Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Holy shit, I might have undiagnosed autism. Or rather diagnosed, since it's being diagnosed on the internet.

CHEMS

Scholar
I found some of those vanity items:

You can find two Ceramic Watches on Core City residential level: one in the house with the burglar in it, another can be stolen from the Praetorean Headquarters if i remember correctly

Vivian Young carry Amber Earings

Since i always go murder hobo on Percival, you can loot a unique Organic Watch that i think is related to the new way to enter the Institute

I also found a blue rarity helmet named Iron Head from the... Iron head guy in the camp near the entrance to the facility where you get the capacitator thingy to disable the plasma walkers in Rail Crossing. It offers 15% protection against explosions. I think Styg wants a Suicide Bomber build to be viable since he added this and tweaked the blast suit.

ciox

Liturgist
That sounds worse than a good blast balaclava, maybe the other properties make the helmet worth it.

CHEMS

Scholar
There's nothing else to it, really. Besides a cool evil looking sprite.

I also noticed a new item called stablilization wings, the tooltip says it's a component to "various incendiary bolts" yet it won't fit in any recipes i have.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The new dungeon in Upper Underrail gives you the new route into the Institute. Considering it's placement, it definitely seems meant to provide a more stealthy alternative to being Denzil's errand-boy. Though I did after getting access the usual way, gotta see if it actually gives you a 100% stealthy entrance to the Institute on a new character.

CHEMS

Scholar
Entering the institute stealthly doesn't seem too good to me. You'll probably aggro everyone and miss a good amount of XP doing their easy quests.

I think i'm gonna do a metathermics puncher on hard difficulty just so i can try the plasma beam.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Entering the institute stealthly doesn't seem too good to me. You'll probably aggro everyone and miss a good amount of XP doing their easy quests.

I think i'm gonna do a metathermics puncher on hard difficulty just so i can try the plasma beam.

Wonder how would you evade the problem with lack of your DNA in their database. Everyone who has access to institute has his DNA deposited[the blood test]. They can easily check if you do not belong if you warrant suspicion. Styg could even add a quest to stealth through to tchortist storage and add your sample to validate your "membership".

ciox

Liturgist

I also noticed a new item called stablilization wings, the tooltip says it's a component to "various incendiary bolts" yet it won't fit in any recipes i have.

Huh, maybe it's the component for making spears better, specifically their throwing, and the description is wrong.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

Huh, maybe it's the component for making spears better, specifically their throwing, and the description is wrong.
It is.
Intercontinental-Ballistic-Spear.png

Man, can sledgehammers even compete anymore?

CHEMS

Scholar
For spears? Why the fuck the tooltip was even talking about bolts, though?

Yeah, you're right. Ghulgothas found it. I'm gonna ditch the puncher build. I'm gonna do a meme build: SI PSYCHOTIC MANIC CROSSBOW METATHERMIC WITH LAZORS. I'm pretty sure the gameplay will be somewhat janky, but i will do it for fun. If the plasma beam can't crit, i will be very dissapointed.

Initial stat spread is gonna be 3, 5, 3, 9, 5, 7, 8. This build will lack base damage obviously, but will make up for dishing crits all around.

CHEMS

Scholar
Spiked hammers make no sense to me. My experience with hammers was just deleting one baddie with a single hit. Thirst for Blood already benefits from kills alone. Bleeding hammers are useless imo.

CHEMS

Scholar
Two new things: Found a Engraved Cigarette Case, vanity item, held by Athanas in junkyard.

Also i noticed now a new NPC, Coral, next to Abram in junkyard. A palm reader. Think this is a new random event.

Edit: she sells lucky charms. I bought all of them: the psi beetle paw, the warhog paw, the cat paw, the dog paw, the rathound paw and the hopper paw. She says you have to carry them for good luck or something, and they hold psionic souls. Bought all of them and i'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Two new things: Found a Engraved Cigarette Case, vanity item, held by Athanas in junkyard.

Also i noticed now a new NPC, Coral, next to Abram in junkyard. A palm reader. Think this is a new random event.

Edit: she sells lucky charms. I bought all of them: the psi beetle paw, the warhog paw, the cat paw, the dog paw, the rathound paw and the hopper paw. She says you have to carry them for good luck or something, and they hold psionic souls. Bought all of them and i'll see what happens.

Lucky you. She appeared at the SGS docks at the very beginning where I did not have 30 charons to do the reading. Yeah too bad I did not even have 30 SGS dollah left.
:stunned:

just

Liturgist

gypsy scammed you

Plasma Beam for psi... styg must know how lame and boring the playstyle is, what other reason could he have for giving it plasma pistol with a beam instead of a ball :decline:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
clearly there are many spells missing. Ill assemble small, incomplete list

- [force] sends a pebble with high speed over large distances. Compatible with aim feats
- [ice] stab enemy in melee with handheld icicle, 10% crit chance and 150% multiplier
- [fire] places napalm fire breath trap on given area. detection scales with your psi skill
- [energy] fire energy beam from your index finger
- [acid] fire rusting acid blob from your index finger
- ice hammer
- big icicle that you can throw
- muffle movement -> removes up to 95% armor penalty for sneaking

Ghulgothas

Arcane

gypsy scammed you
Wrong. If you have all of them on you when you're at the final boss, the souls trapped within will emerge and zap Tchort back to the Shadow Realm.

CHEMS

Scholar
gypsy scammed you

Nonsense. I bought those exquisite trinkets because i'm really rich. This kind of native beauty, finely crafted artifacts are one of a kind, purple quality. Like i said, i'm really rich and i want to flex my wealth on the faces of all zoners, especially filthy filthy zoners from Junkyard. Don't hate me because i can afford it.

3500.jpg

Sykar

Arcane
gypsy scammed you

Nonsense. I bought those exquisite trinkets because i'm really rich. This kind of native beauty, finely crafted artifacts are one of a kind, purple quality. Like i said, i'm really rich and i want to flex my wealth on the faces of all zoners, especially filthy filthy zoners from Junkyard. Don't hate me because i can afford it.

3500.jpg

Well she does warn you to not have 2 or more charms though since then they bring misfortune so... good luck!

CHEMS

Scholar
gypsy scammed you

3500.jpg

Well she does warn you to not have 2 or more charms though since then they bring misfortune so... good luck!

I have 9 now. Found her again at the Hanging Rat. Bought charms made from Coil Spiders, Burrowers, Death Stalkers and Siphoners. But i only carry in my utility slot the psi beetle one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom