the strategy.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Well high level garrisons have a lord YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR as part of garrison.
Level 1 hero, actually. Which are pretty rubbish.
What does give an advantage are ranged units and artillery, which not every faction has. The balance is a bit of a clusterfuck when it comes to siegecraft. Some factions are good at it, others are laughably terrible.[/QUOTE]

Then there's factions like Skaven that get not only artillery and ratling guns and warpfire throwers but also get their special warp bomb ability to allah ackbar their summoned skavenslaves and get 1000 free kills per defensive battle. Also you get the extra skavenslave summons to snipe the enemy artillery once it's left alone and vulnerable.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Then there's factions like Skaven that get not only artillery and ratling guns but also get their special warp bomb ability to allah ackbar their summoned skavenslaves and get 1000 free kills per defensive battle. And by factions like Skaven I mean just Skaven because only Skaven get to be overpowered. Also you get the extra skavenslave summons to snipe the enemy artillery once it's left alone and vulnerable.

Yeah, fuck Skaven, and fuck CA for being a bunch of Skaven fanboys.
Every DLC they get stronger, and they are the only faction to get something like two DLC in a row. It's pretty ridiculous.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So far it looks like everyone gets thrown some scrap, dwarves are supposedly also getting changed around a bit and we're getting ogre mercs.

Mazisky

Magister
So in the blog they say we get many Ogre Units as free update for Warhammer 2 but they also imply that we will see more ogres in the future.

Maybe full Ogre Kingdom is the pre order bonus

ogr_warrior_concept-1024x576.jpg

ogr_maneater-1024x576.jpg

ogr_mournfang-1024x576.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Then there's factions like Skaven that get not only artillery and ratling guns and warpfire throwers but also get their special warp bomb ability to allah ackbar their summoned skavenslaves and get 1000 free kills per defensive battle. Also you get the extra skavenslave summons to snipe the enemy artillery once it's left alone and vulnerable.
Don't forget that the skaven towers are also far and above the best ones, and at the highest rank are basically free helstorm rocket batteries. And that with it's warp lightning, the warlock engineer is probably the most useful garrison hero in the entire game.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At least the game doesn't allow you to place ratling guns on walls...

Which is bullshit, btw, it absolutely should allow you to do that (and maybe make it impossible to move them down).
But I understand why they did that.

i had the most fun with this game since i installed the mod which lets assign ai to any of my own units. i usually keep only leaders and heroes.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
i had the most fun with this game since i installed the mod which lets assign ai to any of my own units. i usually keep only leaders and heroes.
This one?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1165729756

That sounds pretty amazing.
I wouldn't even have thought it possible to create a mod like that...
Seems to be a bit cumbersome to use, but better than nothing.

However, that doesn't solve the large battles / 20+ units problem all that well.
That's 40 units - I do NOT have the time to micro-manage stuff like that...
Allowing players to control more than 20 units is just bad design. More≠better.
Sometimes, you can give the second army to AI. Sometimes not - I have no clue how this is determined.
The problem with giving one army to AI is that it is completely braindead and you cannot even give basic orders. Really only suitable for a chaff army.

Aemar

Arcane

Could be the first step towards the implementation of the Dogs of War mercenary regiments.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom