Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
...Man, vampires used to be fuckin' cool.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
It's certainly not in my particular mountain tribe.

Nor mine.

You mention a hill tribe in Mongolia but I'm quite confident that in all of Mongolia, and indeed all of central Asia this is not a big issue. Of course I don't have any statistics to point to it's just a belief.

It is indeed not a big issue here, no matter how hard some recently western-educated graduates want to make it to be.

Harthwain

Magister
When it comes to people claiming to be the opposite sex and spelling Fiona as Feeona I often suspect that this is done as some sort of teen rebellion. Your uncle is talking about how good national service is or how war hardens up youth or something, you could always tell him that you'd like to be called Feeona from now on, there'd be a certain satisfaction there.
Don't be retarded. If your uncle says the war is good, because it "hardens youth" then your uncle wasn't serving during the war or was lucky to be in high enough position to be removed from it. My grandfather did fight in WW2 (on the front lines) and he made it clear the war is hell and shouldn't be lusted for.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It is indeed not a big issue here, no matter how hard some recently western-educated graduates want to make it to be.

4-monkeys-do-nothing-see-nothing-hear-nothing-say-nothing.png

And that is how the threat grows. Complacency is a disease.

0wca

Learned
So what's even happening with this game now? Last I heard they scrapped the core team and were rebuilding the game from scratch.

Sounds like development hell to me. Anyone got a TL;DR?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So what's even happening with this game now? Last I heard they scrapped the core team and were rebuilding the game from scratch.

That's about it. They haven't announced who the new developer is, but presumably they are starting over almost from scratch.

Sarathiour

Cipher
uuAsASf.png

Saw Cara tweeted this recently, thought you guys may find it interesting.

He's wrong and she's right, because she's talking about narrative, where the imbecile above is only talking about the story.

Nobody goes to make a movie "cinematography first", they go in with the script.

I only have basic knowledge about cinema, but i'm nearly sure he's wrong, i could ask a few passionate that i know about it.

PlacidDragon

Educated

Short version, we dont really know. They've shut down the official forum, and their official World of Darkness Youtube channel hosted by Outstar doesn't mention BL 2 either. Paradox confirms that they have already signed a new developer in their "earnings call" report (February 2021) (Source), but it has been complete radio silence since then. I think its safe to say that whatever is going on, they must have hit some kind of snag.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I can already predict Bloodlines 2 2.0 will be as equally shit, if not as equally hilarious, as Bloodlines 2 1.0.

Paradox have proven themselves to be incompetent, both as developers and publishers, so whatever alternative assembly of chimps they have found to unfuck this project, they are going to be just as incompetent and just as politically compromised as the first group.

Dexter

Arcane
Saw Cara tweeted this recently, thought you guys may find it interesting.
She's right.
Doesn't change the fact she's a waste of oxygen.
Tell that to Super Mario, Tetris, Mario Kart, Pac-Man, Wii Sports, MineCraft, all the "Sports, Sports, Sports" games, successful Multiplayer titles like Counter Strike or Fortnite and a very large percent of best selling/most successful video game franchises of all time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

The very fact that they hired her in any "narrative" capacity in the first place, attests that they didn't give a shit about "narrative" from the very beginning.

PlacidDragon

Educated
I find it likely the new team needs time to make a game in the first place, so there is little to talk about at this point.
Sure, but its 5 months ago. Unless you are starting from scratch (which they according to Paradox were not, they had "started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game"), the new studio should long since have compiled a rough outline to finish development (they should also have Alexandre Mandryka's "work notes", as he was basically trying to finishing and shipping the game the last 6 months or so that Hardsuit were the developer).

Which leads me back to "snag" (which might mean anything unforeseen up to and including starting from scratch). Time will tell :)

Whimper

Educated
When it comes to people claiming to be the opposite sex and spelling Fiona as Feeona I often suspect that this is done as some sort of teen rebellion. Your uncle is talking about how good national service is or how war hardens up youth or something, you could always tell him that you'd like to be called Feeona from now on, there'd be a certain satisfaction there.
Don't be retarded. If your uncle says the war is good, because it "hardens youth" then your uncle wasn't serving during the war or was lucky to be in high enough position to be removed from it. My grandfather did fight in WW2 (on the front lines) and he made it clear the war is hell and shouldn't be lusted for.
It was an example of someone's uncle saying saying something along those lines, however, there are people who have liked war let's look at Adrian Carton de Wiart for example who fought in three wars in total and two world wars. He was seriously injured on a number of occasions and apparently rather liked war. Not everybody is your grandfather.

Whimper

Educated
It's certainly not in my particular mountain tribe.

Nor mine.

You mention a hill tribe in Mongolia but I'm quite confident that in all of Mongolia, and indeed all of central Asia this is not a big issue. Of course I don't have any statistics to point to it's just a belief.

Mongolians are a tough no-nonsense people they'd never put up with it.

J1M

Arcane
She's right.

A game is not its story, if it is, then it's probably not a game.

Fuck the "all important narrative department," Jesus. How pretentious.

She's an idiotette.
No way man, if you are considering changing the game engine or ingame economy, you need permission from the fetch quest writers first!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
She's right.

She's an idiotette.
No way man, if you are considering changing the game engine or ingame economy, you need permission from the fetch quest writers first!

No on the engine, yes for the economy. It's something that should enhance the narrative, and the narrative should include the economy.

J1M

Arcane
She's right.

She's an idiotette.

No on the engine, yes for the economy. It's something that should enhance the narrative, and the narrative should include the economy.
Quests shouldn't be designed to award [500 currency]. They should award something algrithmic like [medium currency amount] x [quest level] so that the whole game isn't instantly full of bugs because of iteration on one of the systems.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, so it's vaporware or is on its way to becoming vaporware. Anyway, it was Brian Mitsoda's baby. I haven't been following this at all but I suspect it would have ended up an odd baby without him. Something like this:

external-content-duckduckgo-com.jpg

Harthwain

Magister
Quests shouldn't be designed to award [500 currency]. They should award something algrithmic like [medium currency amount] x [quest level] so that the whole game isn't instantly full of bugs because of iteration on one of the systems.
Quest rewards should take into account the inflation caused by the player who's messing up with the economy by selling excess amount of items.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom