Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
He did get a friend of mine drunk though I've seen the photos lol.

Ah, so he does have a habit of getting people drunk. Fits the narrative.
Did he force your friend to drink? You are just butthurt that nobody ever bought you a drink.
Your imaginary friend(i doubt you have any) should have said no. We should ban people from buying drinks. Let's bring back the prohibition. The American Mafia needs a comeback like in the 1930's. Avellone can be the don he always wanted to be. The new Salvatore Lucania(Lucky Luciano for the noobs) who also had great charisma and liked to bang all the whores :)

Last edited:

So casual sex is bad, and sharing friendly drinks too, now ?

Didn't say it was bad. Just that it fits the narrative. And sharing friendly drinks is one thing. "Getting people drunk" is another. I have gotten drunk plenty with my friends but never have "gotten anyone drunk" really.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't say it was bad. Just that it fits the narrative. And sharing friendly drinks is one thing. "Getting people drunk" is another. I have gotten drunk plenty with my friends but never have "gotten anyone drunk" really.
Any person, at any moment has the right to refuse drinks when offered. No one forced anyone to drink. Unless you're Karissa and you're bringing new information, backed by proof, to the table.

We're all adults here. Or, at least, we thought we were before this kind of crap started to happen.

And I'm not sure where you're going with this. What's the end goal for you here? Because as far as I'm seeing, you're staring at a dead end.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Then it sounds like you are a cheap person who never pays for other people's drinks. Maybe you feel entitled and expect them to buy you drinks?

Unless you are applying any kind of pressure to cause them to drink to excess (such as physically forcing them or trying to pressure them into it) all that you would be doing would be being willing to keep paying for or providing drinks that someone else was willingly drinking.

And while a person can still be trying to target someone to take advantage of them in this case, it is very dishonest to put the agency on them instead of the person who chooses to continue drinking to excess. But people trying to portray themselves as victims will frequently diminish or entirely deny their own agency.

And by all accounts for Chris's case he does not appear to be buying drinks in a targeted manner for manipulative purposes. He seemingly buys drinks for people he is hanging out with regardless of age (well not people under 21 hopefully), sex, or whatever else.

Mustawd

A lot of people may disagree with me here, but to play Devil’s Advocate, I think it’s fair to say that a pattern does indeed exist:

1.) That CMA enjoys/enjoyed frequenting bars and drinking alcohol at Cons

2.) That he enjoys casual and consensual sex with the opposite sex

That he has gotten a reputation as a horny “creep” by some women is not surprising. That there is a perception that he uses his standing and status as a big name game dev (at the time) is also not surprising (nor illegal).

Whatever moral judgements anyone wants to make of those points above is their choice. However, none of this implies that he actively pursued women that were not over the age of consent or that he preyed on inebriated women for sexual purposes.

These things seem to get twisted so easily that being a womanizing jerk who used so-and-so’s friend for sex transforms to predatory creep that then transforms to rapist and abuser. And that’s not right.

EDIT: Spelling/grammar

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Many many years ago I had this exact same shit happened to me. The girl that was introduced to me by a friend of mine had this kind of behavior making desperate signals her pussy is wet and ripe for me to harvest (needless to say all this stuff was happening in the social networking context). She was cute and I thought I’d be stupid not to reciprocate. And then I made this same fucking mistake: sent her a very similar message proposing to have a sexual intercourse (yes, maybe even more blatant and stupid than Avellone’s). Boy was I stupid and boy was this backfiring at me during the many years to come. No surprise it turned out I misinterpreted everything.

Men are such silly things unable to deal with their overwhelming sexuality.

We are with you, Marilyn. We are with you.

mondblut

Arcane
Many many years ago I had this exact same shit happened to me. The girl that was introduced to me by a friend of mine had this kind of behavior making desperate signals her pussy is wet and ripe for me to harvest (needless to say all this stuff was happening in the social networking context). She was cute and I thought I’d be stupid not to reciprocate. And then I made this same fucking mistake: sent her a very similar message proposing to have a sexual intercourse (yes, maybe even more blatant and stupid than Avellone’s). Boy was I stupid and boy was this backfiring at me during the many years to come. No surprise it turned out I misinterpreted everything.

Men are such silly things unable to deal with their overwhelming sexuality.

Oh boy, how did men even manage it all before texting was invented? Poor sods were limited to means of communication that left no trace. Imagine the difficulties!

jackofshadows

Magister
A lot of people may disagree with me here:

1.) That CMA enjoys/enjoyed frequenting bars and drinking alcohol at Cons

2.) That he enjoys casual and consensual sex with the opposite sex
Wow. That was soooo controversial. I'm shocked to the core.
That he has gotten a reputation as a horny “creep” by some women is not surprising. That there is a perception that he uses his standing and status as a big name game dev (at the time) is also not surprising (nor illegal).
I have no idea about that aside from twatter cunts narrative year old but be kind, please enlighten me.

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
And while a person can still be trying to target someone to take advantage of them in this case, it is very dishonest to put the agency on them instead of the person who chooses to continue drinking to excess. But people trying to portray themselves as victims will frequently diminish or entirely deny their own agency.

Some women say they want to be treated as equals, yet when it comes to their own personal responsibility they suddenly become special needs disabled victims.

They need to pick one and stick with it.

Absinthe

Arcane
Honestly, this is the last thing he needs to do now if he wants to secure any job in the future.
Honestly, loads of developers have posted on the codex without issue. I really don't think posting on RPG Codex would affect Chris Avellone's career. Yes, this place is hated by certain crowds (cancel culture crowds), but any oversensitive cancel culture types are already going to hate on Chris Avellone regardless of whether or not he posts here, and playing by their ill-intentioned rules won't achieve anything other than a poor state of mental health. Also, those people hardly buy games anyway, so whenever they get mad it's the most impotent of boycotts, just hot air and people trying to get into your head and convince you you should shoot yourself in the foot by listening to them even though they clearly don't have your best interests at heart.

With that said, posting about his court case on the Codex is a stupid idea since you want to have pretty much everything vetted by your lawyers beforehand.

Last edited:

Mustawd

I, for one, would love to be a fly on the wall when CMA and his lawyers have a conversation about posting on the codex…

“You want to post what??! No Chris, you can’t call that poster a quote “Cum-guzzling faggot” end quote”

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Did he force your friend to drink? You are just butthurt that nobody ever bought you a drink.
Your imaginary friend(i doubt you have any) should have said no. We should ban people from buying drinks. Let's bring back the prohibition.

I'm not against drinking in general if a dev team decides to go to a bar off the clock fine what ever that's on them,
but when the studio is doing it on clock and you've got a choice to either stay in the office and be exploited or go and drink,
yeah you feel the pressure big time because everyone that goes drinking gets the better jobs, the better pay and a lot of the time gets out of doing work.

The following morning you find your director, all the producers and programmers passed out and your deadline is tomorrow. It's a real bad situation to be in and one I've lived.

I was calling on more professionalism during work hours that's all. I'm not going on some moral crusade against alcohol I still drink occasionally but I'm very careful about it due to family history.
Its more I feel bad for Chris in that this pressure to drink has unfortunately lead him to make bad choices like texting an adult film actress at 3am and failing miserably at flirting like a 13 year old on ICQ.

Mustawd

I never work sober.

gettyimages-871379730-copy.jpg

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Oh boy, how did men even manage it all before texting was invented? Poor sods were limited to means of communication that left no trace. Imagine the difficulties!
I am sure this thing is as old as the world itself. I’ve read once even chimps have a natural habit to plot and intrigue. Social modules is a very much thing for us primates. The medium this shit propagates through is secondary.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Chimpazees males buy sex with females by buying them with food when the leader of the group isnt around , if a chimpazee female understands the value of selling sex for valuable stuff has, unless you imagine the average woman has the IQ worse than a female chimpazee, I dont think the concept of dangling sex access in exchange of stuff is something they dont understand. What is next? Are we going to need to do the whole banana/condom style sex education for adults too so they can understand how the mysterious human mating ritual works?

mondblut

Arcane
I am sure this thing is as old as the world itself. I’ve read once even chimps have a natural habit to plot and intrigue. Social modules is a very much thing for us primates. The medium this shit propagates through is secondary.

:roll:

Chimps don't have means to screencap their interactions. Lucky little bastards.

0wca

Learned
Funny thing is, she liked his tweet which suggests that MCA could probably show us some lewd conversation on her part if he wanted to.

He fucked up his come on. If he'd been a little more subtle he'd probably have had his head betwixt her thighs that night.

I used to think that. Now that I've seen what she looks like, I choose to believe that his subconscious was getting her to fuck off before he ended up with chlamydia.
If he had given her head that night he would have been left facially ravaged by who knows what.

I’m talking red skull/crypt keeper shit

Ever see the movie "Teeth"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom