Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Absinthe

Arcane
With enough AoE, any melee build really isn't "melee." Noob-friendly edition is definitely Marauder style just stacking life and endurance charges.

Also, you can get endurance charges on any character. All you need to do is fit an Enduring Cry gem in your build (20% anomalous if you want it to cast faster). If you want a very fast Enduring Cry you just 4L 20% Anomalous Enduring Cry + lvl 3 enhance + 20% Urgent Orders + Second Wind and your cry will happen in around 0.297 seconds. Considering how all you care about is the endurance charge, you can just keep Enduring Cry in an alternate weapon set, where you keep your Vigilant Strike too (6S 4L+2L maybe). Ranged builds can get that Fortify the same way, as an alternate weapon set (2H axe for the strike radius) with 20% Vigilant Strike and lvl 3 Enhance will give 15 second of Fortify easy.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Also, you can get endurance charges on any character
The common way to do that is small cluster jewel "gain 1 ec after hit every sec" and proc that with elixir flask

but e charge is not all good,
ele resist can be detrimental for doryanis prototype
thats metric tons of fun otherwise and result in atlas objectives so I dumped e charge along with cloak of defiance (seeing CoD on templars is also a huge turn off, Lmao).

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
If you want a truly <10 ex ass-buster, you can always go the way of the Hollow Palm, friend, and take a shit on almost every boss in the game.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
My main issue with ranged builds, is that its impossible to get proper damage going without massive investment, whereas melee builds can hit 10+ mil DPS very easily without the need for perfect cluster jewels or double/triple crit multi jewels or abusing conversion shenanigans.

Impale is just too strong of a DPS boost to have any real competitor for ranged builds, and since every single melee build has access to splitting steel as long as you use a sword or axe (and theres no reason to play any other weapon type) you can clear entire screens no matter how small or targetlocked your base-skill is. It's a dumb mechanic that has dominated PoE for far too long considering how easy it is to hit 50+ mil dps builds week 1 or 2 with it. Numbers no ranged build can match unless they go zdps or invest insane amount of currency. And then the Melee build will still be much more tanky.

Absinthe

Arcane
Lone Wolf, Doryani's Fist does that too, but Hollow Palm builds usually have gearing difficulties and end up expensive later on when you're busy juggling dexterity, health, and resists across your limited gear slots. There are a number of dex-maximizing builds so those items all end up costing money.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
True, but can definitely be done for around 10ex on Ultimatum (just did a quick price check).

Wildwraps 6l - 2-3ex
Garukhan's - 2-3ex
Fractal Thoughts - 1-5c
Taste of Hate - 1-5c
Cyclopean Coil - 2-5c
Astramentis - 15-20c
One With Nothing - 80-100c
2x life/resist rings (80+ life/125-150 total elemental res) - 1-3ex

The big issue is getting five red on the Wildwraps, but Harvest can get it done. The cluster jewels also cost a fair bit, but still doable at 50c-1ex a pop.

Disclaimer: still a pretty meme build.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Oh god, I was joking with creeping frost I swear, I thought for sure there was no way anyone could mistake it as a viable skill.

Use any other cold dot instead.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Oh god, I was joking with creeping frost I swear, I thought for sure there was no way anyone could mistake it as a viable skill.

Use any other cold dot instead.
I decided to start league with a Witch, basing the character on Crook Mofus, so would be an Occultist with Fire spells, Hexes, Spectres and things like Consecrated Path? Could be a Righteous Fire build, idk. We'll see what I find.

tritosine2k

Erudite
The thing to do , is build the character in PoB first and foremost. And while you do this, on trade site you play with trade filters , target items with seperate primary / secondary importance , and seperate mapping/bossing benefits. You can even do a lot of stuff before the league starts because if you play with filters the trade site, you can try out seperate price bracket rares in the build.
Copy the item on website and add it into PoB. Then refine the filters on trade site according to PoB result. So this way you can avoid expensive items + bidding because you can change a famed / illfamed ( creeping frost) build into a variant that needs no prescribed items. I think Im looking at >15m Sirus DPS at ~1ex now. Also get ideas like he says, because endgaming + >ex advices are mostly useless:

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik

It's completely viable for pretty much all content. That's not to say it's the best for all content, but it's absolutely viable.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still dunno whether I'm playing this league, I got sick of Ultimatum very early on.

If I do, dunno whether to do a Minion, Trapper or Totem build. I guess best to wait for patch notes.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If I do, dunno whether to do a Minion, Trapper or Totem build. I guess best to wait for patch notes.
I often feel like I should take a break (and to be fair, the progress I make in the endgame is decreasing these days, not increasing). But there's usually some new spell/archetype that looks cool enough that I want to try. In Ultimatum it was reap, for next league some of the spells in the teaser looked cool.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
From what I hear, this is a new skill gem league, if that makes any difference.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
From what I hear, this is a new skill gem league, if that makes any difference.
I don't even understand what this means. Every league adds new skill gems, and every league contains mostly non skill gem additions. Unless it's another league with something like alt quality gems as the unique reward?

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
It means there is a higher number of skill gems being introduced than the usual haul. At least, that's what POE Reddit thinks.

razvedchiki

Erudite
holy moly that feature bloat, delves/breaches/harvest thing/heists/profecies/ that sister pump thing etc. spent 10 mins thinking what to do next go mapping or heists/delvs whatever.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
holy moly that feature bloat, delves/breaches/harvest thing/heists/profecies/ that sister pump thing etc. spent 10 mins thinking what to do next go mapping or heists/delvs whatever.
I don't mind the feature bloat half as much as I mind the item and powercreep bloat.

You can't just use regular skill gems you know, you have to have alt quality ones (super rare reward). What, you are spending your skill points on the regular tree like some kind of pleb? No, you need to insert loot skills into your tree, and then replace half the regular tree with skill conversion jewels. Hah, using REGULAR ITEMS? SUCH INTOXICATING INNOCENCE, you need double influenced gear!

Looting gear? Idiot, you need to spend 10 hours mathing it up with the data mined crafting data so you can create good items.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom