Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Early Access Update: New Location - The Factory

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game; Iron Tower Studio

The first new location to be added to the Colony Ship Early Access build is the Factory, the abandoned industrial complex that now serves as a road between the Pit (where the game begins) and the Habitat (where the major factions dwell). We first learned about Vault Dweller's plans for the Factory way back in 2017 and it sounds like he's stuck to them, including a three way conflict between two local gangs and a mercenary outfit with five different outcomes. However, the stealth path isn't ready yet and will only be added next month. Here's the update announcement:

After two months of work we proudly present the next location - the Factory, an abandoned industrial complex sitting between the Pit and the Habitat (your current destination).

“Before the Mutiny, a rail system suspended high in the Factory's metal canopy would deliver citizens to the dismal warehouses and distribution facilities where they spent their working days. Not surprisingly, that's where the revolt started, quickly spreading throughout the Ship. The factories were looted and stripped for parts, the railway blown up to cut off the Mission Control from the Habitat and prevent reinforcements from pouring in.

Within a few decades, the Factory had been mostly abandoned until growing trade between the Pit and the Habitat turned it into a new Silk Road...”

It features a fun three-way between Thy Brother's Keepers, The Black Hand, and Detroit City, which can end in five different ways.

Right now you can fight or talk your way through. A stealth path will be added in July (if you played our first game, think infiltrating Antidas' palace, only in turn-based stealth mode).
Seems like Iron Tower haven't quite managed to stick to the schedule they laid out in the game's Early Access FAQ, but it's close enough.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Seems like Iron Tower haven't quite managed to stick to the schedule they laid out in the game's Early Access FAQ, but it's close enough.

I'll take quality over timetable any day of the week as long as Iron Tower is sticking to their guns. Good for them.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Bought this recently and honestly, after struggling with AoD's early 2000s 3D graphics (makes you wish the game was isometric 2D instead), I was stunned by how good this game looks. The character movement is probably the roughest part, but the environment looks amazing.
And items in the inventory look great as well

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Bought this recently and honestly, after struggling with AoD's early 2000s 3D graphics (makes you wish the game was isometric 2D instead), I was stunned by how good this game looks. The character movement is probably the roughest part, but the environment looks amazing.

Agreed

Flying Dutchman

Learned

How big is the team again? I know people don't usually consider this, but if it's a small team making good graphics and gameplay, that's even a bigger accomplishment than suprah-HUGE UBI-OMNISOFT studios can claim.

Zeriel

Arcane

To be fair their art design was always good, AOD had some really good art once you got past the limitations of the tech.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
How big is the team again? I know people don't usually consider this, but if it's a small team making good graphics and gameplay, that's even a bigger accomplishment than suprah-HUGE UBI-OMNISOFT studios can claim.

We are 5 currently, and a couple of contractors. Mazin does all the amazing 2D art like the portraits, and I handle the level building.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Can't wait to whack em frogs with muh STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN in totally realistic and MATURE CRPG.

Corvinus

Arcane
Can't wait to whack em frogs with muh STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN in totally realistic and MATURE CRPG.

Yeah, something is missing all right. I greatly enjoyed AoD and I wanted to like Colony Ship, but no...

While I'm sure it will be competently made and better than most contemporary cRPGs (the latter being far from a herculean feat in 2021), I'm not a fan of the setting, nor the writing. The music I've heard is a bad fit as well, I think.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

We are 5 currently, and a couple of contractors. Mazin does all the amazing 2D art like the portraits, and I handle the level building.
Any eta on optimization game is unplayable on ryzen 5 3400g

Zeriel

Arcane

>onboard graphics

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

>onboard graphics

Pretty sure you dont need gtx 970 in reccomended specs.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The recommended specs come from Unreal. Either way, we'll take a look when we're done with the current workload.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The recommended specs come from Unreal. Either way, we'll take a look when we're done with the current workload.
I get ~40 FPS at 2560x1600 on a mix of 7 to 10 year old hardware: i5-2500k and R290.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom