Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Why I fell out of love with KOTOR

makashimaster2

Barely Literate
while a good amount of fair points are made to this game I do think you are unfair to it in some areas. this is mostly about the characters because I have not played the game in a while.
most of the companions have little impact on the main storyline but that is no reason to get rid of them. they still provide depth and interest to the game and the game is better for having them.
Jolee is kind of your mentor throughout the game. his stories offer a timeless perspective and make you think about the ways of the Jedi.
Juhani is kind of boring after Dantooine but is not awful by any standards.
also, they are two completely different characters, how the hell would you combine them?

did you forget about Zaalbars storyline on Kashyyyk? and the missions storyline on Tatooine? I like their storylines and they add to the star wars feel. what else do you want?
again combining them into Ban makes no sense because she has nothing in common with either of them.

As far as i know, Carth does not have PTSD. he has trust issues.

Bastila and Anakin are very different characters. Bastila followed the Jedi code and made a bad relationship with her parents while Anakin was an orphan who was reckless to a fault.
They do echo each other but that is the point. KOTOR still does its own thing and echoes the original trilogy but is much more creative and in-depth about it.

Malak is kind of a weak villain but i think that actually kind of works because of one reason.
he took your place.
Malak is a weak ass brute who stole your position and all your hard work. the fact he is kind of a mustache-twirling idiot kind of works because he took your place. it feels personal that he is doing a worse job than you and stabbed you in the back. are you really going to let this impatient asshole take all your stuff and do it worse. no you do not. there is also the fact you are entirely responsible for his fall to the dark side. he is a brutish bastard but he is your brutish bastard

KOTOR is a good game that got many people into RPGs. it was also one of the forerunners of the classic Bioware RPGs. Of course, it has problems but it truly left its mark on the RPG industry. its stories parallel's the films but it does it in its own way. it adds depth to the Jedi and the Sith and adds a lot of smaller stories that are completely their own. it is clunky and has some major problems but overall its a great RPG.

If you played it a million times it must be doing something right. however I believe if you play something for too long you will burn out on it and as you grow your tastes change. it might just not be for you anymore and that is fine.
I still love Kotor for how it expanded on the star wars universe and added an epic story that reminded me of the original trilogy but still did its own thing. I actually might replay it with your review in mind and see how it holds up to scrutiny. i shall see if you have a point or two.

Mr. Pickles

Literate
most of the companions have little impact on the main storyline but that is no reason to get rid of them.
I didn't say that. I said the party size should have been reduced by combining some of the characters into new ones.

Jolee is kind of your mentor throughout the game.
Nothing he says has any impact on the story. At all. None of the decisions you can make are influenced by Jolee or his wisdom. Actually if you do Kashyyyk last he's only with your party for a very short amount of time before you reach the star forge and Lehon. It's a good thing that he offers a new perspective on the Jedi for the player to think about, but he doesn't actually have any impact on the story.

Juhani is kind of boring after Dantooine but is not awful by any standards.
That's your opinion, but in my opinion you're wrong. She's awful.

also, they are two completely different characters, how the hell would you combine them?
They're not two completely different characters. They're both Jedi and they both became disillusioned with the Order for various reasons. Juhani either comes back because you've persuaded her or you just fucking kill her. Since I apparently need to make this more clear; I suggested that Juhani should be merged with Jolee because Juhani doesn't have much character to begin with and what character she does have sucks.

did you forget about Zaalbars storyline on Kashyyyk?
No, but I think you did. Zaalbar doesn't do anything. He's removed from your party when you first talk to Chuundar and has almost no impact on the rest of the quest or anything else on Kashyyyk. If you are a good guy he helps you kill Chuundar after you come back from the shadowlands. That's it. If you're a bad guy that sides with Chuundar, Zaalbar decides to tag along with you to "learn" about how slavers operate. He has no impact on any aspect of the story or quest on Kashyyyk. If Bioware had forced him to stay on the ship nothing at all would change other than you have one less NPC helping you in the fight against Chuundar.

I like their storylines and they add to the star wars feel.
Then you're very easily satisfied, which is what Bioware was hoping for.

As far as i know, Carth does not have PTSD.
His trust issues are because of his trauma. Is that really so hard to understand?

Bastila and Anakin are very different characters. Bastila followed the Jedi code and made a bad relationship with her parents while Anakin was an orphan who was reckless to a fault.
Superficial differences. Their role in the narrative is identical.

KOTOR still does its own thing and echoes the original trilogy but is much more creative and in-depth about it.
No it doesn't. I think the only way to reach this conclusion is to willfully ignore almost everything I brought up throughout the essay. If KOTOR is so great then you shouldn't have to ignore a huge part of my argument to defend it.

Malak is a weak ass brute who stole your position and all your hard work. the fact he is kind of a mustache-twirling idiot kind of works because he took your place.
I don't think that makes a lick of sense.

it feels personal that he is doing a worse job than you
Is he doing a worse job than you? Because the game makes it seem like he's going to conquer the whole fucking galaxy if you don't stop him.

KOTOR is a good game that got many people into RPGs.
The fact that many people got into RPGs because of KOTOR is certainly true.

its stories parallel's the films but it does it in its own way.
It really, REALLY doesn't. It directly copies the movies and has enough superficial differences to distract any players who aren't paying close attention.

If you played it a million times it must be doing something right.
About half of my time spent on the game happened in the year after it's release in 2003. I was 13-14 at the time and I'm not afraid to admit that I was a pretty dumb teen. For the next 15 years I played it maybe once a year until this most recent playthrough where it had been a few years since I played it. What I'm saying is most of my time spent with the game was when I was younger and less experienced with RPGs. So when you say something like "you played it a lot so it must be good" you're either forgetting that I mentioned spending a huge chunk of my time in KOTOR playing it as a dumb teenager 15 years ago. Or you're aware of that and intentionally ignoring it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's the former.

however I believe if you play something for too long you will burn out on it and as you grow your tastes change.
I agree that this is possible and I admit it in the last couple of lines.

I actually might replay it with your review in mind and see how it holds up to scrutiny.
Please do. I doubt this thread is going anywhere so I'll keep an eye out for you to come back in the future.

Au Ellai

Educated
I feel ahead of the curve in that I pretty much felt this way about KOTOR when it came out. I was in high school when Baldur's Gate 1/2, Fallout1/2, PS:T, etc came out, so my expectations for Bioware were pretty high after the Black Isle split, and KOTOR was hyped pretty big as the next HUGE RPG from the veteran devs.

When it finally came out, I was so disappointed. It was a step down from almost every RPG I'd ever played, but its acclaim was universal and I felt like I was in some clown world. Bioware kept releasing games that were in the same vein and everyone loved them and it was just the most bizarre decade+ ever, with being disappointed with e very RPG yet them all getting great reviews and popularity.

Now it's kinda vindicating, lots of people actually (and finally) recognizing that these RPGs from the 00's were shit.

But yeah, you're right about everything. The only crazy thing is that it took close to 20 years for people to realize it en masse.

laclongquan

Arcane
I dont bother make a point by point reply to an alt making a troll post. so
Superficial differences. Their role in the narrative is identical.

When some troll compare these difference in life experience to a "superficial" level, you know you are reading a shitpost of no value worth replies.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Imagine playing this mediocre game (at best) for the millionth time.

I finished KOTOR yesterday, it took me 35 hours, "light side" ending, the first two levels (planets Taris and Dantooine) on "Normal" difficulty, then switched to the higher "Difficult" one for the rest of the game once I realised how very easy it has become. There's a lot that could be said about this game, I can give it 6/10 as a final and "objective" score, but it really is a very "flat", predictable and rather boring experience. The main villain has rightly been criticised around here as a cartoon villain with his "I will kill you now for sure HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" cringe retardation.

This made me realise how people are far too attached to other people in the game-dev world. I mean WHY has Bioware commanded any sort of credibility, hope and expectation if it already in 2003 it was clear how it was made by a bunch of manchildren and, well, women of low quality (of the artistic kind)? Akin to McDonalds who produce junk food for the insatiable appetites of fat Americans and others around the world, but which is both overpriced and inferior in quality to real local food anywhere, Biowhare is a junk game producing company and NOTHING more.

KOTOR isn't bad, 6/10 on a scale of 1 to 10 means there's quite a bit of entertainment to be had if in the right mood, but it's mediocre, unimpressive, banal and primarily aimed at easily impressionable children and teenagers. One of the most offensive things about it is how railroaded it is, destroying choices & consequences or not allowing them altogether. An example: on Rakatan planet I was supposed to go alone into a certain temple, a condition which I refused, but I was simply told to then come back when I change my mind and to prepare well for the expedition. So I was forced to go alone, and I thought to myself "Well fine, it may be quite an interesting experience." Just prior to going in, two of my companions show up via a cutscene and literally demand they go with me because "it is too dangerous". I refuse them, several times, through dialogue, but in the end I was, again, left with no choice but to accept them, since the game offers no real and meaningful choice with real and dire consequences.

The companions are awful, they talk too much. I killed Bastila just to see how things will play out, then reloaded and ensured another fake choice to keep her alive, because I wanted "full light side ending". Honestly I should have just killed her right on the start of our battle, telling her to finally shut the fuck up. And that diversity galore in everything, a true mark of Bioware's work, it just makes everything uglier than it has to be, but then again Star Wars was always one such thing as well.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Imagine playing this mediocre game (at best) for the millionth time.

I finished KOTOR yesterday, it took me 35 hours, "light side" ending, the first two levels (planets Taris and Dantooine) on "Normal" difficulty, then switched to the higher "Difficult" one for the rest of the game once I realised how very easy it has become. There's a lot that could be said about this game, I can give it 6/10 as a final and "objective" score, but it really is a very "flat", predictable and rather boring experience. The main villain has rightly been criticised around here as a cartoon villain with his "I will kill you now for sure HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" cringe retardation.

This made me realise how people are far too attached to other people in the game-dev world. I mean WHY has Bioware commanded any sort of credibility, hope and expectation if it already in 2003 it was clear how it was made by a bunch of manchildren and, well, women of low quality (of the artistic kind)? Akin to McDonalds who produce junk food for the insatiable appetites of fat Americans and others around the world, but which is both overpriced and inferior in quality to real local food anywhere, Biowhare is a junk game producing company and NOTHING more.

KOTOR isn't bad, 6/10 on a scale of 1 to 10 means there's quite a bit of entertainment to be had if in the right mood, but it's mediocre, unimpressive, banal and primarily aimed at easily impressionable children and teenagers. One of the most offensive things about it is how railroaded it is, destroying choices & consequences or not allowing them altogether. An example: on Rakatan planet I was supposed to go alone into a certain temple, a condition which I refused, but I was simply told to then come back when I change my mind and to prepare well for the expedition. So I was forced to go alone, and I thought to myself "Well fine, it may be quite an interesting experience." Just prior to going in, two of my companions show up via a cutscene and literally demand they go with me because "it is too dangerous". I refuse them, several times, through dialogue, but in the end I was, again, left with no choice but to accept them, since the game offers no real and meaningful choice with real and dire consequences.

The companions are awful, they talk too much. I killed Bastila just to see how things will play out, then reloaded and ensured another fake choice to keep her alive, because I wanted "full light side ending". Honestly I should have just killed her right on the start of our battle, telling her to finally shut the fuck up. And that diversity galore in everything, a true mark of Bioware's work, it just makes everything uglier than it has to be, but then again Star Wars was always one such thing as well.

6/10 is about right. In the absence of Star Wars roleplaying games, KOTOR is a pretty good Star Wars RPG - where the setting, lore, and nostalgia for the films does most of the heavy lifting. And it is better than I would have expected it to be given the degenerative nature of franchises. There are, after all, only 2 excellent Star Wars movies in a movie franchise that is 11 movies deep (13 if you count the Ewok movies), and those are the first two films. As a roleplaying game standing on it's own merits, removed of all of it's Star Wars dressing, it is rather mediocre. I would argue that Darth Nihilus in the sequel was a worse villain, and that the end fight in KOTOR felt reasonably climactic for a game with so much banality, but your overall assessment is spot on.

WTF was Taris about? Playing it felt like being victimized in a war crime.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Malak is kind of a weak villain but i think that actually kind of works because of one reason.
he took your place.
Malak is a weak ass brute who stole your position and all your hard work. the fact he is kind of a mustache-twirling idiot kind of works because he took your place. it feels personal that he is doing a worse job than you and stabbed you in the back. are you really going to let this impatient asshole take all your stuff and do it worse. no you do not. there is also the fact you are entirely responsible for his fall to the dark side. he is a brutish bastard but he is your brutish bastard

This is where you are correct only partially and only under the assumption that the player has chosen the Dark Side and the Sith. But only partially, as I will explain, but first on how it is completely wrong from the point of view of the Light Side path.

The character Revan may have been the Dark Lord, which in Star Wars means the leader of many Sith, sometimes up to an entire faction of them, but the player is free to construct a new identity and choose a different path (the path of the Light Side). This is what I have chosen, for example. In my choice, there is putting the past to rest, leaving behind former behaviors and identity, removal of importance of such things like revenge and retribution, as well as things usually close to them like anger, hatred, contempt. The "peace" the Jedi speak of when they say that emotion, any emotion, is fundamentally tainted by the darkness, isn't something tangential to the whole thing. It is essential. As such, for my character, whom I have refused to acknowledge being called Revan multiple times (but the game of course fails to properly reward or punish me for such things), Darth Malak is simply another Dark Lord who must be stopped for the sake of all life. Malak's betrayal, incompetence, wasteful behavior, brutish and thus often inelegant actions are all things which were of no concern to my character who has, even upon finding out that the Jedi have used him as a tool and a weapon, decided that the path of non-Dark-Side and non-Sith were proper; I say "non-" precisely because, whilst the game only offers a binary path of Light vs Dark, I felt it more proper to try and play a "third position", one which feels neither obliged to server the Jedi nor fight the Sith, not in principle at least. So no, it did not feel personal at all. In fact, with this perspective in mind, Malak was and felt like just another dangerous foe who must be vanquished, for sooner or later, he'll come for me (that is, my character) to make my life miserable.

As for the "entire responsibility" for Malak falling to the Dark Side, it is true in itself, but this claim is part of a larger truth, that of the path of the Sith. And this path, as one dialogue option acknowledges during the final confrontation with Malak, is wholly a matter of personal choice of each and every one who walks it. To fall is one thing, but to persist - wholly another. The former Dark Lord by the name Revan bears responsibility for dragging Malak to the Dark Side, but the character I played - who was no longer Revan in the absolute sense - has no responsibility at all for Malak still persisting in his choice.

And now the final and most important perspective on the matter, that of the Sith. Only the strongest and most capable of the Sith ever reach such a station so as to be called a Dark Lord. However, another thing that is equally important is that of the "principle of the two", one who is Master and the other is Apprentice. The Sith master, who is also a Dark Lord, knows very well how and why a new Sith leader is created: by apprentice killing his former master, and in turn assuming the title of the master himself and gaining an apprentice as well. Revan must have known and must have been acutely aware of the precariousness of his position, one with which comes great power and prestige, but also a constant threat in the form of his apprentice. And yet, despite being aware of these things, and he must have known them, Revan continues to have Malak by his side. In a rather ironic way, there really is nothing "truly" personal in apprentice killing his master, as it is done primarily out of the sense of personal superiority, rather than being incredibly irritated by real or perceived flaws of his master, as well as being done due to necessity and adherence to the Sith Code. The character Revan is portrayed as highly intelligent and even wise to a degree, able to work out a deal with inferior aliens through cunning and subterfuge (the Rakata), followed with betrayal but otherwise leaving those aliens be, rather than using brute force to get what he wants. This means that Malak's betrayal was both expected and natural course of things for Revan, which in turn actually works in favor for choosing the Light Side as being "canon", since the opposite path offers, in the end, only vanity and destruction, which sooner or later exhaust themselves into nothingness. A true Sith Lord wouldn't think of his apprentice as being inferior or "unworthy" of the title of master if the apprentice had actually manged to betray and destroy the master, which Malak in practice did. And if a new confrontation is to occur, only in the moment of victory could the former master again assume superiority, since not leading the Sith, not having prestige, not being part of the overall Sith force implies that the former master really is no longer one, despite still being alive. This is all the more affirmed by KOTOR, on the planet Korriban, where there are still living former masters ousted by their apprentices, but obviously not dead; the leader of the Sith Academy on Korriban is one such master, who was an a apprentice of the still living Sith, but details escape me as I basically didn't care much about that particular aspect of their relationship (how did the former master lose his position?), since in the end I slaughtered nearly everyone in the Academy, including the current master and his current apprentice at the same time.

This took more text than I had thought it would....

Last edited:

Zibniyat

Arcane
Looking at the screenshots I've made of the dialogues with Malak, it is clear that he's a rather weak villain due to being childish and led with only base impulses. Revan, in contrast, was far more mature, grounded in reality and could act not only as an individual with super-human abilities, but also as a leader, an Emperor or similar. It is the fault of authors of these characters that they fail to address the bigger picture implied by the lore and the world in which their characters are set: why would a Sith master be angry with his former apprentice if the latter managed to oust him from his position? Doesn't the Sith Code literally say that things like strength, power and victory matter the most? Isn't the one who achieves those things, and removes his master out of the picture, proving by definition to be in possession of qualities for a master himself? Isn't betrayal wholly natural and expected, in fact necessary course of action for every apprentice? Why would a master feel anguish at being bested by his apprentice, doesn't that prove that the master did a good job and has created someone of greater worth to be a Dark Lord?

Likewise, why would a former apprentice, now a master, feel the constant need to babble on about his supposed superiority and how he will, most definitely THIS TIME!, destroy completely once and for all his former master? This is why Darth Malak may be a decent villain, but is a terrible Sith Lord, a terrible character of the Star Wars universe, and his inane and impotent flailing of both his arms and his tongue just reveal incompetence on the part of developers to go in-depth into the universe they are creating, and their inability to conjure up something truly outstanding. Instead, we got this:

l3yZv3t.png

I felt pity putting him out of his misery and just wanted to get it done with as the game was beginning to overstay its welcome.

Etc.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That is some pretty impressive art tho. Gotta hand it to them for that.

I like KotOR fine, it's an enjoyable game and one of the better Bioware RPGs. People have already covered the big reasons why it's not the best RPG ever, and ignoring the bad A.I., I don't think there was much that could have been done to fix the poor character customization. Star Wars is full of lore constraints. You're either a spellsword with a very limited pool of abilities or you're a guy with a gun and as far as KotOR goes, you were never going to be the latter for long. It's a shame that there weren't more skills that came into play for quests and dialogue like was done in the sequel.

Storywise though, it was a mistake in the writing to not have Bastila save Revan's life due to a pre-existing infatuation between them thus causing that Force Bond. The reasoning given for her saving you in the first place was weak and given how much of a role that redemption through love can play in her own arc, it's odd nobody thought of it. At the same time though, even without that prior relationship I don't think it's that out of left field that she eventually warmed up to you. The nature of the Force Bond was never really defined properly and to assume that she only fell for him solely because of the bond is overstating it. There were other reasons to fall for Revan if we don't count the brain-dead dialogue options as strictly canon. Extremely powerful male provider (Bastila in spite of her denials was always interested in power, which was why she fell to Malak.), bad-boy factor, reciprocated interest. That's just the superficial. During the course of the game you can also fix her familial issues with her mother. By then you're essentially the epitome of the knight in shining armor if you're playing it on the straight and narrow.

Speaking of Bastila's mother, it was also insane how the devs missed the opportunity to allow you to pay for the medical treatment for her dying-mom syndrome. You're forced to just sit there like a bum as your girl digs in her purse.

Falksi

Arcane
The level design killed it for me a lot. Most areas are too big, and the pacing feels a bit all over in some of them too.

Atmosphere was awesome, characters I liked, story was fine and the twist got me when I first played, combat serviceable with the right setup.

S'ok.

Beans00

Augur
I got both Kotor games in like 2006 at the same time. Didn't like either of them and quit both roughly 40-50% of the way through.

Those were probably the first super consolized PC games aimed at the 'PC market'. I also don't like bioware's writing style.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
When KotOR came out Star Wars didn’t suck yet and D&D was still on 2.0 so it was like Star Wars flavored D&D, which at the time was awesome sauce.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We need a 4 hour video essay about the whole NWN to Mass Effect era of 3d rpgs. People talk about the decline, but there was this immersive quality of cinematic storytelling, romances, and continuous evolution of it all which was, at the time, very compelling, for a teen me at least.

Gothic was better, I was very aware of the fact that consolization took away the depths of systems present in earlier games I was lucky to experience before, but fuck me, Kotor was crack. I was playing it 10 hours a day for 4 days. I've played Kotor 2 for 26 hours straight the first time through. It's hard to judge it from today's perspective, cinematic rpgs are dead and all games are cinematic.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
We need a 4 hour video essay about the whole NWN to Mass Effect era of 3d rpgs. People talk about the decline, but there was this immersive quality of cinematic storytelling, romances, and continuous evolution of it all which was, at the time, very compelling, for a teen me at least.

Gothic was better, I was very aware of the fact that consolidation took away the depths of systems present in earlier games I was lucky to experience before, but fuck me, Kotor was crack. I was playing it 10 hours a day for 4 days. I've played Kotor 2 for 26 hours straight the first time through. It's hard to judge it from today's perspective, cinematic rpgs are dead and all games are cinematic.

I was quite young during this era, and it wasn't compelling in the least.

As a kid, I used to go to sleep thinking about what an advanced 3D version of Fallout 1 or Torment or whatever would look like, and how that might open up really imaginative new kinds of gameplay we had not imagined.

And then NWN etc arrived, and it was a pile of utter fucking shit. Everything looked worse, much worse, soulless and stripped of aesthetic. 3D didn't, for these RPGs, actually lead to any kind of improved gameplay or interesting level design, and actually made things worse into linear corridors. The storytelling didn't become more dynamic and interesting, either - we got the same dialogue trees and same expositions as before, except stripped of words and editing thanks to voice acting. There was nothing that made me think that stuff was evolving, or even that unique improvements in one area might be worth the decline in others.

KOTOR aped more cinematic techniques compared to earlier RPGs, perhaps, but it wasn't actually a more cinematic experience.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
KOTOR aped more cinematic techniques compared to earlier RPGs, perhaps, but it wasn't actually a more cinematic experience.
It was Star Wars though. Gets a pass.

Jade Empire was also cool in that cinematic way. The arcade mechanics separated it from expectations of deep systems implementation. Gets a pass.

I think there is some nuance to this. As I said. I was very, very well aware of the flaws (not in the writing perhaps, I was reading Forgotten Realms book at the time ffs) in those games, and I was actively playing older titles at the time. I'd like to see an elaborate take on the issue. Perhaps I'll do one myself and become a youtuber like Ed123

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
It was Star Wars though. Gets a pass.

Jade Empire was also cool in that cinematic way. The arcade mechanics separated it from expectations of deep systems implementation. Gets a pass.

I think there is some nuance to this. As I said. I was very, very well aware of the flaws (not in the writing perhaps, I was reading Forgotten Realms book at the time ffs) in those games, and I was actively playing older titles at the time. I'd like to see an elaborate take on the issue. Perhaps I'll do one myself and become a youtuber like Ed123

If you're giving it a pass because it was Star Wars, then that has nothing at all to do with any argument about 'evolution' or more 'cinematic'.

The games we're talking about could still be fun in a kind of janky junk food way, but they were never a positive direction for RPGs to move in.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I am very angry that a 20-year-old console game has not stood the test of time. Fucking Bioware amiright? :x

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Also the major flaw that prevents most people from replaying the game is just how easy it is. An easy game requires a deep story and C&C which the game lacks. You play light then dark then a few years later you play dark again and halfway through you try some difficulty mods but they all suck and 15 years go by and then you're posting in a shit codex thread.

Basically the circle of life they sing about in that movie. Damn, The Lion King was a great movie. Not the recent one. That was shit. So was the Aladdin remake. Disney has lost it. And Pixar? We watched Luca the other day and I had no idea Italian sea monsters were so fucking gay for each other. Or maybe it's just Italians in general. Anyway that movie has to play great with the faggot/pedo crowd.

Thank you for reading this installment of Random Thoughts with Paco. See you next week.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I am if the belief that if you played a game a "million times' you forfeit the right to bash or criticize it in any way. KOTOR was and is an ehh game.

Also, NWN was and us awesome. It looked great, sounded great, played great, and it us no doubt one if the best achievements in games ever. This is undisputable fact. PERIOD.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
When KotOR came out Star Wars didn’t suck yet and D&D was still on 2.0 so it was like Star Wars flavored D&D, which at the time was awesome sauce.

SWKotORs were among the last good CRPGs of the Renaissance era

decline started with Mass Effect, Witcher and Dragon Age

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom